• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Billy, could you explain the risk to me?

> Maximum time wasted if it goes wrong: 1 season

> Amount of money we'd need to give him/he'd expect: Zero

> Difficulty/cost of sacking him: Zero

> Risk he doesn't get on with and/or can't work with DL/FB: Negligible, since they apparently get on now

> Risk of us getting relegated: Zero

> Risk of us not getting CL: Whatever it is, we've only ever done that once, so the risk is no greater than any other year

> Risk of losing out on a top tier manager: Zero - Poccetino is currently top man in the running, and since he's not elite level like LvG or CA, there's nobody from the top tier that a Sherwood appointment would be blocking. FdB free next summer? Cheerio Tim.

> Long term damage if he sucks: Negligible. 1 season of failure after 52 years in a row of failure makes no difference.

And the flipside: Look at each of those points above and answer them for Poccetinho:

> Maximum time wasted if it goes wrong: 3/4 season contract

> Amount of money we'd need to give him/he'd expect: A new manager would expect significant funds to rebuild squad in his own image

> Difficulty/cost of sacking him: The cost of his contract + the emotional trauma of going through another sacking + the risk of his signings being Felleini'd after he leaves + the bad will of tapping up SCBC again + risk of losing Sherwood who might be good and we'll never know + squad upheaval

> Risk he doesn't get on with and/or can't work with DL/FB: Who knows, but the risk is certainly there.

> Risk of us getting relegated: Zero

> Risk of us not getting CL: Who knows? It's rolling the dice. Again.

> Risk of losing out on a top tier manager: Significant - if FdB, Ancelotti or FSW becomes available, we can't appoint him because we've just got our new guy in on 4 year contract. FdB free next summer? Ashburton Grove is just up the road there Frank.

> Long term damage if he sucks: Who knows, but AVB did quite a bit of damage with the mess he left behind, as did several of our failed appointments.

So I do need this risk thing explained to me by someone.

you say 1 season as though it is a drop in the ocean...but it isn't, it's a significant amount of time at a key point in our development as a club.

11/12 we finished fourth, 12/13 we finished 5th and 13/14 we look like finishing 6th - the players we have signed under the pretense of being a side capable of breaking in to the Champions League places are not going to be too impressed if for a 3rd consecutive season we regress on the field, the players we are able to attract will shorten as we will no longer be able to point towards 4th/5th/4th/5th as a sign of our potential. IMV we really need to get this summer right and make sure we have a serious crack at the CL places - I think it is a major risk charging Sherwood with the task of doing that.

why is Sherwood a risk more than any other manager?

quite simply because there are question marks over every aspect of how he manages the football team, from tactics to how he talks about players in the press to how he seems incapable of putting a lid on his emotions - every single attribute required to be a manager we have only 6 months worth of 'data' to draw upon, which basically means we have NO idea how he truly stacks up.

in the future i would be absolutely delighted if we could promote from within how they do on the continent but first it is imperative that you have the correct system in place from top to bottom - we are working towards that as a club, i feel, but right now it is too soon and Sherwood himself is not ready.

He's a very odd man that's for sure. Even his sudden dropping of Benteleb...after playing him every minute....i mean it's just very weird.

could it purely be that Chadders is working his ass off in training and is showing more quality than Nabil?

so much we dont see that influences his thinking.

If he stays we are writing off next season before it has even started. It would be sheer lunacy to keep him as manager. Anyone who thinks that scraped points like the ones today are all that matters are in for a shock next season.

could it purely be that Chadders is working his ass off in training and is showing more quality than Nabil?

so much we dont see that influences his thinking.

maybe...i doubt that's the reason though (especially with Invisibilinho)

you dont know what his intentions are...none of us do.

the guy has never made a signing nor released anyone...other than Holtby and that was because he was crying about not playing so loaned him out...deciscion later...

He wanted rid of Capoue before even giving him a chance and has demoted players like Sandro and Chiriches from the squad entirely. The guy is a loose cannon and before you know it the spine of our team will be Michael Dawson, Zeki Fryers, Tom Carroll, Jake Livermore and Harry Kane. It would be massively risky, bye Tim.

He wanted rid of Capoue before even giving him a chance and has demoted players like Sandro and Chiriches from the squad entirely. The guy is a loose cannon and before you know it the spine of our team will be Michael Dawson, Zeki Fryers, Tom Carroll, Jake Livermore and Harry Kane. It would be massively risky, bye Tim.

this is a major concern for me re him getting the job long term. I could see him wanting to overhaul the squad, which i don't think is needed in the slightest - and he appears to have alienated several players. given a full season continuing down this path could be a disaster.

