• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Three positions to strengthen

Google "Danny Rose Napoleon Syndrome needless free kick"

Could not bring myself to use G00GLE, but searches on DuckDuckGo and Blekko produced nothing of any relevance. ;)

Might try the same search but substitute Sandro for Danny Rose and either Fidel Castro, Augusto Pinochet, Muammar Gaddafi or Bashar al-Assad for Napoleon.

Last edited:
three positions to strengthen:

back, sack and crack!

tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

how many days has he had?

I don't say it's the managers fault, but the left back position has been there for a long time, we've known Dawson is getting older and Kaboul is injury prone and there is no quick replacement in the development squad. We have no ready replacement for Lennon and have exactly the same number of strikers as the last 2 seasons, all of them lacking in pace. Yet we are over loaded with central midfield players.

I don't say it's the managers fault, but the left back position has been there for a long time, we've known Dawson is getting older and Kaboul is injury prone and there is no quick replacement in the development squad. We have no ready replacement for Lennon and have exactly the same number of strikers as the last 2 seasons, all of them lacking in pace. Yet we are over loaded with central midfield players.

Agreed. I don't get why so many want yet another midfielder. Aren't we stacked to the gills with these?

Left back
Centre back
A midfielder that passe forward and can pick a pass and can move the ball on quikcly (things Dembele doesn't do!)

If you were offered the opportunity, assuming all current players stay, which three positions would you strengthen and why?

To start the ball rolling, here are mine:

1. Left back. An absolute must. Preferably one that can defend and cross a ball accurately.

2. Centre back. A warrior is required. Good in the air and athletic enough to cope with a defensive high line.

3, Centre forward. One that can hold the ball up and create and score themselves.

With these three key recruits, I believe we would be in the mix for a top four finish.

Pirate, I think you nailed it.

LB - Go all out for Shaw. If it comes to it, play BAE there this year, then explore the market again next year.
CB - You said it.
CF - Ade is fine, but at this stage think he'd be more effective with just one game a week. So, think we need a Bony/Benteke/Lukaku type who can eat up some games/minutes and should do well in Poch system. Bony may be more attainable, cheaper, and may be better anyway. Soldo would almost certainly do better next season, but may be off. Kane came on, but not sold yet.

As for MF, surprised to hear we need to sign more? We have loads of young ones, and Poch is tasked with finding/developing the gems amongst them, which is supposedly his forte, and so I'll be disappointed if he doesn't.

Last edited:
LB. -> self explanatory, please lets not waste all summer and funds on Shaw .. let Baldini earn some of his pay
CM. -> ball playing midfielder to play alongside Eriksen (get rid of Siggy, Dembele, Livermore), essential to a possession side
LW. -> attacking outlet/winger for left side

All the rest -> CB, CF, cover for GK, RB is all nice to have.

Agreed. I don't get why so many want yet another midfielder. Aren't we stacked to the gills with these?

None that can short pass from deep/keep recycling the ball. What Modric used to do.

Yep, but how many can see the killer pass. Much of a muchness as someone once said.

Eriksen, Lamela and Holtby can all do killer final balls. It's more that we've got no one behind them who can get them the ball before 9 defenders get back behind it.

Capoue and Bentaleb.

we're only looking for one 'passer' in the central positions - If Pochetino is supposed to be able to get an extra something out of his players then i think we could see Bentaleb fill that void.

alongside the passer, by all accounts, at SCBC he played a defensive player who can knock the ball around well - that to me sounds like the description we heard of Capoue when he was signed last summer.

None that can short pass from deep/keep recycling the ball. What Modric used to do.

Eriksen, Lamela and Holtby can all do killer final balls. It's more that we've got no one behind them who can get them the ball before 9 defenders get back behind it.

I mean someone who can play a killer pass from a deeper position like Hudd used to do. Might not suit Poch's style though we shall see.

Left back imperative.
Centre back. I'd definitely like one.

hmmm...
I'll go for an attacking midfield/forward.

All depends on how Poch wants us to line up.

Also these signings need to have some leadership qualities for me. Just as important as addressing the problem positions

Could not bring myself to use G00GLE, but searches on DuckDuckGo and Blekko produced nothing of any relevance. ;)

Might try the same search but substitute Sandro for Danny Rose and either Fidel Castro, Augusto Pinochet, Muammar Gaddafi or Bashar al-Assad for Napoleon.

Or Stalin

Back