• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

So a 2-1 win puts England U20s into the quarter finals of the FIFA U20s World Cup tournament in South Korea. I gather we will now play the winner of tomorrow's tie, Mexico vs Senegal, on Monday 5th June but cannot as yet find the ko time or whether it is scheduled for tv coverage anywhere.
Monday 5th June 2017
TBC
FIFA U20 World Cup Quarter-Final
09:00
British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD
TBC
FIFA U20 World Cup Quarter-Final
12:00
British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Thanks @LemonadeMoney, looking forward to watching on Eurosport come Monday either morning or noon, whichever it turns out to be.
Think it's the later one:
https://resources.fifa.com/mm/docum...fu20wc2017_matchschedule_15052017_neutral.pdf

edit:
05 JUN 2017 - 20:00 Local time
QUARTER-FINALS
Cheonan Sports Complex
Cheonan
[W42]
eng.png

ENGLAND

12:00 UK time

His biggest quality is his [seemingly unteachable] ability to arrive into the box at the right time to sniff out a chance and he also has solid technique in terms of striking the ball. After that though I don't think he brings a great deal more to the table

Didn't do Frank Lampard any harm ;)

I thought KWP was outstanding at LB. He kept possession well and didn't get shown up defensively.
Onomah was quiet, as he was in the game against Argentina when paired with Cook. It may be that Cook looks to dictate more and Onomah sits back, but he did do well in his defensive duties apart from early on when he lost the guy at the back post. A couple of very good passes during his time on the field.

Marcus Edwards is in England's preliminary squad for the U19 Euros:

Goalkeepers: Will Henry (Swindon Town), Aaron Ramsdale (AFC Bournemouth), Nathan Trott (West Ham United)

Defenders: Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea), Jay Dasilva (Chelsea), Tom Edwards (Stoke City), Cameron Humphreys (Emirates Marketing Project), Darnell Johnson (Leicester City), James Justin (Luton Town), Reece Oxford (West Ham United), Easah Suliman (Aston Villa), Dujon Sterling (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Josh Dasilva (Arsenal), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Tayo Edun (Fulham), Jacob Maddox (Chelsea), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)

Forwards: Ben Brereton (Nottingham Forest), Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (Emirates Marketing Project), Marcus Edwards (Tottenham Hotspur), Lukas Nmecha (Emirates Marketing Project), Chris Willock (Arsenal)

Marcus Edwards is in England's preliminary squad for the U19 Euros:
Great news. Perhaps he can work on Sessegnon. Andre Dozzell too, if he's any good -- I think he's Jason Dozzell's son, in which case (hopefully!) his dad could give him a nudge.

Great news. Perhaps he can work on Sessegnon. Andre Dozzell too, if he's any good -- I think he's Jason Dozzell's son, in which case (hopefully!) his dad could give him a nudge.

I think we had some interest in an other young player at Ipswich and had him on trial last season.

Dozzell's a good player but I think he's better off where he is for now, we also have players of our own we should focus on first.

So does Edwards leave the Spurs team that are currently away?

Not sure what you mean? If you're referring to the U19 squad that travelled to Germany then they returned last week, the tournament was only over three days.

Back