• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I hope now that Townsend's back he doesn't move Eriksen central and bring Townsend in on the left, would really ruin the balance we have at the moment which I think is pretty spot on.

I would hope that Eriksen has done enough to make him first choice on the left of midfield

I hope now that Townsend's back he doesn't move Eriksen central and bring Townsend in on the left, would really ruin the balance we have at the moment which I think is pretty spot on.
Options is everything.

What would have happened at OT if we could have brought on AT for Eriksen in the last knockings?

I would hope that Eriksen has done enough to make him first choice on the left of midfield

After only 1 goal and just 1 assist for sure AVB would have dropped him for Holtby.

I hope our 1st team does not become predictable.

My thoughts on Sherwood...

Obviously I am very pleased with results and performances so far and that is ultimately what a manager is judged upon..

I also like what he says though.... He picks up on things that we can see (conceding a goal after scoring) and is not afraid to talk about them openly. He has played at the top level, won the title and so has far more experience to call upon when things are not going right. I can imagine his h/t talk at Man U was 'don't be scared or they'll murder you' whereas AVB might have come out with some technical stuff.

He was fortunate to be able to bring Ade back in and so change our style of play in an instant but he does inspire me with confidence and I so hope he is good 'man manager'.

As to where we finish..... Unless something truly exceptional happens I can't see us getting above Emirates Marketing Project, Scum or Chelscum so we are battling Man U, and both Scousers for 4th. Given he only had half a season it would be unfair and unwise to get rid if we didn't get CL but otherwise were showing genuine signs of improvement. I do feel a good run in the Europa league is vital though and I am pleased we have not got Emirates Marketing Project away next Wednesday!

COYS.

I am not sure Sherwood will take the Europa League seriously, even if we are in Round of 32 now. Don't think any English managers rate EL highly. Remember, 4 of our 5 loses(Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, WestHam, Liverpool) under AVB came after we played midweek EL matches this season. So, seeing EL probably cost AVB his post, don't think Sherwood will take the risk, especially at a crucial period in the league. He will probably play all youngsters, hoping they can pull off some miracle. Badly wanted us to win EL but I think our chance has gone when AVB left. Can't see any other manager willing to risk our league form to do well in EL.

Interesting I actually think Townsend on the left would give us better balance.

Our play has been dominantly right sided since the new "4-4-2" because Eriksen doesn't exactly hug the left touchline.

Its almost been

---------- Soldado
--------------- Ade ------ Lennon
----- Eriksen -- Dembele
------------ Capoue

the way i've seen it... Whenever i've watched i feel like we don't have a left side unless Rose is doing the work.

of course adding Townsend would mean taking off Lennon and that effectively leaves you with the same problem just on the other side of the pitch. Unless of course we are working towards a 4-3-3 with Ade wide right, Townsend wide left like i've mentioned before.

Interesting I actually think Townsend on the left would give us better balance.

Our play has been dominantly right sided since the new "4-4-2" because Eriksen doesn't exactly hug the left touchline.

Its almost been

---------- Soldado
--------------- Ade ------ Lennon
----- Eriksen -- Dembele
------------ Capoue

the way i've seen it... Whenever i've watched i feel like we don't have a left side unless Rose is doing the work.

of course adding Townsend would mean taking off Lennon and that effectively leaves you with the same problem just on the other side of the pitch. Unless of course we are working towards a 4-3-3 with Ade wide right, Townsend wide left like i've mentioned before.

The problem with having two out and out wingers is that you will get outnumbered in central midfield against the better teams. Having Eriksen tucking in/having a free role has meant that he can help out (along with Ade) to stop this happening. I don't think that Townsend would be comfortable doing this but I suppose it is possible that Lennon could if we decide to bring Townsend back in.

I am not sure Sherwood will take the Europa League seriously, even if we are in Round of 32 now. Don't think any English managers rate EL highly. Remember, 4 of our 5 loses(Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, WestHam, Liverpool) under AVB came after we played midweek EL matches this season. So, seeing EL probably cost AVB his post, don't think Sherwood will take the risk, especially at a crucial period in the league. He will probably play all youngsters, hoping they can pull off some miracle. Badly wanted us to win EL but I think our chance has gone when AVB left. Can't see any other manager willing to risk our league form to do well in EL.

