• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

surely we cant be blaming a poor squad on timbo.

wtf was he meant to do??? a fly sale in January while every other club laughed at us and over inflated their prices?

yes he should have brought in a LB but I doubt Levy would have let him sell those who were not up to it in January...the time to get your business done is in the summer...January is for tweeking...adressing a crucial need.

And Timmeh said he didn't need anyone. He is not shy about opening his GHod to a microphone and demanding things, so if he really felt he needed a LB and some gutsy heart-on-rolled-up-sleeves midfield battler he would have said it publicly.

surely we cant be blaming a poor squad on timbo.

wtf was he meant to do??? a fly sale in January while every other club laughed at us and over inflated their prices?

yes he should have brought in a LB but I doubt Levy would have let him sell those who were not up to it in January...the time to get your business done is in the summer...January is for tweeking...adressing a crucial need.

Hey Nigey! Cards on table: since when did you say our squad is poor? I want you to quote your own previous quotes now!

You sounding like Shiver-me-timbers now...

It does .. why is it so hard to understand?

Fact (or at least accepted)- Kaboul/Dawson/Vert all look like ****

TS apologist version - all our CBs are ****
My view - they were left completely exposed by poor FBs (that TS picked), the opposition manager targeted (Rose especially), and the fact that the team was obviously instructed to play a high line with some combination of not pressing the midfield (more time for better pass that can put CB under pressure) and not having the personnel to play that tactic (Siggy/Eriksen/Lennon/Townsend are not pressers)

Fact (or supported by stats) - our passing game is ****

TS Apologist version - 11 full international players, some with CL experience and wanted by other clubs can't ****ing pass a ball
My view - similar to Southampton, somehow everytime Pool had the ball, there was a pass on, everytime we had the ball, no opening, simple answer, we are not set up right, and we are not tactically aware of what we are supposed to be doing (and you can't tell me Southampton has a better team)

What else was wrong for TS, couldn't ****ing see from up there in the stand? how come in extra time, 4-0 up the opposition manager is telling his players what to do and TS is sitting in the stand?

are you seriously going to wedge this clusterpoo of a season at sherwoods door?

btw I agree that he royally f***ed up today!

Again, blaming AVB for 'breaking a player'. Laughable, but not unexpected from you of course.

So you think Verts performed well this season? Particularly after his left back roles?

Stone the crows:eek:...you've changed your tune

No I haven't. I have consistently said that TS can only be judged after a fair amount of time. You and others gave him no chance from day one.

Did you notice we had a transfer window in January? Tim said "we had enough quality players we didn't need any more". So what changed since then eh? He didn't think we needed players...so you have to assume he thought he could employ his own tactics with those available (what most good managers have to do at least in part). What are his own tactics btw?
Bolded bit: Again, always "AVB's fault, you can't make Tim responsible for anything" :lol:

I said at the time of the January transfer window, that we urgently needed a left back and another forward. I criticized TS then.

Who the hell is laying ALL the blame?

You are clearly laying all the blame on TS. It suits your agenda in your defense of AVB. TS has not had the two pre-seasons that AVB had nor the humongous injury list he inherited. AVB had a full and fit squad at the beginning of the season of players he (largely) wanted and spent over £100m on.

Those who are laying any blame, are putting the most important issue at TS's door: his management of our team, which has been poor.

And, as I continue to say, if a world class coach is available, then we should indeed upgrade. However, what we don't want is some unproven coach that never remained anywhere for more than one season, failed in his only previous job in England and is only appointed because he has a foreign sounding name and good PowerPoint skills at interview. We have been down that road before and look how that turned out - 15 goals in 16 games. Woopydo.

See above.

Hey Nigey! Cards on table: since when did you say our squad is poor? I want you to quote your own previous quotes now!

You sounding like Shiver-me-timbers now...

cant be arsed:lol: I have wound some up with my views on Dawson and have tried to tone it down of late...but yeah fair do's I probably wouldnt be able to bring up historic quotes on the ineptitudes of Kabs,Rose & verts.

he should make you walk the plank:)

seriously you think our squad/signings are up to it? you think that blame lies at tims door?

players moaning about language barriers ect.....its very clear that when it comes down to our magnificent seven....we didnt do our homework.

are you seriously going to wedge this clusterpoo of a season at sherwoods door?

btw I agree that he royally f***ed up today!

