• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I suspect Norwich, not only because of his ties but he would fit in there I think

Malky Mackay and Neil Lennon are better options for them though.

I don't think Timmeh is especially a fans' favourite at Norwich (according to the one I spoke to at the weekend) - he had two mediocre years there 25 years ago.

Haven't seen anything to say he will be a success. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a job at a lower level club and it all went poorly because I don't see him as tactically astute or man motivational enough to get more than average out of a squad and at some stage, sooner than later, that will leave him exposed as he doesn't have the experience to really dig in.

Might be wrong but my gut feeling is deadwood's managerial career will become driftwood from here on out.

I don't think Timmeh is especially a fans' favourite at Norwich (according to the one I spoke to at the weekend) - he had two mediocre years there 25 years ago.

Bit like at WHL then

I dont think its about fans fave. Lennon would cost Norwich I think. Malky wont cost but he still has a pending contractual issue with Cardiff I think and unless he backs down, he wont be able to take another job.

Like I say, there arent many Managers out there especially for Norwich who wont be able to attract many Managers from clubs

I'm not overplaying anything, I was a supporter of AVB but there was only one way we was going with him Im afraid and that was backwards - Sherwood stopped the rot its as simple as that. I never suggested anything close to 2 from 8 but it was what it was.
There was no rot, we'd had a couple of good hidings from the current top pair (we've had a couple since), and we weren't scoring enough goals. He put a motivated Ade into that team, pretty simple, a move that would've taken monumental stupidity not to do. Our defending has, if anything, regressed (horrendous, his word).

Haven't seen anything to say he will be a success. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a job at a lower level club and it all went poorly because I don't see him as tactically astute or man motivational enough to get more than average out of a squad and at some stage, sooner than later, that will leave him exposed as he doesn't have the experience to really dig in.

Might be wrong but my gut feeling is deadwood's managerial career will become driftwood from here on out.
Agree, I think our squad is very good by and large, I don't think steering a bunch of very good players to 6th (or 7th) is much to be lauded personally.

Agree. Lots of ex-pplayers fail to make it as managers and there's really not much to suggest Sherwood will be one who is any good

There was no rot, we'd had a couple of good hidings from the current top pair (we've had a couple since), and we weren't scoring enough goals. He put a motivated Ade into that team, pretty simple, a move that would've taken monumental stupidity not to do. Our defending has, if anything, regressed (horrendous, his word).

Agree, I think our squad is very good by and large, I don't think steering a bunch of very good players to 6th (or 7th) is much to be lauded personally.

We weren't scoring enough goals? That doesn't tell half the story, we wasn't creating any chances which took more than just putting Ade into the team to rectify. Noone is as you say lauding Sherwood's accomplishments, just acknowledging he's done a decent job. Noone is getting carried away and demanding he gets his ten year contract....

Full google translate:

The São Paulo thinks about Sandro , Tottenham , as reinforcement for the second half , but may bump into an unexpected obstacle: ' Bale factor ' . It has been so called reputed to fall hard on the London club 's chairman , Daniel Levy , remains on the market and had decisive weight transfer record £ 300 million of Welsh playmaker for Real Madrid .

READ MORE
Out of stock until Tottenham's Sandro uses Twitter to give indirect: ' I'm not hurt '
After indirect Sandro , Tottenham coach says : ' It is not good enough to play '
Test without penalties Goose shows only eight holders
Duck advises Ganso to stay ' quiet ' and obey Murky

The steering wheel unveiled at Beira Rio landed at White Hart Lane in 2010 , and second determined by ESPN.com.br , evaluates its gypsum be time for a change of scenery.

At first , the goal of the new tricolor President Carlos Miguel Aidar is to have the athlete to fill the space to be released in the cast exits with Denilson , Down with the coaching staff , and Wellington , in negotiations with Inter, while to break the Brazilian Cup . Felipe Melo Galatasaray , was also considered for the post , however, the salary of $ 750,000 scared .

São Paulo is not the first team to establish Sandro target .

