• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Do you think LvG really wants to come to Spurs, or is he just putting it out there, to the wider audience, despite the Spurs references?
I'm not anti TS at all, and think he's done well, but I'm not black and white about it, and if LvG was available, would **** TS off el pronto. He will land on his feet anyway, and as know, there's **** all loyalty.

I'm just curious to see what the views are, as to the probability of Lvg joining. a) Does he really want it and b) can it really happen?

That is exactly what crossed my mind. How many players have done this to us? Hazard is the most obvious example. I'll be honest I don't know the ins and outs of LVG's CV like most on here appear to, but by the sounds of it he is top drawer. If so, then come the summer the likelihood is there will be bigger and more lucrative clubs that will be in for him and as per usual we will be used...

All depends on whether there's an agreement in place between LVG and our club that has yet to be announced.

If not, there's a good chance that he'll go elsewhere. I do think Manchester United will keep faith in Moyes over the summer though. I think a lot of money will be spent on new players and then, if he continues to fail, he'll be gone by Christmas.

The LVG thing is because hes said that he would like to manage in England. There aren't going to be any other big club jobs available this summer. Moyes will be given another season.

Get the feeling that SAF is in for a nasty surprise if he backs him or wants Moyes out as well.

Either way Moyes is a dead man walking IMHO.

Premier League: Tim Sherwood admits he is under pressure at Tottenham
By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo | Last Updated: 02/03/14 12:15pm

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood admits he is under pressure amid talk that the club are considering other managers for his job in the summer.

Holland coach Louis van Gaal has been strongly linked with a move to White Hart Lane when his contract with the Dutch expires after this summer's World Cup finals.

Sherwood signed an 18-month deal to replace Andre Villas-Boas in January, but it has failed to quell rumours over an experienced manager coming in next season - and the constant speculation has annoyed the 45-year-old.

"There will always be speculation," said Sherwood. "Until you get a foreign manager of this club no-one is happy. That is not the view of the club - that is the perception from outside.

"I understand I am under pressure. I have to be honest. But it is not all about experience. I have seen a lot of crap, experienced managers out there.

"I try to be myself. It has been horrible since Norwich. It's felt like the worst job in the world, but you cannot take that into the training ground.

"You have to be professional. They don't want to see me moping about - I am the leader. I have to be upbeat and say: 'Look, we dust ourselves down. We weren't great, I told you it was c--- and we have to improve.' If you don't we all have a problem - life will be very difficult until now and the end of the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9192874/

One thing I will give Tim is that he tells as it is. Even during my worshipping of AVB I would get confused by his constant way of saying something by actually not saying it.

if a manager isn't smart enough to realise they should never work for Levy then they aren't smart enough to be our manager IMO

whats that situation called, where Yossarian, he'd know?

Wasn't it Woody Allen or Peter Sellars or even Peter Cook that said he wouldn't want to join a club that would have him as a member. Does the same apply here?

that's very much the quote I was riffing on, let's give the credit to Cook as obviously, being a Spurs fan makes him a superior thinker

Astonished today to be reminded when Sandro came on that they were his first league minutes under Sherwood! Take away him and Eriksen and we look pretty bereft in midfield. Paulinho, Dembele, Lennon, Townsend... all very inconsistent. We've done well to be where we are, all things considered. Sherwood now on 26 points in 12 games. 60 points over the season... would put us 2nd and 3 points off the top! :lol:

Last edited:

Astonished today to be reminded when Sandro came on that they were his first league minutes under Sherwood! Take away him and Eriksen and we look pretty bereft in midfield. Paulinho, Dembele, Lennon, Townsend... all very inconsistent. We've done well to be where we are, all things considered. Sherwood now on 26 points in 12 games. 60 points over the season... would put us 2nd and 3 points off the top! :lol:

Whilst we're playing the cherry picking game:

Timmeh's results against teams that can be described as anything approaching good:

Played 3, lost 2, won 1, goals for 2, goals against 7.

Extrapolate that over a season and we get relegated.

Whilst we're playing the cherry picking game:

Timmeh's results against teams that can be described as anything approaching good:

Played 3, lost 2, won 1, goals for 2, goals against 7.

Extrapolate that over a season and we get relegated.

I don't see how he's cherry picking, I think he's just saying that TS hasn't had Sandro, and bar Sandro and Eriksen our midfield is pretty average.

Where's the cherry picking there?

How is he cherry picking games?

By my count we've played 16 matches under Timmeh. I can understand not counting Ukrainian nobodies in the count as we won't face anything that bad in the course of a normal Premier league season. West Ham and Arsenal we will though - so you have to include those losses.

Just count the league games, but wait until the rest of the season is played. Then Sherwood will have had 20 odd league games and we'll have an idea if he knows what the f**k he's doing or not.

Back