• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This thread is about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberYid

Steven Caulker
This thread is about football.

Jordinho, I posted this in the wrong place - can you merge it with everything else please?

Cheers.

I must admit that I am not a fan of *the one big thread theory*. Yeah, yeah it's neater but does it actually do anything constructive in livening up this place?
My heart sinks when I have to wade through pages and pages....and pages.

Honestly, what does it matter if someone makes a new thread that they feel is a worthy subject ? As a *newbie* I dare not post a new thread because the fall-out that will occur is just not worth the effort. I am sure that many people here feel the same.

In my opinion this place has empire builders who think they own the joint.

I expect to be jumped on here..and for those that do, maybe you should examine your own *role* here.

This place IS stagnating !

Hang on a second...........

On the first 4 pages of this forum, there is just one thread that has been merged.

That was a thread started about an away game, where we already had a live thread for the specific discussion of away games generally.

What exactly is the beef here?

*Assuming I've not missed something obvious

Hang on a second...........

On the first 4 pages of this forum, there is just one thread that has been merged.

That was a thread started about an away game, where we already had a live thread for the specific discussion of away games generally.

What exactly is the beef here?

*Assuming I've not missed something obvious
Not quite true - there were an obviously necessary 17 different threads about Liverpool, Suarez, Rodgers, Charlie Adam etc etc that got 'unfairly' squashed into a mammoth obsession thread about the Red Scouse. It would have been much more dynamic to have to have waded through all that red brick to find anything remotely spurs related.

Personally, I think the mods have got it about right. Yes, there is atime for a new thread but it isn't every time a thought pops into somebodies head - there has to be some reflection and checking of the forum. Also there is a time when a new thread has run its course and could be merged/tidied up with other related topics. But a few people get a little prissy and possesive over their right to spew forth.

I started a BAE / Back 4 discussion thread yesterday which was merged within minutes because the Mod didn't like the topic (ironic considering his take on Dawson) and labelled me a 'wind-up-merchant' for it.

I must admit that I am not a fan of *the one big thread theory*. Yeah, yeah it's neater but does it actually do anything constructive in livening up this place?
My heart sinks when I have to wade through pages and pages....and pages.

Honestly, what does it matter if someone makes a new thread that they feel is a worthy subject ? As a *newbie* I dare not post a new thread because the fall-out that will occur is just not worth the effort. I am sure that many people here feel the same.

In my opinion this place has empire builders who think they own the joint.

I expect to be jumped on here..and for those that do, maybe you should examine your own *role* here.

This place IS stagnating !

A point well made.

not another thread :(

cant we just have ONE giant thread on this forum where we discuss anything and everything

in fact, there is no need for a forum, just a site called GG Thread

I think i'm more bored with the incessant whinging about 'merged threads' far more then the actual merging of threads currently..

Raboner he was joking for fudge's sake. I think if your OMT gets a victory at Old Trafford you've earnt the right to joke about it a bit. If you don't understand that then there are other forums.

Raboner he was joking for fudge's sake. I think if your OMT gets a victory at Old Trafford you've earnt the right to joke about it a bit. If you don't understand that then there are other forums.

Too right!

People aren't being serious enough about OMTs and it's an important issue that actually needs some attention.

And I'm not at all surprised over who the ones trying to make jokes in this thread, and failing, are.

This is what happens when you give people jobs that dont know wtf they are doing. It's a bit like that rich bint from the other day that bought a £32k yaught thinking she could just fudge off to sea and sail it, but didnt have a clue.

and i wasn't joking? are you psychic? or telepathic?.. for the record my comment was made with humorous intentions, so politely, please go ahead and do one good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back