• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Three positions to strengthen

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
If you were offered the opportunity, assuming all current players stay, which three positions would you strengthen and why?

To start the ball rolling, here are mine:

1. Left back. An absolute must. Preferably one that can defend and cross a ball accurately.

2. Centre back. A warrior is required. Good in the air and athletic enough to cope with a defensive high line.

3, Centre forward. One that can hold the ball up and create and score themselves.

With these three key recruits, I believe we would be in the mix for a top four finish.

Left back.
Left wing forward.
Ball playing central midfielder.

(We need to replaced crocked Kaboul as well, but I'm perfectly happy with Ade, Soldado and Kane as our CFs)

If you were offered the opportunity, assuming all current players stay, which three positions would you strengthen and why?

1. Left back. An absolute must. Preferably one that can defend and cross a ball accurately.

2. Centre back. A warrior is required. Good in the air and athletic enough to cope with a defensive high line.

3, Centre forward. One that can hold the ball up and create and score themselves.

With these three key recruits, I believe we would be in the mix for a top four finish.

i completely agree with the areas of priority

I agree - but from the replies so far, some don't !

central midfield seems the other one people are interested in strengthening - but i reckon Bentaleb could provide the answer there - seems to have a great deal of raw potential and if he can be coached as effectively as several of the saints players then i think he could fill that position. also from what i have read there are question marks from some over Eriksen suiting the wide attacking role in midfield, so possibly Pochetino may seem him as a more central player. think we may see more of Capoue this season as he seems to tick the defensive midfielder who can play box (from what i read re his time in France)

I think that Holtby will have a big season. I can imagine him being just the player that Poch likes.

I agree - but from the replies so far, some don't !

I really want to see what Soldado can do under Poch, lining up in front of Eriksen and Lamela.

We're not going to get a decent CF for under £25m. Remember how tough it was to get Ade and Soldado too - CFs are so overpriced. I'd wait at least a year to look at that position again.

I really want to see what Soldado can do under Poch, lining up in front of Eriksen and Lamela.

We're not going to get a decent CF for under £25m. Remember how tough it was to get Ade and Soldado too - CFs are so overpriced. I'd wait at least a year to look at that position again.

i agree about Soldado, I want Ade replaced though, very happy with Kane as 3rd choice

What's worrying is that we can all see this but it seems that those who make the decisions at the club can't

What's worrying is that we can all see this but it seems that those who make the decisions at the club can't

why does it seem that way?

i can only think of the left back position left wanting at the end of last seasons transfer window, even then Rose had come off the back of a good loan spell at Sunderland and we had both Naughton and Vertonghen who are (supposedly) capable of filling in. supposedly moved for the Real LB on loan as well

For the first time that I can remember, I don't really want us to sign anyone. Just get the best from what we have and see what they can do. A bit of continuity might do us good.

For the first time that I can remember, I don't really want us to sign anyone. Just get the best from what we have and see what they can do. A bit of continuity might do us good.

Google "Danny Rose Napoleon Syndrome needless free kick"

Back