I have said it before but it needs to be re-stated.

What is the f ucking point of getting ECL if we can't handle EL?

But AVB not being the sharpest knife in the drawer thought more about his CV for future employers by winning the EL like FSW and fielded ridiculous teams for EL encounters.

Ironically, getting the selections wrong for the EL last year as well as this cost us ECL and him his job.

The problem with having two out and out wingers is that you will get outnumbered in central midfield against the better teams. Having Eriksen tucking in/having a free role has meant that he can help out (along with Ade) to stop this happening. I don't think that Townsend would be comfortable doing this but I suppose it is possible that Lennon could if we decide to bring Townsend back in.

surely ade can just drop in to the midfield like aguero does for city??? incidentally I like the wonky or the idea of lamela or eriksen playing just off the main striker...

I spose with the wonky you worry about eriksen tracking back and helping out Rose......He sort of didnt at the start of the game at old trafford but he must of got the message because he was helping Rose out alot more in the second half

either way Eriksen is match fit...Andros is not so selection wise its a no brainer for tomorrow.

Thing about the wonky is like everyone has said, we are predominantly playing on one flank whilst with a properly staffed 433 you have the luxury of attacking down either flank.

As for the spaces, against Southampton yes we were pretty open, but I don't think it's been anywhere near that bad since. As I've already posted I think the times when both strikers stay up/fail to track back is when we look in trouble.

I don't think enough time has passed for any type of judgment so far on Sherwoods abilities - be they positive or negative, or what type of formation/tactics he will eventually settle on etc etc Things sound encouraging though going by the results (only half watched the West Ham game so far) and reason for optimism no doubt.

I have a gut feeling he will turn out to be quite the inspired appointment - i like what i have heard with regards to his role in the youth set up (important also to remember Ramsey here as well) and think the 'step up' isn't as big a deal as others think.

End of next season will be a more realistic point to judge him - a good end to the season will see him given the extra year imv

I think the key part of this working out is Ade. He allows Eriksen to come inside/have a free role by being such a superb drop-off striker. He really is immense.

I think Sherwood has been very fortunate so far. He took over just before we were going to play relatively easy matches. ManU were supposed to be his real test but they had been shyte all season with their best player Van Persie out injured. Also, Sherwood didn't have to face the troublesome midweek Europa League matches which ultimately caused the downfall of AVB. Not sure how Sherwood would have done if had faced teams like ManCity and Liverpool or if we still have to play the EL matches now. A few of the new players like Eriksen also seems to be maturing now after spending 4/5 months here. I can see some similiarities between Eriksen now and Modric in 2008. Modric was struggling when Ramos first bought him but started to mature after 2/3 months just as Redknapp took over.

Saying all that, there is nothing wroing with being a lucky manager. It is always better to have a lucky manager or players, rather than have unlucky ones ! I think Sherwood's real test as manager will come against Arsenal today as they have been in good form throughout the season.

I think Sherwood has been very fortunate so far. He took over just before we were going to play relatively easy matches. ManU were supposed to be his real test but they had been shyte all season with their best player Van Persie out injured. Also, Sherwood didn't have to face the troublesome midweek Europa League matches which ultimately caused the downfall of AVB. Not sure how Sherwood would have done if had faced teams like ManCity and Liverpool or if we still have to play the EL matches now. A few of the new players like Eriksen also seems to be maturing now after spending 4/5 months here. I can see some similiarities between Eriksen now and Modric in 2008. Modric was struggling when Ramos first bought him but started to mature after 2/3 months just as Redknapp took over.

Saying all that, there is nothing wroing with being a lucky manager. It is always better to have a lucky manager or players, rather than have unlucky ones ! I think Sherwood's real test as manager will come against Arsenal today as they have been in good form throughout the season.

It will certainly be an interesting comparison to the 0-1 there at the start of the season. We did very well in that match, I know they hadn't got going yet but neither had we and both were missing key signings, but there was enough poise in that performance and attacking threat over the last few weeks to suggest we can have them...

Back