• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

With this in mind why was Moyes not able to do it at Man Utd? Also why was AVB not able to do it at Chelsea?

Because both of those managers are conscientious and knew (thought) they would be there for more than half a season. So they had to do things the hard way and start to build a system that can perform long term.

Tim Sherwood is reportedly a contender for the Premier League Manager of the Month award following an unbeaten run of the April fixtures.

If he wins it, this place will go into meltdown!

I dunno if it will, the MoM is just given to the most points right?

it's not performances graded on strength of schedule and available personnel, if it was I expect that Poyet or Pulis would be the favourites

I used to get bored watching Shakespeare as a kid. Turns out it wasn't boring, I just didn't understand it
icon_shrug.gif

Knew this would come up. Yet had he come out and said, 'he's injured, but it doesn't matter he's not good enough to be going to the world cup anyway' he'd be getting hammered for having a go at our players in the press again.

It doesn't matter what he says anymore it is twisted in some shape or form into a criticism.

A line which sums up our season?
"To-morrow and to-morrow and to-morrow...creeps in this petty pace from day to day..."

.....Until the last syllable of recorded time. And all our yesterday's are fools.

Out, out brief candle. Life is like a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.

The question is not, to be or not to be, but who will be ....our manager next season, and crucially will he be better than Sherwood .....or heaven forfend....worse?

Years if needed.

And what in the meantime? Would you settle for mid-table mediocrity, turgid boring football, death by meaningless possession, no new stadium, no European football, no ability to attract good players? All for a " vision" which may, but equally likely, may not deliver success.

No thanks. Not for me. Not worth the risk.

And what in the meantime? Would you settle for mid-table mediocrity, turgid boring football, death by meaningless possession, no new stadium, no European football, no ability to attract good players? All for a " vision" which may, but equally likely, may not deliver success.

I'll take that.

I'd rather take a shot at being great again than hang around playing Division 2 'two drunks slugging it out in a car park' in the UEFA Cup spots.

I'll take that.

I'd rather take a shot at being great again than hang around playing Division 2 'two drunks slugging it out in a car park' in the UEFA Cup spots.

Are you into boxing Scara? I'm not about to offer you out, I was just wondering how you feel about boxers fighting with their guard down.

Are you into boxing Scara? I'm not about to offer you out, I was just wondering how you feel about boxers fighting with their guard down.

Not really - I watch a little but it's an analogy that's pretty much lost on me.

Not to mention all the losses in money, sponsorships, advertising, media outlets, corporate losses, etc. which - allegedly - is happening right now as we speak because of Sherwood. Of course, if indeed we were to sit in mid-table or lower for 'years' the manager wouldn't survive anyway to see out his supposed 'vision' and 'long-term' plan. Hey, maybe we should drop down in to the Championship for about 5 years in pursuit of the 'bigger picture'.

Last edited:

.....Until the last syllable of recorded time. And all our yesterday's are fools.

Out, out brief candle. Life is like a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.

The question is not, to be or not to be, but who will be ....our manager next season, and crucially will he be better than Sherwood .....or heaven forfend....worse?

Reading many posts of late I have been minded to recall "it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Since he took over Sherwood's spurs have amassed more points than all but Emirates Marketing Project chelsea and Liverpool

Because both of those managers - Moyes and AVB - are conscientious and knew (thought) they would be there for more than half a season. So they had to do things the hard way and start to build a system that can perform long term.

So what do you make of Mourinho this season? And I'm guessing that if LVG takes over at Utd he will be tasked with getting them back in the CL right away as a bare minimum.

Last edited:

So what do you make of Mourinho this season? And I'm guessing that if LVG takes over at Utd he will be tasked with getting them back in the CL right away as a bare minimum.

I think it is possible to lay groundwork and improve in the short term, but it's incredibly rare and difficult. If anyone can do it, LVG can.

Mourinho's able to do pretty much whatever he wants as he has endless resources - I don't think financially doped clubs can make a valid comparison in most cases.

Reading many posts of late I have been minded to recall "it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

My oh my how utterly depressing is the wizened judgement of those upon many in such cruel and sarcastic fashion!

This was in "Shakespeare - The Unreleased Classics"...:lol:

Back