• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Seems this turned into a Levy/Club/AVB thread instead of a TS thread

my question, if TS loses 2 of next 3 games, do people

- Give him until end of season?
- Give him next season?
- Get rid of now?

Because 4th is over, Europa is over and we may struggle to keep 5th (that is failure)

Get rid during the summer at the latest.

He's a weird mixture of Stuart Pearce and Di Canio and his rants are doing more harm than good.

We need a clear, attacking style where the players know what to do to put the ball in the net. AVB couldn't do it without Bale, and I haven't seen anything that shows Tim knows how to do it. To be honest, I've been rather worried over the last few games that we seem to use Dawson or Kaboul as a primary playmaker, and the big diagonal is a little overused. To be fair, we've used someone in the defence as a playmaker for quite a while, but when it was BAE, he seemed to have a far greater range and variety of pass.

I also, never, never thought I'd say this, but the football under AVB had some qualities that I am sorely missing under Tim. Don't get me wrong the football has been mainly dire under both, I just think that both are the wrong choice for this club. The players are killing themselves on the pitch, and getting nothing for it now, and for me that means therefore the fault lies with the strategy and tacticians. I'm really disappointed in Chris Ramsey as I thought he would have a bit more to do about him. When we won against Saudi Sportswashing Machine I thought we were going to kick on with an attractive, progressive style, but it was just a fluke.

- Give him next season?
- Get rid of now?

Because 4th is over, Europa is over and we may struggle to keep 5th (that is failure)

I think we have to give him to the end of the season for the following reasons:

- he is acting like a prick and he will likely continue to do so: it needs to be seen exactly what he is before we can (justifiably) make that decision
- The Redknapp/Pro-TS press would have a field day if we sacked him before he gave enough evidence; he continues as he is, he effectively sacks himself and without all the press vitriol (which whilst not that important, we could do without it; in fact only LVG could be big enough to defelct that flack next season)
- we would look even more of a joke than when we sacked AVB

I'd say it actually sits a little further than that mate…AVB was a fine appt IMO, but he needed to be backed properly. He wanted Moutinho, he didn't get him He wanted Damiao, he didn't get him. He wanted Villa, he didn't get him…Willian…Contrao…all were there and all could've been had, but Daniel likes to play a little game here and try for a bit more of a bargain. It's such a shame. It's why even if LVG is in, you have to wonder if Daniel can support him in a way he needs to be supported?

I will say that some absolutely agree with you re: AVB, and some were upset at what they felt was a lack of due diligence during the interview process...

That's really unfair Steff.

- Levy put £30m of cold hard cash on the table for Willian only for the player to flake at the last minute.
- Villa and Contrao simply didn't want to come to Spurs and both made that abundantly clear in public. Nothing at all to be done about that.
- On Damiao, Spurs' interest in him pre-dated AVB's arrival if I recall correctly, and I think if AVB had wanted him we'd have gotten him. But I don't think AVB did want him - by most accounts AVB wanted Soldado, which was probably a better call at the time given Damiao's less than stellar form and the lack of interest from other European clubs in him (Spurs are the only club I've ever heard linked with him).
- On Moutinho, maybe we could have gotten him, but we were competing with one of the richest clubs in the world in Monaco. I wouldn't be surprised if Moutinho's salary, which is tax free in Monaco, is close on double what he'd have gotten at Spurs. Expecting us to trump that is not reasonable. I'd also question the player's attitude/ambition not going to a bigger league at this point in his career. At 27 he had the choice of one last big contract or one last big professional challenge, and he chose the former. Meh.
- AVB's other gripe, about Hulk, is ridiculous because it translates as: "Spurs should have been able to land one of the highest paid players in world football who is currently Brazil's first choice striker". I mean, we've lost all perspective if we think that's a reasonable stick to beat Levy with.

We need a clear, attacking style where the players know what to do to put the ball in the net. AVB couldn't do it without Bale, and I haven't seen anything that shows Tim knows how to do it. To be honest, I've been rather worried over the last few games that we seem to use Dawson or Kaboul as a primary playmaker, and the big diagonal is a little overused. To be fair, we've used someone in the defence as a playmaker for quite a while, but when it was BAE, he seemed to have a far greater range and variety of pass.

I also, never, never thought I'd say this, but the football under AVB had some qualities that I am sorely missing under Tim. Don't get me wrong the football has been mainly dire under both, I just think that both are the wrong choice for this club. The players are killing themselves on the pitch, and getting nothing for it now, and for me that means therefore the fault lies with the strategy and tacticians. I'm really disappointed in Chris Ramsey as I thought he would have a bit more to do about him. When we won against Saudi Sportswashing Machine I thought we were going to kick on with an attractive, progressive style, but it was just a fluke.

Funny thing is, if you took the good parts from both styles you'd pretty much have a way of playing that would satisfy the majority on here (except GB and Scara who would laud it if TS was still at the helm but rave about it if anyone else managed to implement it:lol:).

That's really unfair Steff.

- Levy put £30m of cold hard cash on the table for Willian only for the player to flake at the last minute.
- Villa and Contrao simply didn't want to come to Spurs and both made that abundantly clear in public. Nothing at all to be done about that.
- On Damiao, Spurs' interest in him pre-dated AVB's arrival if I recall correctly, and I think if AVB had wanted him we'd have gotten him. But I don't think AVB did want him - by most accounts AVB wanted Soldado, which was probably a better call at the time given Damiao's less than stellar form and the lack of interest from other European clubs in him (Spurs are the only club I've ever heard linked with him).
- On Moutinho, maybe we could have gotten him, but we were competing with one of the richest clubs in the world in Monaco. I wouldn't be surprised if Moutinho's salary, which is tax free in Monaco, is close on double what he'd have gotten at Spurs. Expecting us to trump that is not reasonable. I'd also question the player's attitude/ambition not going to a bigger league at this point in his career. At 27 he had the choice of one last big contract or one last big professional challenge, and he chose the former. Meh.
- AVB's other gripe, about Hulk, is ridiculous because it translates as: "Spurs should have been able to land one of the highest paid players in world football who is currently Brazil's first choice striker". I mean, we've lost all perspective if we think that's a reasonable stick to beat Levy with.