Games like today are the reason Sherwood will be managing another Premier League club next season.

Dreadful performance, overwhelmed tactically in the second half and lucky to get anything from the game. But another 3 points, and from a ground where Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd have all lost this season, where City and Everton drew, and where Liverpool needed a dodgy penalty to win.

If you'd spoke to anyone at the end of AVB's reign, told them that we wouldn't strengthen in January, would have a huge number of injuries to deal with including Walker which meant Naughton would have to start every game, Vertonghen will stop caring, Kaboul will come back from injury with no pace at all, our big money summer signings will completely fail to adapt to the Premier League, we'll get screwed over by some awful refereeing decisions, and the fans and media will completely turn on the manager. Imagine if you asked that person how many points they'd pick up over the next 20 games. I seriously doubt anyone would say 39. That's 74 points averaged over a season, which we've never amassed before. And if you asked them how many goals we'd score over the next 20 games? Doubt many would say 37 with the same squad after we only scored 15 in our first 16 games. 37 from 20 games is 70 goals averaged over a season, which we've never managed in the Premier League.

The stats are good. So someone will give him a job. The performances and his conduct have been poor though. And I don't think our players think much of him. Which is why it won't be us.

As succinct and superbly stated as I have seen.

Those who want to give TS next season as well, ask yourselves the following:

- who do you think he will target this summer for our key/vacant positions: LB, CB, CF, LW? I'm basing this on him playing 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and/or Ade perhaps not being around.

- players with potential from overseas, especially those we may see in the summer at the World Cup, who we may be interested in targeting for our current positions to challenge for CL; do you think any of them would be attracted to play for TS?

- Can we afford to get rid of most of last summer's Bale-sponsored buys? We know he only rates Eriksen. We may have already lost Lloris and Vertonghen..

- Who do you think TS will replace the above with?

- What do you see in our current play, set-up etc that makes you think our play/results will get better than their current level? What makes you think this is NOT 'as good as it gets' and that next season he will be found out and be in a worse position than we currently are, i.e. knocking around consistently around 10th?

- Can we afford more squad divisions, which he seems to be fostering (e.g. love for Soldado vs Kane)?

No such thing anymore mate. Chelscum lost against Sunderland last week. Didnt they also lose against Stoke away? Man ****ty drew against Sunderland 2-2 yet we beat them the week before 5-1. Yet of course TS gets discredited because well.. he cant speak properly.

I think this season was all about accumulating points and getting as high as we can. Next stage to get rid of the ****e we have and yep we have some ****e, and get in key players in key positions have a full pre season (hindered by the world cup for sure) and 'start again'

This is so far from the truth for many people that it beggars belief. I fully believe that you don't read everything said about him. I will freely admit I am in freefall monosyllabic mode with regards to 'his' tenure, however it's what lead me to this frankly dirty, filthy and seedy position which should trouble you and others who think he's 'alright' the most.

This club has standards. Off the pitch as much as on it. And frankly, he has shown me that he isn't fit to serve the likes of Sir Bill, Burky or even Martin Jol (a manager who I still believe had reached the end with us) a cup of tea. The critical component is showing class. Tim Sherwood has the class of a dime bag hooker with tourettes, and that's regardless of his accent.

...this frankly dirty, filthy and seedy position...
Sounds OK dunno what your problem is Steff...

I don't get why it's not OK just to dislike the guy, to just think he's a **** who I want away from my club? He can stick his win percentage up his goon supporting ****. Best manager ever or whatever, **** off you ****. There were plenty who felt the same about the PowerPoint king I'm sure, no doubt it was OK then though, don't remember much "better the devil you know" then. I'll take the next devil now, cos he might be less of a bellend.

Re: Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

If we win the next two games will the AVB defenders all come back out to defend Sherwood for getting a record 72 points?

Very well put, sir.

Personally, I would only replace TS if a genuine stellar coach is available. For me, that is only a very short list - LVG, ( unlikely now due to the Utd situation) FDB ( my particular choice) , CA, and only coaches of that ilk if they really have a genuine desireare to come to us for a project and not just to pick up a wage packet.

Certainly NOT any old person just because he ain't Tim.

PL Points Won since Sherwood was appointed:

Liverpool 44
Chelsea 42
Emirates Marketing Project 39
Tottenham Hotspur 39
Everton 38
Arsenal 35
Manchester United 32

If we win the next two games will the AVB defenders all come back out to defend Sherwood for getting a record 72 points?

Id congratulate him and the team on doing a good job of getting record points. But lets not go on like AVB wasnt our manager for just under half the season too..

do you think everyone that defended AVB is not a fan of Sherwood then, or vice versa?

as it certainly doesn't seem that way to me

Back