• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thoughts on the upcoming season?

To be honest I couldn't wait for the new season after the Paulinho signing but this Bale saga is getting me down. Add the injuries and I do actually think we made an error selling Caulker (I've mad a u-turn) ad Dempsey.

I just wish football was cancelled for a year now I really don't want the season to start. Genuinely worried about us this season can see another Ramos season.....

Well there's always good old 'Arry to call upon if we end up with 2 points from 8 games :)

I expect much doom & gloom, knee jerking and general negative bs, but we'll be fighting for top 4 come May.

My target: Improve on last season's points tally and a EL semi final.

OK, but a final should be a goal.

I would expect a winning final personally.

I fail to comprehend the reasoning behind selling Caulker with Dawson, Verts and Kaboul not fit? Even if it was thought Caulker did not have a long term future at Spurs no way is Livermore a better option at the back. I would love for a journalist to ask AVB his reasoning behind that decision

We were offered more money than he is worth.

He may become a player worth the fee in the future but that money was too good to turn down.

Would not surprise me if Gallas is still an option

A lot will depend on the business over the next ten days.

* Will be bring in much needed cover at CB and of course;
* Will Bale's future be resolved?

A positive answer to both and we still could hit the ground running, with or without Gareth Bale. But history shows us that the answer to both is no... the new CB will probably be a late Nelson-esque deal, while Bale will probably be a big money sale on September 2nd. Modric and Berbatov both cost us the start of previous seasons, as did the failure to address the striker issue with Adebayor's loan.

Looking on the bright side here. Bale stays. Vlad Chichires added. I hear possibly another addition.

Get through the Palace game by hook or by crook, and a few players back on board. After that we are looking at a squad which we have jettisoned Gallas , Caulker, and Dempsey (possible AN Other by then) from the personnel that got us a record points hall, yet have added Paulinho, Soldado, Chadli, Chichares and effectively two new players in Kaboul and Sandro. If Bale stays, I reckon that is cause for optimism.

Of course, being Spurs, something, anything, could happen to give us False Dawn part IX : Santini's Revenge.

Every major problem area has been addressed and for me you don't have a squad for the first 3 games, its for the season so I fully understand and agree with selling Caulker for that money at that time

We lacked strength in the wide positions last season so we signed chadli

Gaols from midfield were a premium as was mobile defensive players so we signed Paulinho

Or forwards were poor for most of the time in front of goal so we signed a proven top drawer goal scorer

We haven sold anyone who would get in our first 11. In fact both players sold would struggle to get into the new improved squad

I can't fathom what has happened to Benny or a Holtby pre season but I don't think anyone has taken the actual games that serious this summer. I think we have used them as run outs and fitness exercises only and so have plenty of the other BIG teams.

Lets see what we look like on September 1st after everyone has done their business and we know what we have.

Yep we could have dropped points but so can everyone in the first 3 games

Excited, but convinced we will drop early points because of this defensive disaster. How on earth do we allow ourselves to get I these situations.

I'm worried about a lack of flair/creativity in midfield. I really noticed it in Europe last season how aren't as good on the ball as we have been in the past. We struggled against the likes of Basel and Inter Milan away (who are a very poor side btw).

Defensively I'm worried about numbers. And the thought of Danny Rose playing gives me nightmares.

Very excited about watching the likes of Soldado, Paulinho and Chadli, but worry that we won't have that player who can score a goal from nothing if Bale leaves.

We can challenge for the title if Bale stays. We probably won't win it, but even if Bale goes soon enough for us to replace him I can see us finishing top 3.

Back