• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

So what do people think? Is it a positive or negative that it 'may' have been announced now, instead of the end of the season?

Breaking News on SSN. He's gone in the summer 'according to sources'.

I'm guessing this is true but it does us absolutley no favours to have this out in public. There is absolutely no point in Tim being in charge for the remaining games now. Better to replace him with Freund or Hoddle or someone for the last few games.

I'm disappointed with this news as while there is even a mathematical chance that we can sneak into 4th I want to the team to give everything. You just never know in football. But this news pretty much is the white flag. ****.

So what do people think? Is it a positive or negative that it 'may' have been announced now, instead of the end of the season?

Not sure it really matters. My guess is Levy is attempting to get the majority of the fans back onside. He's probably realised that the ones that want him out really want him out, and the ones that were prepared to let him have a go, aren't that bothered because they know the likely hood is LVG will be here now. Hopefully there will be a sense of optimism about the place again.

As above it makes no sense. Looks like Spurs just didnt want to have another "breaking new manager sacked" and we are letting everyone know now what is going to happen. It is still a sacking though, as he had an 18 month contract and will only be doing 10 months or whatever it is.

Now the players know they are not fighting for their places as a new man will be in charge next season they wont care. Tim won't care if he wins or not, it's a silly decision and would have preferred the sacking at the end of the season.

It's good to get this circulating now in case we actually start winning again.

I'm guessing this is true but it does us absolutley no favours to have this out in public. There is absolutely no point in Tim being in charge for the remaining games now. Better to replace him with Freund or Hoddle or someone for the last few games.

I'm disappointed with this news as while there is even a mathematical chance that we can sneak into 4th I want to the team to give everything. You just never know in football. But this news pretty much is the white flag. ****.

The fact that we've announced it now confirms that all is not well behind the scenes though. My guess is that the players have already given up the ghost anyway when it comes to playing for TS.

It's a shame, but its the way it is.

Not sure it really matters. My guess is Levy is attempting to get the majority of the fans back onside. He's probably realised that the ones that want him out really want him out, and the ones that were prepared to let him have a go, aren't that bothered because they know the likely hood is LVG will be here now. Hopefully there will be a sense of optimism about the place again.

I agree, it's probably a PR play for the fans (cynical view = season ticket renewal soon, not knowing if TS will/won't be in charge might affect it?)

Don't see why not just sack him now, unless the club is trying to provoke him into walking away.

As above it makes no sense. Looks like Spurs just didnt want to have another "breaking new manager sacked" and we are letting everyone know now what is going to happen. It is still a sacking though, as he had an 18 month contract and will only be doing 10 months or whatever it is.

Now the players know they are not fighting for their places as a new man will be in charge next season they wont care. Tim won't care if he wins or not, it's a silly decision and would have preferred the sacking at the end of the season.

It may not be though. It says relieved of his managerial duties. If he remains at the club (which you could infer from the wording) it's not a sacking. Who knows with us!

Did not want him in the first place. But was prepared to see how it went. Seeing him chop and change players and formation and say he knows nothing about the first team squad said it all to me. Dont like his demeanour. Dont like him as a person. I Dont care if they sack him now or make him wait the 6 games. The season is done and we may even play better with him out, it cant get much worse.

On a side note. I wonder if Chris Hughton woudl come back as an assistant to LVG? have always liked chris.

Its def going to be Van Gaal...at last a proven manager and a move that will prove once and for all where the weak links are at the club. If he is a success then Levy is proven right, if not then Levy is gonna fall on his sword (and I say that as a big fan of his).

I was all for giving him a chance, he seems a bit to confrontational in my view and like all managers he has made some odd choices, I do not think he is good enough for us but should go out and prove he is by taking a job in the championship first, should have taken the Blackburn job.

The is no hate from me for Sherwood, but yet again I feel that Levy has acted like an absolute macaron.

he may as well go now. Put Freund in charge for the final 5 games.

Don't accept the technical mismatch. Rodgers wanted to sign some of the players we bought. We lost because of poor tactics and motivation.

The fact that we've announced it now confirms that all is not well behind the scenes though. My guess is that the players have already given up the ghost anyway when it comes to playing for TS.

It's a shame, but its the way it is.

You are probably right about all that but it's the timing I question really. I always look for the benefit to Spurs from anything that happens to the club and can't see any upside to having this news out. Mind you it's probably an unofficial leak anyway so maybe this is probably unintended by the club.

The season is not over yet and even though our chance of 4th or even EL are slim to none there is a still a chance. This news is a message to the players and fans that we're already on holidays and IMO that is not good enough. It is the wrong message and indicative of a losers mentality which pervades this club.

Don't accept the technical mismatch. Rodgers wanted to sign some of the players we bought. We lost because of poor tactics and motivation.

it was a coaching technical mismatch.....Rodgers knows what he is doing and Sherwood hasnt got a clue

You are probably right about all that but it's the timing I question really. I always look for the benefit to Spurs from anything that happens to the club and can't see any upside to having this news out. Mind you it's probably an unofficial leak anyway so maybe this is probably unintended by the club.

The season is not over yet and even though our chance of 4th or even EL are slim to none there is a still a chance. This news is a message to the players and fans that we're already on holidays and IMO that is not good enough. It is the wrong message and indicative of a losers mentality which pervades this club.
I doubt it. This seems an intended leak and my bet is that LVG will be announced as our new boss before the season ends. Im sure Levy wants to act now quickly so that another club doesnt come in and sign up LVG

Raziel's point about the season ticker sales is a good one though.

lots of potential upside

Fans may feel better, actually get behind team
Players may through some combination of not worrying about TS, starting to consider they are playing for their place with next manager, actually turn up and play to their potential
May be a message to the players we want to stay, that we will have someone they respect shortly.

The only odd part of this move is why not make it effective now?

Ahhhhhh another nice little story in what is one of the most farcical seasons I can remember at this club.

Not saying it is wrong for Sherwood to be relieved of managerial duties, but we sacked an actual manager because we presumably thought this guy would do a better job of getting all of our signings playing some nice Spurs type football and winning points in the process. The fact that he didn't even get to the end of the season before being able to review his progress shows that yet another Levy experiment has been a failure IMO. What was the point of him sitting up in the stands for the last few games also? Pretty much any learning he was doing has been rendered meaningless :ross:

If it's LvG, it really has to be last chance saloon for Levy. Or at the very least he remains at the club to see through the stadium project but leaves the football decisions to someone else. I don't think his philosophy on business has ever really married well with the philosophy we need on the pitch as a club.

Back