People close to him were sought about a month ago by Colorados leaders with a marketing project to repatriate him and make him the protagonist of the new Beira Rio

There was still a need to strengthen the sector where output Chilean Charles Aránguiz . After apalavrado with bachelor President of Sport , Luciano Bivar , Rithely just not coming too.

At the time , the Gauchos representatives betting that the public confrontation between Sandro and Tottenham coach Tim Sherwood , could facilitate their release . Left out of a game, the Brazilian was asked by fans via Twitter if he was injured . To clarify who was right, the captain of the Spurs displeased , replied that strong and again through social networks , was mocked by the player .

" He ( Sherwood ) will leave at the end of the season . Then , new coach, new everything ," says the steering wheel ESPN.com.br.

With contract for three more years , revered by fans and boring Italian football , he believes that the club would not accept release him on loan . Even so , his manager , Luiz Paulo Chignall practically rule out a return to Brazil at that time .

" We're waiting for the window to see what will happen . Meanwhile , it is at Tottenham . Output it would have to be by transfer. Initially , the president wants to sell ," explains Chignall .

The search for a wheel is one of the priorities of São Paulo and considered one of the shortcomings of cast Muricy Ramalho . Currently , Maicon Souza and occupy the track field .

" I do not know anything yet, but I'm happy to have my name talked about the size of a club Sao Paulo . Anyway , it would be very difficult for a loan here . If out , would have to be sold and it is not close. other teams came , however, with little money . President ( Daniel Levy ) negotiates every market , secure conversations , Bale had the case, it is not easy, " concludes Sandro .

£300m for Bale?!? They must know something we don't. Where did the extra £200m go? Levy out!!

...or perhaps it could be said to be much of a muchness...? 8-[

Agree. Lots of ex-pplayers fail to make it as managers and there's really not much to suggest Sherwood will be one who is any good

Don't see him doing much more with his career than the likes of Paul Ince, Gareth Southgate or Stuart Pearce. They will always get jobs due to their playing career, despite not being very good at them.

That translation is dodgy, but am I right in understanding that

1) The players know/think Sherwood is off.
2) Sandro's agent says that "the president wants to sell". Is Levy looking to sell Sandro??
3) Levy has turned down offers for Sandro because they have been too small. Yet is Sandro talking about leaving Spurs??

That translation is dodgy, but am I right in understanding that

1) The players know/think Sherwood is off.
2) Sandro's agent says that "the president wants to sell". Is Levy looking to sell Sandro??
3) Levy has turned down offers for Sandro because they have been too small. Yet is Sandro talking about leaving Spurs??

My understanding is:

1) Yes - the players know Sherwood is off
2) There is interest in Brazil in Sandro, but none of the clubs there can afford him. They would like to loan, but Levy will only sell and for an enormous amount
3) Sandro is considering his options, but will likely stay and see how it goes with the new guy

4. Levy still holds the pursestrings and negotiates the deals. The players don't talk about baldini - what does he do? Sets up meetings for Levy?

Don't think steering a bunch of very good players to 6th (or 7th) is much to be lauded personally.

So, once we appoint a more experienced, successful, manager...on a big long term contract...who has his own squad and pre-season...where will you expect us to finish? And before you say Top 4, you may wanna check the 'Are we reaching our potential' thread. And, whatever your expectation. if we don't achieve it, will you want the that manager out?

Last edited:

Sherwood will not be removed from his job for atleast 4 weeks after the season has ended.

Sherwood will not be removed from his job for atleast 4 weeks after the season has ended.

Why do you say that? Because football contracts run till the end of June and he'd be cheaper to sack in the last year of his than the penultimate one?

For me it suits everyone for him to go asap after the Ledley game
- He wants to be available to apply for other jobs that may come up
- We need to be able to legitimately interview our candidates before they get snapped up elsewhere
- The players need the morale boost of it, particularly those like Verts and Sandro who are seriously considering their options (and those who are in danger of being tapped up whilst at the WC).

Back