• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

There is no way Moyes will be sacked in the summer, at the absolute worst he will be given a good few months of next season. Van Gaal will be employed by someone before the start of next season that is for sure....
i think this too. Plus Utd will want to think more long term than Van Gaal. If they sack Moyes, i see them going all out for Klopp.

Sherwood is John Sitton Mk II

[video=youtube;_ioE0v_XyNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ioE0v_XyNQ[/video]

Notice the similarities between John and Tim.

- No one wanted the job (ok in our case because it was mid season and they wanted to continue their current jobs)
- Angriest person in the history of mankind.
- The players are a "disgrace yet say nothing about his own tatics.
- It's all about guts and character.
- Looks like he's about to cry.
- Sacks players half-time. OK Time hasn't done that yet but looking at that gif against I'm surprised he hasn't.

iZ0ieildDHly7.gif
The guy is a total embarrassment

But this isn't a spontaneous reaction to some random crap happening on the pitch. It is very clearly a response to a botched tactical scenario that Sherwood had worked on with the players in training.

This reaction comes 15 minutes in, and was in response to Ox's fluffed one-on-one (timeline here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/16/tottenham-arsenal-live-mbm). That would have been the second (or maybe third) time a ball through the channel had beaten us, including Rosiky's goal.

Sherwood's reaction above very clearly says to me that this channel-ball was something they had specifically worked on at the chalkboard and in training, probably as part of their drilling of the high line. Sherwood is reacting to the fact that between them, Vertonghen, Kaboul and Rose have somehow messed it up two or three times in the first 15 minutes.

After all, are we really to believe that even limited UEFA licensed coaches don't realise that if you have a high line against a skilful team like Arsenal that you're vulnerable to balls in behind? I mean, come on. If a bunch of random dudes on an internet forum can tell you that, it's absurd to think Sherwood and Ramsay didn't spend significant time on it during the week.

If I'd spent all week explaining to the players how Arsenal would get through us and then the defence botches it several times in 10 minutes - because Verts is too cool for school, because Rose is too hot-headed and because Kaboul can't shift his busto body quick enough - then I'd say this reaction makes a lot of sense. To characterise it as "loopy Sherwood losing the head at random crap happening on the pitch" isn't a fair depiction of reality.

i never saw a top or even just a decent manager show such aggressive frustration at his own players.....Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez etc all have had times when their teams were being beaten and the players werent performing, but always they kept their cool publicly and whenever they got angry the anger was directed at referees, assistants, or opposing players. It was always about deflecting blame away from themselves and their own players. Whatever happened behind closed doors in the dressing rooms remained private.

Look at his face in that pic from the guardian, he looks that person you see every Friday night outside The Red Lion. So much anger and aggression!

Chancer, you are right in that it was in reaction to Ox's run but that is not the way to react. He looks as if he is losing his mind. Just look at Wenger, he wasn't too happy last season when not only once but twice we were allowed to creep in behind their high line and score yet I didn't see him lose it like Sherwood did.

But this isn't a spontaneous reaction to some random crap happening on the pitch. It is very clearly a response to a botched tactical scenario that Sherwood had worked on with the players in training.

This reaction comes 15 minutes in, and was in response to Ox's fluffed one-on-one (timeline here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/16/tottenham-arsenal-live-mbm). That would have been the second (or maybe third) time a ball through the channel had beaten us, including Rosiky's goal.

Sherwood's reaction above very clearly says to me that this channel-ball was something they had specifically worked on at the chalkboard and in training, probably as part of their drilling of the high line. Sherwood is reacting to the fact that between them, Vertonghen, Kaboul and Rose have somehow messed it up two or three times in the first 15 minutes.

After all, are we really to believe that even limited UEFA licensed coaches don't realise that if you have a high line against a skilful team like Arsenal that you're vulnerable to balls in behind? I mean, come on. If a bunch of random dudes on an internet forum can tell you that, it's absurd to think Sherwood and Ramsay didn't spend significant time on it during the week.

