• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Why drop a young lad who has been excellent in first season.
Surly Pochettino won’t undermine his confidence by bringing in someone who may not even want to stay next season!
Crazy!

I can see Pochettino giving Jan a breather

Last edited:
If we need to sell him there's plenty of rich clubs on the continent who can't defend for brick, should have them queuing up.

You are obviously having a laugh, how many clubs on the continent can you name that would offer £50m for a full back and currently need a new left back? Bear in mind a Bayern Munich's record signing is just 42 million euros and that Madrid, PSG and Barca will not be going lining up to sign him

That he will play a player if he sees fit and not the rhetoric of him not being played because of contract issues
I don't think that there's any outcry that he wouldn't, so I'm not sure that's a point he has to prove. Plus I don't think Poch really would give a damn either way.

That he will play a player if he sees fit and not the rhetoric of him not being played because of contract issues

Pochettino will want to put him in the shop window also.
So getting Toby fit and playing will be of value.

Toby is still an asset and it will be important for all concerned to show he's fit and ready!

Last edited:

Righto

I don't think that there's any outcry that he wouldn't, so I'm not sure that's a point he has to prove. Plus I don't think Poch really would give a damn either way.

Yep, I didn’t even see that being a thing, my assumption has been that he’s not ready to come back, his amusing cameos backing that up.

Every press conference is on the agenda
Toby playing????
He was asked today and boom... yep I’ll Have him in the squad and he may play

Every press conference is on the agenda
Toby playing????
He was asked today and boom... yep I’ll Have him in the squad and he may play
That still has nothing to do with proving a point. I don't think Poch is the kind of manager who needs to prove a point with the media. And yeah, Toby was bound to get fit between now and the end of the season, so at some point he would have played, whether the press asked about it or not. In any case, doesn't matter...

That still has nothing to do with proving a point. I don't think Poch is the kind of manager who needs to prove a point with the media. And yeah, Toby was bound to get fit between now and the end of the season, so at some point he would have played, whether the press asked about it or not. In any case, doesn't matter...

Poch loves to prove a point ...I’d argue he thrives off it

By playing Toby he can say that it’s beacuse Toby has worked hard again and earned the right... I’m the man and what i say goes as Im magic you know

You're all overthinking it....Jan has a knock, he'll be alright for Saturday but will sit out tomorrow.
Cant we all agree he's been dropped because he had a massive falling out with Poch as he wants 200k a week and he's a bad influence on the squad and his awful body language is why we can't even define what a 'winning mentality' is? That's much more fun.

Cant we all agree he's been dropped because he had a massive falling out with Poch as he wants 200k a week and he's a bad influence on the squad and his awful body language is why we can't even define what a 'winning mentality' is? That's much more fun.

Don't forget he is Dutch:eek:

I think Saturday showed why Toby still has a role to play, Sanchez is a great young player but will still make the odd errors and be out of position from time to time which is only natural at his age. I think learning from Toby and Jan over the next 2/3 years would see him become a better player and us a better team.

Toby may well have been slower and let City in for more goals.
Toby is not as we read this going to be here next season.
Play him to keep him fit but let’s not think he would have done any better than Sanchez.

I’d be tempted to go back to a three, as good as the Verts/Toby partnership can be it always looked susceptible to pace.

Credit to Toby, he’s obviously worked hard, that performance was a million miles away from what we saw in the cup games 6 weeks ago.

Back