• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This thread is about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some interesting information I would like to share in the Official Stuff Thread. This should be SnV's random thread, imv

FC BASEL FIRES COACH VOGEL, IMMEDIATELY HIRES YAKIN

BASEL, Switzerland -- Swiss champion FC Basel has fired coach Heiko Vogel and hired former player Murat Yakin to replace him.

Basel, which trails eight points behind Swiss league leader Grasshoppers, says in a statement it would explain the decision at a news conference.

Vogel's firing was unexpected after he led the team to an exceptional season in his first head coaching job.

The 36-year-old Vogel was interim coach when his team eliminated Manchester United from the Champions League last December.

Days later, Basel gave Vogel a contract through the 2013-14 season and he led the team to a Swiss league and cup double.

Yakin, a 38-year-old former Basel and Switzerland defender, was fired by Lucerne in August.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=407425

Found some interesting information I would like to share in the Official Stuff Thread. This should be SnV's random thread, imv

FC BASEL FIRES COACH VOGEL, IMMEDIATELY HIRES YAKIN

BASEL, Switzerland -- Swiss champion FC Basel has fired coach Heiko Vogel and hired former player Murat Yakin to replace him.

Basel, which trails eight points behind Swiss league leader Grasshoppers, says in a statement it would explain the decision at a news conference.

Vogel's firing was unexpected after he led the team to an exceptional season in his first head coaching job.

The 36-year-old Vogel was interim coach when his team eliminated Manchester United from the Champions League last December.

Days later, Basel gave Vogel a contract through the 2013-14 season and he led the team to a Swiss league and cup double.

Yakin, a 38-year-old former Basel and Switzerland defender, was fired by Lucerne in August.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=407425

Good on you!

You do realize that you have now given up the right to comment on the quality of content of anyone else's posts ever again?

You do realize that you have now given up the right to comment on the quality of content of anyone else's posts ever again?

And you do realise this was a joke in light of some of the utterly random postings elsewhere lately? ;)

As I said earlier - we need Bundesliga 2 injury updates

And you do realise this was a joke in light of some of the utterly random postings elsewhere lately? ;)

As I said earlier - we need Bundesliga 2 injury updates

Not enough emoticons.

I know there's at least one other poster on this board that cares about Toivonen being injured for the rest of the season.

I must admit that I am not a fan of *the one big thread theory*. Yeah, yeah it's neater but does it actually do anything constructive in livening up this place?
My heart sinks when I have to wade through pages and pages....and pages.

Completely agree. There are some topics where giant threads are justified, for example the picture thread, betting thread, film thread, other games thread etc. But do we really need a jumbo thread for each and every player too? They serve absolutely no purpose. Even the transfer thread, why? Surely posting new topics on potential targets, barring the ridiculous rumours, can only encourage posters to post more and be more active.

Not enough emoticons.

I know there's at least one other poster on this board that cares about Toivonen being injured for the rest of the season.

fudging love that guy. should i bring the avatar back? so you can whack it over his chiseled bone structure and flowing locks?

some interesting info ive come across and id like to share....this is as good a place as any

Sport.it are today claiming that Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is embroiled in a furious attempt to woo Italian model Melissa Satta.

This is despite the fact that he is already romantically involved with ludicrously sexy WAG Irina Shayk and the fact that Miss Satta is similarly involved with AC Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng.

Ronaldo is said to have secured Matta’s number from her ex boyfriend, Christian Vieri relented and has subsequently allegedly sent her some obscene photos of himself. Now this does sound like something the preening self obsessed star would do so who are we to doubt it.

Clearly there may be some unhappy people in this love square (one up from triangle) and no doubt Kevin and Irina may want to hear the full story on this one.

Completely agree. There are some topics where giant threads are justified, for example the picture thread, betting thread, film thread, other games thread etc. But do we really need a jumbo thread for each and every player too? They serve absolutely no purpose. Even the transfer thread, why? Surely posting new topics on potential targets, barring the ridiculous rumours, can only encourage posters to post more and be more active.

I do not see the purpose in starting a new thread every time we've played a game to say someone played well or did a Jenas.

They serve to keep everything about one player in one place and to stop us having 5 different threads about the same player open discussing pretty much similar things.

