• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I'd wait until midweek before using this tbh....we are Spurs and there's still time for us to c0ck this up
You can breathe a sigh of relief now...

80d3acf9-4e3a-46a0-9a39-594f3cceda0c.jpg

Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

So Sherwood ends on:

Played 22, Points 42, Goals For 40, Goals Against 30, Goal Difference +10.

The points per game improved from 1.68 to 1.90. 63 points over a season versus 72 points over a season. Essentially we went from getting 7th place results to 5th place results. Goals For improved from 0.93 to 1.81. So the number of goals scored nearly doubled. Goals conceded went from 1.31 to 1.36. One goal difference. So the accusation that he left us more open in exchange for scoring more goals is largely without basis. We conceded about as many as before but Sherwood also had the marginally tougher fixtures - which also further enhances the improvements in other areas. There was no improvement in results against the top 4 but there can be argument for a small improvement in performance. We gave Arsenal a much tougher game than at the Emirates and we were competing against City and Chelsea until we had a man sent off. Liverpool though, was nearly as shambolic as the home game. After that, Sherwood was played 7 won 7 against everyone 5th-10th. The best result before this was against the team who end in 11th. Our goal difference went from -7 to +10. So there was some improvement across the board but nowhere near enough to make up the lost ground. There is no shame in this. As it ended up, with the top 4 so far out in front early and staying there, it would have taken near championship winning form to get to 80 points. That would have been 53 points in 22 games. No one is likely to have achieved that from the position we were in.

On the cups, with hindsight we can consider ourselves unfortunate to be drawn against the probable winners of both the FA Cup and Europa League so early on. The West Ham defeat meanwhile was horrible but came on only his 3rd day in charge after we'd been battered 0-5 on the Sunday.

All in all, he was a more than decent stop gap. Thanks for your efforts Tim and best of luck for whatever you'll be doing next!

Agreed, well done, I don't want him as manager next season but the slightest bit of respect and credit where it's due is required here,....... surely?!?

and in the words of our chairman, even in the games we got maximum points from, our football was not good enough

This would be fair comment if he'd had the whole season. But taking over midway in 7th after 15 points in the previous 11, with confidence badly hit having just been beaten 0-5 at home....who was going to achieve anything exceptional from that position? Again, 53 points from 22 was required for 4th. That is 2.40 points per game. The league winners got 86 in 38. That is 2.26 points per game. Better than league championship form was therefore required and was never likely. As it was he produced 5th place results. Not bad considering the circumstances he took over in.

Last edited:

So Sherwood ends on:

Played 22, Points 42, Goals For 40, Goals Against 30, Goal Difference +10.

The points per game improved from 1.68 to 1.90. 63 points over a season versus 72 points over a season. Essentially we went from getting 7th place results to 5th place results. Goals For improved from 0.93 to 1.81. So the number of goals scored nearly doubled. Goals conceded went from 1.31 to 1.36. One goal difference. So the accusation that he left us more open in exchange for scoring more goals is largely without basis. We conceded about as many as before but Sherwood also had the marginally tougher fixtures - which also further enhances the improvements in other areas. There was no improvement in results against the top 4 but there can be argument for a small improvement in performance. We gave Arsenal a much tougher game than at the Emirates and we were competing against City and Chelsea until we had a man sent off. Liverpool though, was nearly as shambolic as the home game. After that, Sherwood was played 7 won 7 against everyone 5th-10th. The best result before this was against the team who end in 11th. Our goal difference went from -7 to +10. So there was some improvement across the board but nowhere near enough to make up the lost ground. There is no shame in this. As it ended up, with the top 4 so far out in front early and staying there, it would have taken near championship winning form to get to 80 points. That would have been 53 points in 22 games. No one is likely to have achieved that from the position we were in.

On the cups, with hindsight we can consider ourselves unfortunate to be drawn against the probable winners of both the FA Cup and Europa League so early on. The West Ham defeat meanwhile was horrible but came on only his 3rd day in charge after we'd been battered 0-5 on the Sunday.

All in all, he was a more than decent stop gap. Thanks for your efforts Tim and best of luck for whatever you'll be doing next!

Well said that man. I'd rather Sherwood wasn't with us next year; I question whether he has the experience (yet) to be a success at a club the size of Spurs. But I think he might well be the guy to take Blackburn back up into the premiership (you heard it here first! :)

I also don't like the sound of the rumours that he has alienated quite a few players. I have no idea if those rumours are true or now, but it's never nice to read that stuff about Spurs.

