• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Headline of the day this one

e2jmqcR.jpg

Does that finally make him a proper Yid then?

Fitting that. Seeing as the football community has no respect for YTS.

Didn't seem like everyone was pulling in the same direction though did it? And what's the result? It's set us back a year if not more.

I'm sure I've had a discussion with you on these lines before and you then used the 'nothing has been confirmed' angle. Well yes of course, but it's pretty clear what has gone on. If Sherwood was merely 'giving opinions' I'm sure there wouldn't have been that much of a problem. The problem was that Levy bought into them too easily. And why was Sherwood even given the gig ahead of Freund if none of the preferred candidates are available? Sherwood knows how to play the game and he got himself into that position.

No but most accounts have put that down to AVB going weird, falling out with everyone and retreating into his shell.

I don't know why Sherwood was chosen above Freund but I would speculate that it could be that Freund is viewed as a better number two and too close to the players to command respect. Another reason could be that Sherwood had a coaching team in place that was familiar with each other to drop into the first team whereas Freund would be starting from scratch.

That article leaves an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach.

I'm not sure if I should be lauding Sherwood for his up-front attitude or lambasting him for highlighting and exasperating what seems like friction within the club??

That article leaves an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach.

I'm not sure if I should be lauding Sherwood for his up-front attitude or lambasting him for highlighting and exasperating what seems like friction within the club??
i think it clearly illustrates the mans arrogance and what kind of a presence he must have at the club.......as ive said before, im getting the impression that he has been walking around the place like he owns it. IF we get a new manager, Sherwood HAS to leave the club. His presence will be unbearable for the new guy

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else. thankfully it's not his decision whether he stays

I am finding Sherwood's style of management to be abrasive and confrontational, the way some criticised him on here as soon as he was given the job I found disturbing.

But Sherwood although I do not think the is to much wrong with the guys tactics his personality is not conducive to a top club, also it is like he wants the sack because having been around the club for the last 10 years you would think he would know Levy will never give up control of the transfers.

Against Norwich.

Chadli came on as an early sub for Capoue, and both Chadli and Lennon were playing RW for quite a while before someone twigged and moved Chadli onto the left. It was sunday league amateurish.

Wow

The silence from those who would defend TS's "right to talk sh1te" is deafening on this one - will no-one defend him on thisat all???

Wow

The silence from those who would defend TS's "right to talk sh1te" is deafening on this one - will no-one defend him on thisat all???

It doesn't say a whole lot for the players either if they didn't have the wherewithal to rectify this themselves after a minute or two. I'm sure Chadli was sent on with the instruction to go to the right wing and the coaches assumed he'd inform Lennon of this plan, which he didn't. Amateur hour all round if you ask me.

i think it clearly illustrates the mans arrogance and what kind of a presence he must have at the club.......as ive said before, im getting the impression that he has been walking around the place like he owns it. IF we get a new manager, Sherwood HAS to leave the club. His presence will be unbearable for the new guy

I think any manager would have to say the same in the same situation.

If Sherwood was a disruptive influence in the club, and I have not seen anything that suggests he is, surely questions should be asked of the board for accepting that behaviour and effectively condoning it by promoting him.

Wow

Personally, I always take GB's claims about Sherwood with a pinch of salt, so wouldn't bother responding.

Against Norwich.

Chadli came on as an early sub for Capoue, and both Chadli and Lennon were playing RW for quite a while before someone twigged and moved Chadli onto the left. It was sunday league amateurish.

Absolute bollox.

The heat map for Chadli shows he didn't spend any time on the right, other than some small splodges in the right channel when presumably he and Lennon swapped wings - at no point is Chadli clearly on the right whitewash (go down to Heat Maps tab and select Chadli):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/matchzone/index.html#s2013-c8-m695167

And match action areas show that Chadli spent a total of 7% of his time on the pitch - which was 75 minutes - on the right, giving a maximum of 5 minutes, which squares with Lennon spending time on the left:

http://epl.squawka.com/norwich-city...-2014/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

This. Why this guy has any role at Spurs I don't know. The definition of talks a good game. If we really carry on next season with this unqualified clown in charge I'll truly despair of the club, it's just incredible. We gave up on doing anything this year when we hired him, hopefully Levy is ready to chop him off at the knees as soon as the guy he wants becomes available.

Absolute bollox.

The heat map for Chadli shows he didn't spend any time on the right, other than some small splodges in the right channel when presumably he and Lennon swapped wings - at no point is Chadli clearly on the right whitewash (go down to Heat Maps tab and select Chadli):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/matchzone/index.html#s2013-c8-m695167

And match action areas show that Chadli spent a total of 7% of his time on the pitch - which was 75 minutes - on the right, giving a maximum of 5 minutes, which squares with Lennon spending time on the left:

http://epl.squawka.com/norwich-city...-2014/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

Thank you Chancer. Given this hard evidence we now await GB's response. I'm not holding my breath.

Back