I agree with the transfer one, but there should be a 'sub-thread' to post threads about transfer targets and the like...

They serve to keep everything about one player in one place and to stop us having 5 different threads about the same player open discussing pretty much similar things.

I agree with the transfer one, but there should be a 'sub-thread' to post threads about transfer targets and the like...

The next transfer window will most likely be done differently, you'll just have to wait and see...

A San Marino player asked for Wayne Rooney’s shorts and Rooney obliged

By Brooks Peck

For the mostly amateur footballers that comprise the San Marino squad, playing at Wembley against some of the biggest names in the sport is a special experience. And even after a 5-0 loss, some of them were still eager to make the most of that experience to the point of making unusual requests.

After the match, Wayne Rooney, who served as captain for the match and became England's fifth highest goal scorer of all time with a brace, explained (via the Telegraph):

"I have kept the armband and will keep it forever. I gave my shirt to one of their players and had to give my shorts away as well. That was a first. It has certainly never happened before!"

So a San Marino player went up to Wayne Rooney after the match and asked, "May I please have your shorts?" and then Wayne said, "Indeed you may" and then he took off his shorts, handed them to his opponent and then both players went on their way (we can only assume the San Marino player did this to ensure that Rooney's shorts were properly disposed of in a medical waste bin somewhere). Where else could that request possibly play out like that?

Somehow visual evidence of this incident has not turned up yet, most likely because when every cameraperson in the stadium saw Rooney start to remove his shorts, they immediately pointed their cameras anywhere else and/or burned them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...ayne-rooney-shorts-rooney-061705236--sow.html

A San Marino player asked for Wayne Rooney’s shorts and Rooney obliged

By Brooks Peck

For the mostly amateur footballers that comprise the San Marino squad, playing at Wembley against some of the biggest names in the sport is a special experience. And even after a 5-0 loss, some of them were still eager to make the most of that experience to the point of making unusual requests.

After the match, Wayne Rooney, who served as captain for the match and became England's fifth highest goal scorer of all time with a brace, explained (via the Telegraph):

"I have kept the armband and will keep it forever. I gave my shirt to one of their players and had to give my shorts away as well. That was a first. It has certainly never happened before!"

So a San Marino player went up to Wayne Rooney after the match and asked, "May I please have your shorts?" and then Wayne said, "Indeed you may" and then he took off his shorts, handed them to his opponent and then both players went on their way (we can only assume the San Marino player did this to ensure that Rooney's shorts were properly disposed of in a medical waste bin somewhere). Where else could that request possibly play out like that?

Somehow visual evidence of this incident has not turned up yet, most likely because when every cameraperson in the stadium saw Rooney start to remove his shorts, they immediately pointed their cameras anywhere else and/or burned them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...ayne-rooney-shorts-rooney-061705236--sow.html

i do think this could have gone in the England thread to be honest

disgrace indeed

A French television host has caused anger in Japan after showing a mocked-up picture of goalkeeper Eiji Kawashima with four arms and describing it as the "Fukushima effect".

France 2 anchorman Laurent Ruquier referred to the 2011 nuclear disaster, triggered by an earthquake and tsunami, as he praised Kawashima's performance in Japan's 1-0 friendly win over France on Friday.

His remark, greeted by laughter from his studio audience, drew a furious response from Japan's chief cabinet secretary, Osamu Fujimura, who described it as "inappropriate".

The Japanese embassy in France has written a letter of complaint to the TV channel, saying the host's remark "hurts the feelings of people affected by the disaster and hinders efforts for reconstruction".

More than 15,000 people died in the earthquake and tsunami, which damaged the Fukushima nuclear plant and caused equipment failures, nuclear meltdowns, andt he releases of radioactive materials in the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl in 1986.

and i wasn't joking? are you psychic? or telepathic?.. for the record my comment was made with humorous intentions, so politely, please go ahead and do one good sir.

You relentlessly say unfunny things with a smiley at the end so if anyone calls you out you can backtrack with an arsey comment like that. You've really figured out a terrific way of winning the one upmanship on here, well done to you buddy! =P~:~:special:*

*See what I did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back