If I'd spent all week explaining to the players how Arsenal would get through us and then the defence botches it several times in 10 minutes - because Verts is too cool for school, because Rose is too hot-headed and because Kaboul can't shift his busto body quick enough - then I'd say this reaction makes a lot of sense. To characterise it as "loopy Sherwood losing the head at random crap happening on the pitch" isn't a fair depiction of reality.

Would said Chancer =D>

Cant win with some people on here, to me I'm glad Tim showed that passion, if some of the players played with his attitude we wouldnt have got battered by Chelsea, Liverpool and City.

I mentioned this in the match thread at the time. The reason the high line didn't work in the first 10-15 minutes is because we weren't pressing in midfield. This was giving Arsenal time to basically pick passes into the channels. This was what he was reacting to (and quite rightly so). Once we sorted that out and actually started to press up the pitch things got much better.

I agree Chancer, although not sure the Ox chance was the defences fault, with Rose committed high up the pitch the CM's have to be 100% sure not to give the ball away

i never saw a top or even just a decent manager show such aggressive frustration at his own players.....Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez etc all have had times when their teams were being beaten and the players werent performing, but always they kept their cool publicly and whenever they got angry the anger was directed at referees, assistants, or opposing players. It was always about deflecting blame away from themselves and their own players. Whatever happened behind closed doors in the dressing rooms remained private.

Except it didnt remain private. We know what Ferguson did to Beckham etc. We know that Louis Van Gaal got his balls out in the Bayern dressing room to show what balls where to Luca Toni!

I agree Chancer, although not sure the Ox chance was the defences fault, with Rose committed high up the pitch the CM's have to be 100% sure not to give the ball away

Eriksen was dribbling into the penalty area and was dispossessed. Should he first look back and see if Vertonghen is standing over at the touchline miles away from Kaboul dreaming of La Liga?

Except it didnt remain private. We know what Ferguson did to Beckham etc. We know that Louis Van Gaal got his balls out in the Bayern dressing room to show what balls where to Luca Toni!

yeah but in just one week, Sherwood publicly sl@gged off the players after the Chels defeat, yesterday he had his gilet moment of aggression, and in between all that he clenched his fists up close and personal with Jesus. All in a week. Unless he calms himself down he is very close to doing a Pardew, except we dont know if he will physically attack one of his own players or the oppositions

Eriksen was dribbling into the penalty area and was dispossessed. Should he first look back and see if Vertonghen is standing over at the touchline miles away from Kaboul dreaming of La Liga?

i take your point, but then likewise should Rose never advance just in case we lose the ball?

Agreed.

Well said. I would be tearing my hair out too if something that had been specifically worked on in practiced failed three times in the first fifteen minutes as well.

What is he supposed to do - sit on his hands like a muppet ?

Glad to see someone on our side has some passion. Shame not all the players have had it in every game.

but wait, why play the high line in the first place against a team like Arsanal !!!!!......if the coaches have been preparing them to play a high line, then the damn coaches are at fault because as you say Arsanal are a skillfull team and have the players and ability to get in behind that high line. FFS it was an amateurish plan from the off. Drilling a high line against Arsanal :lol: how about simply sitting a bit deeper so that we are not exposed to their midfield runners in behind:-k

but wait, why play the high line in the first place against a team like Arsanal !!!!!......if the coaches have been preparing them to play a high line, then the damn coaches are at fault because as you say Arsanal are a skillfull team and have the players and ability to get in behind that high line. FFS it was an amateurish plan from the off. Drilling a high line against Arsanal :lol: how about simply sitting a bit deeper so that we are not exposed to their midfield runners in behind:-k

I guess it is because last time (in the Cup), we were incapable of preventing them from exploiting the space in front of the back four. Compressing the play gives their playmakers less room to manoeuvre.

Back