• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

Are all Spanish and Italian footballer more intelligent than kyle walker then?

Is it the pasta that makes them so... Or the olive oil?

On average I'd say they are, yes. Obviously most English footballers are too, but overseas footballers tend to be more capable with complicated tactics. I suspect it's something to do with growing up in places where skill is considered as (or more) important as running quickly - selection bias rather than a population thing.

Serious question here, what was complicated about avbs tactics?

He had the ability to express himself in an articulate somewhat academic sounding fashion. But what about his tactics were so advanced and difficult to understand.

Sherwood's treatment here is staggering.

Much of his treatment is based on nonsense:

1. He's an Arsenal fan - it's irrelevant;
2. He's a 'snake' - no one knows the extent of this. In any case, if you were working for a manager you thought wasn't good enough, why shouldn't you push for his removal? Sherwood's ambitious and wants the best. Have Hoddle and Hodgson proved to be anything more than reasonable managers? I'm not convinced.

He's done a lot of good things:

3. Adebayor's inclusion seems simple, sure, but wasn't to AVB, who persisted with the attrocious Soldado;
4. He is not an idiot. If you actually listen to what he's saying, he's so often correct:
- The squad is much of a muchness beyond Lloris, Eriksen and Adebayor;
- The squad was poorly reconstructed over the summer;
- The club does need an overhaul from top to bottom;
- Emphasis on youth and homegrown players is important (this doesn't mean prioritised over technical ability);

5. He does have a system in mind - high tempo pressing. There have been some signs of this, but these things do take time;

6. He knows Chadli, Paulinho, Chiriches and Soldado should be shipped out - and he knows they're not sufficient upgrades on Townsend, Huddlestone, Caulker and Defoe to justify the imbalance it caused in the squad - nationality and numbers wise.

7. Personally, I find him very likeable and personable. Of course, he says a little too much sometimes, but this over-analysis of every word is pathetic and unhelpful.

I found his 'dimensions' and 'verticalality' tactics quite troublesome to understand

I found his 'dimensions' and 'verticalality' tactics quite troublesome to understand

Some do, some don't.

I'd rather we had a tactical coach and players that can understand than a "run abaat a bit" set of players and coach.

I keep skim-reading the title of this thread as "Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a hamster is." And they say people only see what they believe.....

I keep skim-reading the title of this thread as "Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a hamster is." And they say people only see what they believe.....

Yes, I'm sure Richard Hammond would have been treated with more respect.

There are those who will tell you that Tim Sherwood isn't a real manager.

Not true he tells us time and time again what a top top manager and real football man he is so it must be true and it was in the daily star so very credible evidence indeed 8-[

I don't think it mattered how technical AVB was, it mattered that he wasn't able to convey his ideas to the players and they in turn unable to execute his plan

I don't think it mattered how technical AVB was, it mattered that he wasn't able to convey his ideas to the players and they in turn unable to execute his plan

I don't think that AVB's problem was that he could not communicate his ideas to the players. I think that the issue was that we sold our best player and the new players were slow to settle. I think that he also did not know what his best team was, hence the chopping and changing which probably exacerbated the issues with the players settling.

I don't think that AVB's problem was that he could not communicate his ideas to the players. I think that the issue was that we sold our best player and the new players were slow to settle. I think that he also did not know what his best team was, hence the chopping and changing which probably exacerbated the issues with the players settling.

Performances were poor with Bale in the team though. Results were good because of Bale, but there were very many uninspiring performances. Bale going exposed the old problems, it didn't create any new ones IMO.

I'm by no means his biggest fan and want him out but I think it was a bit naughty what they did tonight, funny but naughty!

As they were announcing squads...up pops Sherwood, the announcers pauses...lots of boooooing....he reads his name out and then cheers!

When squads are read out just before kick off now no mention of Tim Sherwood! I felt a bit for him, he didn't deserve that!

Back