AVB got sacked during a bad patch which included getting spanked in two games our of four, 6-0 and 5-0.

TS has taken us BACKWARDS from where AVB left us. Ill ask again, barring Ade and Bentaleb: who have played better overall under TS??

And Timmeh said he didn't need anyone. He is not shy about opening his GHod to a microphone and demanding things, so if he really felt he needed a LB and some gutsy heart-on-rolled-up-sleeves midfield battler he would have said it publicly.

do you think we could do a squad overhaul in January?

He should have bought a lb..agreed...we are bloated with midfielders.

Timmy said publicy we didnt need no one...that showed confidence in our squad...privatley he may have said different to Levy who probably told him to jog on.

A question: apart from Ade and Benbtaleb, who have actually played better overall under Sherwood? I'm really struggling with this tbh and I think the team as a whole have gotten worse under TS.

Is there ANYBODY that thinks he should continue in the job after the end of the season? If so please detail your reasons

Eriksen, Solly, and Chadli , in addition to Ade and Bentelab have all played better under TS. That is five players who have improved under him. The others, all about the same under both managers this season.

The one thing you can pin on Sherwood is our naivity. Wheter playing a high line against the wrong opposition or just simple things like trying to slow the game down. The squad is seriously unbalanced and this 100m spent tag, 1/3 of that has been injured most of the season.

AVB got sacked during a bad patch which included getting spanked in two games our of four, 6-0 and 5-0.

TS has taken us BACKWARDS from where AVB left us. Ill ask again, barring Ade and Bentaleb: who have played better overall under TS??

taking us backwards?....there is no difference between the two vs top teams.

Eriksen has been better I spose...but whats it matter...AVB didnt want to carry on...

neither of them have shown us to be a decent team vs top teams....whats your point?

I actually think our centre-backs are all sh1t.

Vertonghen just doesn't want to know this season -- he has ability, but that doesn't matter if he is only going through the motions.

Kaboul just looks to be in a state of permanent ring-rust. The player from 2 or 3 seasons ago is gone forever imo.

Dawson looks to be going downhill fast, and that was before Sherwood. Making more and more errors, he's been cr*p all season.

Then we get to the full-backs...I really wanted it to work for Rose, but he's been p1ss poor. Naughton has 1 decent game in 4. Walker has had a good season imo, thogh he always has a big error in him.

We don't have any steady, consistently good defenders. Not a single one.

See above.

Seeing as you keep using AVB as your defence stick of TS (due to not having much else to use to defend him) then all i'll say is whatever you may say about AVB, TS is not fit to lick his PowerPoint memory stick.

If AVB is ****e, then TS has been proven to be ****e-er

BTW, what are Tim's tactics according to what you've seen of his tenure? Notice you keep dodging this question with "he needs more time" or "he needs his own players"...your deflection of that question is deafening....after the number of games if a manager has a style/tactic/strategy it should be sometime that can be seen by now, even just a little...

Why do very good defenders look so poor then? are they doing it to spite us?

Dawson and Kaboul aren't good any more, never mind "very good". Vertonghen, the first goal today was as much his fault as Kaboul's and I think the consensus here is that he's been atrocious all season. As for Rose and Naughton, to describe them as "very good" is seriously pushing it. I doubt that's ever been an applicable description of them in their time at Spurs.

So did we have a DM shield at all?

No, except that Siggy and Bentaleb would have had standard defensive duties commensurate with their positions, as would Soldado or Lennon. But dedicated DM's? No, because that wasn't the plan. The plan was to use offence as a form of defence. Didn't work, but that was the plan. People are saying Sandro should have played instead of Bentaleb, but people saying that need to acknowledge that would have been an entirely different system, not a mere personnel change in the same system.

Would you say we looked like a well drilled side today with an understanding of what we were all supposed to be doing?

Who knows? We never got to see any tactics today. The game was over inside half an hour and our heads blown to the winds.

If you want to slaughter Sherwood for sending out the players so mentally shot, I might join you in that. But if you want to talk about tactics killing us today, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that's correct.

Dawson and Kaboul aren't good any more, never mind "very good". Vertonghen, the first goal today was as much his fault as Kaboul's and I think the consensus here is that he's been atrocious all season. As for Rose and Naughton, to describe them as "very good" is seriously pushing it. I doubt that's ever been an applicable description of them in their time at Spurs.

