• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thomas Lemar

I don't think L'arse will have any difficulty signing top talent. They obviously have a significant war chest and Wenger knows he is in last chance saloon and so will spend whatever it takes to get the players he wants. In a straight race between us and the Scum, we would undoubtedly lose out on this ground alone as we wouldn't be able to compete with them financially.

In addition, if I was in the players position, even setting aside the financial aspects, I would consider the likelihood that I would get straight in to Arsenal's first team much greater than getting a first team berth at Spurs.

I think this is another area in which any player suddenly becomes less attractive to our project (that, BTW, is pure speculation on my part). Remember, Poch signs players to train.

[
My really

If they offer to pay more for him than we do then we don't get him... if they offer him £150k a week and we offer £80k then he will go there

Who knows if we're really after him to be fair, but he is exactly the kind of player we should be

If the pull of Spurs is that much greater than Arsenal (it's not) money would not matter at this stage he would go to the club best for his career.

We have finished above Arsenal once in twenty years, whilst we have never been in a better position to attract players Arsenal are still currently a bigger club.

They still won something last year as well.

Getting to the new stadium changes the situation again.

Gabbiadini was 14(?) million - Sissoko was 30 million

Who would you rather have lol

Pogba was twice as much as both of them put together. ManU win the SkyBet Transfer Window Trophy.

I'd rather we didn't spend anything at all if we can't find players that are right for us.

[

If the pull of Spurs is that much greater than Arsenal (it's not) money would not matter at this stage he would go to the club best for his career.

We have finished above Arsenal once in twenty years, whilst we have never been in a better position to attract players Arsenal are still currently a bigger club.

They still won something last year as well.

Getting to the new stadium changes the situation again.

Arsenal are a huge club who pay over £1m a week more than us. They can blow us out of the water financially.

I guarantee that every first team player they sign this summer Is on more money than everyone in our first 11 bar maybe Kane if he is on £100k a week as rumoured

City attracted players without champions league or trophies by paying silly money. Arsenal did that last season don't forget with Xhaka and Mustaphi and paid well over the odds.

Arsenal spend brick loads in transfers and wages, it's a bit of a myth that they don't spend. The issue for them (their fans) is that they could actually be spending a bit more.

Let me be blunter.
Lemar's career as a player would be greatly improved by our coaching staff over Arsenal's right now. Our squad proves what we do for young talent. Lemar's bank balance would be greatly improved at Arsenal, plus they have had pedigree in the past but are closing in on the end of a managerial era.
Im not arguing with any of that Steff, I and most Spurs fans would like to think that we are on an upward curve and Arsenal on the decline. But we dont know if either are correct after one season of us doing better than them. Maybe you could make a case for players domestically fancying us ahead of them as they have seen the Poch effect up close. But abroad, the players see Arsenal playing CL year in year out and only getting knocked out to Bayern Munich, vs us playing in the Europa and not even coming close to winning the thing, whilst finishing below Arsenal in the league and seeing them lift domestic cups. Its going to take more than one year of us finising ahead of them - we need to show this wasnt a flash in the pan for players and especially French players whilst Wenger is there to consider playing for Spurs a more attractive option than Arsenal....

Im not arguing with any of that Steff, I and most Spurs fans would like to think that we are on an upward curve and Arsenal on the decline. But we dont know if either are correct after one season of us doing better than them. Maybe you could make a case for players domestically fancying us ahead of them as they have seen the Poch effect up close. But abroad, the players see Arsenal playing CL year in year out and only getting knocked out to Bayern Munich, vs us playing in the Europa and not even coming close to winning the thing, whilst finishing below Arsenal in the league and seeing them lift domestic cups. Its going to take more than one year of us finising ahead of them - we need to show this wasnt a flash in the pan for players and especially French players whilst Wenger is there to consider playing for Spurs a more attractive option than Arsenal....

All fair comments

But if id just played in the champions league semi final I wouldn't look to move to a club in Europa league regardless of manager.... unless they made it very much worth my while

And I'd certainly want a club with stability and progression as a young player which again are not necessarily things that are evident at Arsenal

All fair comments

But if id just played in the champions league semi final I wouldn't look to move to a club in Europa league regardless of manager.... unless they made it very much worth my while

And I'd certainly want a club with stability and progression as a young player which again are not necessarily things that are evident at Arsenal
Absolutely, I just think its a bit early for us to be suggesting a player would only pick Arsenal vs us because of money (of course money is always a factor). They are by far a more established club than us in Europe, lets show again this season we are better domestically, and secure at the very least a knock out stage CL run then we can begin to establish ourselves as one of the bigger boys in Europe....

Arsenal go the extra mile with any Spurs related transfer, just to stop their fans frothing at the mouth and starting the whole hysteria of last season from the get go of a new season.

That's a shame he has chosen them, but they are more than likely selling Sanchez and Ozil so they are not really strengthening as it stands.

Mahrez ??? No thanks

W

Well not really no, other clubs don't have the financial resources Arsenal do.

Sorry mate that is rubbish, there are plenty of Spurs fans who after the windows shut always go on about "one more player" "we should have splashed out on a top signing" I could carry on but i am sure you follow.

Sorry mate that is rubbish, there are plenty of Spurs fans who after the windows shut always go on about "one more player" "we should have splashed out on a top signing" I could carry on but i am sure you follow.
Mate you really need to stop reading comments from one or two people and attributing it to a whole or majority of a fan base! All your doing is building straw man arguments!

Of course there are going to be some who think that at every club, but at Arsenal it's a given that they all think that.

To be honest that wasn't even my point. My point was that financially Arsenal could spend more, whereas other clubs are actually on the limit already with their current dealings.

Back