I think its reasonable to expect a replacement when you sell a player like Bale, thats what we'd have been paying him if he stayed, and he's a better player than Hulk.

- Give him next season?
- Get rid of now?

Lets just sack him. Would be fun to try three managers in a season. 8-[

Although I agree if we make fifth, thats not a failure at all, in terms of league position. All top four teams are better than us. Biggest problem is how crap we've been playing.

I'm not sure where the hype about Ramsey comes from, other than the Timmeh PR machine.

Yes he was one of AVB's assessors, but he's never worked higher than U16 level.

Would you be excited if Jim Fleeting (AVB's primary assessor) was sat on our bench?

- Give him next season?
- Get rid of now?

I don't think we have a choice, unfortunately he's here 'til the end of the season, which according to some is already here. I'd like to think the teams in 6th and 7th are sh!te enough not to catch us.

I'm not sure where the hype about Ramsey comes from, other than the Timmeh PR machine.

Yes he was one of AVB's assessors, but he's never worked higher than U16 level.

Would you be excited if Jim Fleeting (AVB's primary assessor) was sat on our bench?

Never worked higher than U-16 GB really? Yet coached the England U-20 team in the 1999 FIFA World Youth Cup.

Ramsey holds a UEFA coaching licence and a FA Coach Education Diploma. He also holds a diploma in Treatment of Sports Injuries and has a degree in Education, and a Masters degree in Science so we're not exactly talking about someone who knows nothing about the game. He's also worked for the FA as a Regional Director of Coaching and was a scout for the England national squad.

So I don't think it's the Timmeh PR machine at work at all.

iZ0ieildDHly7.gif
The guy is a total embarrassment

Never worked higher than U-16 GB really? Yet coached the England U-20 team in the 1999 FIFA World Youth Cup.

Ramsey holds a UEFA coaching licence and a FA Coach Education Diploma. He also holds a diploma in Treatment of Sports Injuries and has a degree in Education, and a Masters degree in Science so we're not exactly talking about someone who knows nothing about the game. He's also worked for the FA as a Regional Director of Coaching and was a scout for the England national squad.

So I don't think it's the Timmeh PR machine at work at all.
and yet we constantly have a massive injury list and on the pitch the players look unorganised, there is no pattern of play, set pieces are poor attacking and defensive wise

and yet we constantly have a massive injury list and on the pitch the players look unorganised, there is no pattern of play, set pieces are poor attacking and defensive wise

This. What have Ramsay and Ferdinand actually achieved with these players in a coaching capacity and why is our injury list so long? These are the key questions.

And don't get me started on corners........

I don't think we have a choice, unfortunately he's here 'til the end of the season, which according to some is already here. I'd like to think the teams in 6th and 7th are sh!te enough not to catch us.

I think there's a good chance Everton will overtake us now. What I anticipate happening is something along the following lines — we finish 6th, and Levy steps up his efforts to bring in van Gaal. The papers are full of Van Gaal Set to Take Reins at Spurs headlines all summer, until the аrsе falls out of it when Man U sack Moyes and he goes there instead. Our shortlist simultaneously acquires another name to replace van Gaal's. Meanwhile, the squad haemorrhages further quality as Vertonghen and Lloris pack their bags, and Adebayor's agent announces he's off as well because we can no longer afford his contract.

I think there's a good chance Everton will overtake us now. What I anticipate happening is something along the following lines — we finish 6th, and Levy steps up his efforts to bring in van Gaal. The papers are full of Van Gaal Set to Take Reins at Spurs headlines all summer, until the аrsе falls out of it when Man U sack Moyes and he goes there instead. Our shortlist simultaneously acquires another name to replace van Gaal's. Meanwhile, the squad haemorrhages further quality as Vertonghen and Lloris pack their bags, and Adebayor's agent announces he's off as well because we can no longer afford his contract.

There is no way Moyes will be sacked in the summer, at the absolute worst he will be given a good few months of next season. Van Gaal will be employed by someone before the start of next season that is for sure....

I think we have to give him to the end of the season for the following reasons:

- he is acting like a prick and he will likely continue to do so: it needs to be seen exactly what he is before we can (justifiably) make that decision
- The Redknapp/Pro-TS press would have a field day if we sacked him before he gave enough evidence; he continues as he is, he effectively sacks himself and without all the press vitriol (which whilst not that important, we could do without it; in fact only LVG could be big enough to defelct that flack next season)
- we would look even more of a joke than when we sacked AVB

No one criticised the respective clubs when Steve Kean, Stuart Gray and Steve Wigley were all sacked. Sherwood is a comparable situation to those.

Didn't say he was good at his job or even that I think he should or should not be at Spurs, just replied to GB's quote of "Never worked higher than U-16 level" which is totally false.

There is no way Moyes will be sacked in the summer, at the absolute worst he will be given a good few months of next season. Van Gaal will be employed by someone before the start of next season that is for sure....

We'll see. Ferguson seems to want him given time, as he was, but it wouldn't surprise me if they blinked, especially given a sniff of van Gaal's availability.

We'll see. Ferguson seems to want him given time, as he was, but it wouldn't surprise me if they blinked, especially given a sniff of van Gaal's availability.

I can see that happening as well.

For the record, what managers will be available after the World Cup?

Back