• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

yes, i think those players have the mentality and work ethic that Sherwood seems to crave. A mixture of youth and experience, i think TS would love that set up

He's said in the past that he is happy with the ability of the obviously talented squad we have. So why do you conclude that him saying we need players who aren't afraid to give each other what for = I want to re-sign Scott Parker and bring in James Milner?

He's obviously aware that he has players with the ability to compete at the level we are at, he said so in January. What he's questioned is their attitude. Talent and ability is nothing if we give up the ghost any time we go 2-0 down against a top team. I suspect you know that is what he's saying too though.............

I come across on here as a complete TS fanboy. I'm not, I think he done a decent job in the beginning and found it refreshing to see our play go from dull and boring under AVB to something a little more exciting. I don't really understand why he keeps changing the set-up of the team pretty radically from game to game and I'm not happy we seem to have lost our flow. But at times I just can't fathom how people come up with the things on here, the guy played at the top level, he knows the difference between James Milner and Roy Keane FFS.

Reports earlier in the week were saying that Sherwood rates Eriksen. I think that it is too easy to say English manager will want to sign English cloggers but we've got no idea whether that is what he wants.

Whilst he's not said it himself he has pointed to influences on his career and we can look at what they do for clues.

Ideal Sunday is......

-Steff praising Verthonghen as a consumate professional and a wonderful human being.
-GB not mentioning LVG for......at least two hours
-Dubai Spur posting his lion King gif
-Huddy posting his Gattuso dancey man gif
-Milo getting excited
-KD being pleasant to everyone all evening....no blunt one liners
-Stinkfoot proclaims his love for me.
-Scaramanga hails timmy as a jolly good fellow.

maybe just maybe an NLD win could make these things happen! \o/

If we win I might even give you a reach around. =P~

Anyone think that Sherwood is either very comfortable in his job safety or he is going to war with Spurs with his comments??

Whilst he's not said it himself he has pointed to influences on his career and we can look at what they do for clues.

If we want an idea of what a Sherwood team would look like the best place to look would be the development squad. He had time to work with them and instill his ideas, he also had oversight of the area before he took over day to day responsibility.

He credits Hodgson as being the best coach he played under.

Talking of Hodgson - there's a familiar sounding story there. Some relevant quotes:

woy said:
His discontent spread to a lot of other players. These people did not have the strength of character or personality to stand up against somebody who was finding fault with most things.

woy said:
'I don't think anybody should come in to a club and for their own selfish reasons start saying that certain players should stay or go.

If we want an idea of what a Sherwood team would look like the best place to look would be the development squad. He had time to work with them and instill his ideas, he also had oversight of the area before he took over day to day responsibility.

I honestly don't know enough about that squad and how it works to give an opinion there. I have read (without verifying any accuracy) that it owes much of its current state to Timmeh's predecessor. That's not to entirely remove any credit from him, he managed not to break his toy, which was good, but I don't know if he added any value.

Reports earlier in the week were saying that Sherwood rates Eriksen. I think that it is too easy to say English manager will want to sign English cloggers but we've got no idea whether that is what he wants.
where are the English cloggers??? Butland is a highly rated young keeper, Jagielka is Everton captain and current english centre half, ive never heard anyway describe Parker as a clogger and Milner has the ability to supply crosses and make some assists. Tom Ince is a highly rated skilful young attacker, Lambert is an experienced forward who knows where the goal is.............I do have a feeling that Sherwood feels more comfortable getting his ideas across to British players and i do think that if he was given the job and the opportunity to buy players this summer most would be of British origin. You can add Steven Fletcher at Sunderland into the mix too

BijQ8hrIgAAp_vQ.jpg

Anyone think that Sherwood is either very comfortable in his job safety or he is going to war with Spurs with his comments??
i think Levy has given free reign to Sherwood to save our season from completely falling apart. Sherwood isnt a fool, he knows Levy well and he knows that Levy has LVG lined up. All imo of course

It seems to me that Sherwood really has to make up his mind about the type of role he wants before he goes a lot further. Does he want to be a head coach or a DoF? He talks about knowing the club from top to bottom, and that's probably true, but whilst he may know all the structures and organisational aspects inside out, what he lacks is man-management and coaching experience, and yet he appears to rule out the possibility of working as an assistant, should a new man arrive in the summer. I find it curious, if he's really serious about a head coaching role, that he wouldn't be interested in learning from someone of van Gaal's stature, assuming that's the type of appointment Levy is looking to make.

It seems to me that Sherwood really has to make up his mind about the type of role he wants before he goes a lot further. Does he want to be a head coach or a DoF? He talks about knowing the club from top to bottom, and that's probably true, but whilst he may know all the structures and organisational aspects inside out, what he lacks is man-management and coaching experience, and yet he appears to rule out the possibility of working as an assistant, should a new man arrive in the summer. I find it curious, if he's really serious about a head coaching role, that he wouldn't be interested in learning from someone of van Gaal's stature, assuming that's the type of appointment Levy is looking to make.

I agree

No, he absolutely didn't, just another chapter in the 'misleading stats' book.

Sherwood didn't have the luxury of playing eight games against Tbilisi, Anzhi, Tromso and Sheriff.

Although he has had the benefit of West Brom at home, Stoke at home, the **** version of Tim Krul, Dnipro x 2, Norwich at home.....

Although he has had the benefit of West Brom at home, Stoke at home, the **** version of Tim Krul, Dnipro x 2, Norwich at home.....

:rolleyes:

The bottom line relevant stats are -

AVB - 27 points in 16 games. 15 goals for, 21 against.
Tim - 26 points in 13 games. 22 goals for, 16 against.

He's just doing exactly what Redknapp would have done - every time Sherwood mouths off in teh press, its as if Redknapp was making the comments and they'r ebeing mid-reported. The big difference is that, whilst I dont like Harry, he did keep us up and achieve something in his first 2 years at Spurs, whereas Deadwood has never managed - as such Harry could 'go to war with Spurs' as you put it and believe that he had a chance of winning (realistically not a chance vs Levy!). Whereas Sherwood has no previous capital....he's copying harry's fighting talk and almost goading Levy into firing him

As someone else said, he's never managed before and therefore to say that he could never be a number 2 and learn from someone even as experienced as Van Gaal is sheer arrogance

Back