No, except that Siggy and Bentaleb would have had standard defensive duties commensurate with their positions, as would Soldado or Lennon. But dedicated DM's? No, because that wasn't the plan. The plan was to use offence as a form of defence. Didn't work, but that was the plan. People are saying Sandro should have played instead of Bentaleb, but people saying that need to acknowledge that would have been an entirely different system, not a mere personnel change in the same system.

Who knows? We never got to see any tactics today. The game was over inside half an hour and our heads blown to the winds.

If you want to slaughter Sherwood for sending out the players so mentally shot, I might join you in that. But if you want to talk about tactics killing us today, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that's correct.

Honest question. You don't think the tactics had anything to do with the opening goal? And once we had scored an own goal inside two minutes were there any tactics (or change to tactics) to reset the game?

taking us backwards?....there is no difference between the two vs top teams.

Eriksen has been better I spose...but whats it matter...AVB didnt want to carry on...

neither of them have shown us to be a decent team vs top teams....whats your point?

We have no clear strategy or way of playing. It's all just random. It's not just about how we play vs the top teams; we start games ****e vs ALL teams.
When I say backwards I say the players are playing WORSE now as individuals and as a team under Sherwood.

At least AVB had experience of management, so therein lies the difference I suppose. Plus he had shown he could have turned it round given time. Ah well, he didn't want to carry on as you say. But Sherwood has caused more damage imo than letting AVB carry on imo

The players were poor under AVB and are poor under TS. One is not a maestro and one a clown Can't even you see the simple common denominator? Our players just aren't good enough. One point from 24 against the four top teams should lead even you to this conclusion.

Does TS deserve more time? I don't know - as I don't know whether he has what it takes or not. One can only realistically judge a head coach once he has had a fair chance. A reasonable time to bring in his own players and employ his own tactics using those players - not just try and work with the dying embers of someone else's failed experiment.

While I am as disappointed as anyone with today's result and performance, to lay all the blame on TS is far too simplistic IMO.

I agree with much of what you say here. I personally have seen enough to decide I don't think he's the right man for the job in terms of tactics employed, line-ups etc since Xmas. However I place very little of the blame for today's result on his shoulders. I think the performance of the players out there today was woefully below acceptable levels. No work rate or desire, standing off and admiring Liverpool. He's actually bang on about guts and character, this squad lacks it. Where is the professional pride? I did not see one foul committed in that 1st half when we were under the cost. Liverpool walked through us and simply wanted it more. I was shocked, if anything today was the time for a rant about the players. Having seen another embarrassing capitulation I would say no one is safe in that squad and I wouldn't shed a tear if any of them were sold tomorrow.

Seeing as you keep using AVB as your defence stick of TS (due to not having much else to use to defend him) then all i'll say is whatever you may say about AVB, TS is not fit to lick his PowerPoint memory stick.

If AVB is ****e, then TS has been proven to be ****e-er

BTW, what are Tim's tactics according to what you've seen of his tenure? Notice you keep dodging this question with "he needs more time" or "he needs his own players"...your deflection of that question is deafening....after the number of games if a manager has a style/tactic/strategy it should be sometime that can be seen by now, even just a little...

Avbs tactics never altered but they were innefective at making us an attractive attacking team.

Timbo keeps chopping and changing and in recent weeks the players minds looks scrambled.

I think Tim is trying different things with the hope of striking gold...Injuries affecting us but of course AVB had the same issues.

I cant believe you still want to revere AVB... a dream that died for me...

Er, how do you know this? Were you at the teamtalk? Did you think that was a good plan or naïve?

Avbs tactics never altered but they were innefective at making us an attractive attacking team.

Timbo keeps chopping and changing and in recent weeks the players minds looks scrambled.

I think Tim is trying different things with the hope of striking gold...Injuries affecting us but of course AVB had the same issues.

I cant believe you still want to revere AVB... a dream that died for me...

No but even in AVB's worst moments he was better than the random "I'm still learning on the job" rubbish TS is serving up. When we lose a few of those games vs relegation fodder it'll become clearer imo how tactically inept TS really is

Anyway, time for some relief...

An oldie but still relevant goody...

vgpvtv.jpg

Back