I still think we could be on the verge of making a step up to being a regular part of Europe's top table. We're really not that far away from being a top side; we just need a few tweaks (and the right manager to make those tweaks). If that happens - along with the new stadium... ... ... well, Liverpool aren't the only side that can become title challengers, seemingly out of nowhere. But I hold no grudge against Sherwood, nor do I bear him any bad will. He's done a very decent job under the circumstances. But right now I think the club, and especially the players, need a fresh start with a manager that doesn't carry any of the baggage of this disappointing season.

If Tim could just have kept his big gob shtum he might have made it to through a second season

Only because you're determined not to accept something, because there isn't cast iron proof in the form of a quote from someone saying 'Tim Sherwood said this'.

Sherwood is a snake that has looked out for himself and not the club throughout his entire managerial run here. He's also admitted before to undermining Hoddle and Hodgson, and was a direct beneficiary of AVB leaving. The Jiggins story came from somewhere. Where do you think it came from?

I find it strange that giving someone the benefit of the doubt where there is insufficient evidence to know exactly what had happened is something to have a go at someone about. At the very least I would think that someone who believed the story would choose you use measured language to reflect the fact that they are speculating.

I have no idea where the Jiggins story came from and wouldn't want to speculate because I do not know the first thing about the man.

I don't condone the way that Sherwood behaved towards Hoddle and Hodgson but I think that pantomime villain that some people on here try to pain Sherwood as is ludicrous. In my experience, there are very few situations in life that are black and white but that is how every situation involving Sherwood is portrayed. I think that this is a bit silly, there are plenty of valid reasons for wanting him out at the end of the season without having to rely on uncorroborated rumours.

A rookie manager (one of our own) has a massive promotion, and more than holds his own. Brings through a number of youth players. Has an unparrelled win percentage. This after taking over mid season, with the other youth coaches as his assistants. Sherwood, Ramsey and Ferdinand are no Mensa members, but they have done somthing right. It wasn't all just luck was it scara? What did your 'luck stats' say end of season?

Well done TS, Ramsay and Ferdinand. It wasn't pretty but it was impressive under the circumsances.

"People who don't know the game continue to make impulsive decisions" talking about Levy like that is not going to do you any favours Tim, was funny though.

As for all the gossip - did he leak a story or didn't he - why not watch East Enders or some bollox? Who cares who said what to whom? Its playground talk. How the team play, and if the team win are all that concerns me.

"People who don't know the game continue to make impulsive decisions" talking about Levy like that is not going to do you any favours Tim, was funny though.

Have you heard what he said in his PC too:

Q - 'Where's the fan you put on the bench in the betting for the manager's job?'
A - 'No chance. He's English'

Some more nuggets:

"I'm happy with the performance that I'VE made."

"If I had started the season, we would have finished in the Champions League places."

"It will be interesting to see how I am judged when I meet the chairman. If I do leave, it can't be on results."

"If I'd have known it would only be for five months, I wouldn't have done it, to be honest."

GB what do these quotes tell us for you? How do they impact on the team play and us winning?

Some more nuggets:

"If I had started the season, we would have finished in the Champions League places."

"It will be interesting to see how I am judged when I meet the chairman. If I do leave, it can't be on results."

"If I'd have known it would only be for five months, I wouldn't have done it, to be honest."

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of what he's said there....

I think Sherwood has done himself a disservice with his media antics, otherwise people might be a lot more appreciative of the final results.

That said, I caveat your post by saying that is the most positive view point, a more realistic viewpoint is we failed in the cups mostly against moderate opponents, and in the words of our chairman, even in the games we got maximum points from, our football was not good enough.

Good luck to TS, but here's to hoping the club makes a replacement announcement very soon.

Arsenal and Benfica moderate?

Some more nuggets:

You say similar things about Juande Ramos on a weekly basis

GB what do these quotes tell us for you? How do they impact on the team play and us winning?

That he's completely delusional, ignorant, arrogant, self-important and lacking in self-awareness. It's not overly his results, its his behaviour and performances that have cost him his job.

That he's completely delusional, ignorant, arrogant, self-important and lacking in self-awareness. It's not overly his results, its his behaviour and performances that have cost him his job.

How does that differ to the previous coach?

Some more nuggets:

He's just such a ****. Every time I see new responses in this thread I get excited thinking he's gone.

Not long hopefully.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of what he's said there....

Let's not kid ourselves, he could win the Premier League with Brighton with no money and GB would find a way to discredit him. Meanwhile Ramos continues to fail at every club he goes to and it's everyone's fault but his.

Back