• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
FootballInsider Article claims Shayon Harrison may be getting a promotion into the first team next season...

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-keen-to-promote-harrison-to-first-team-squad/?

12th April, 2016, 2:39 PM
By London correspondent Tony Hughes

Tottenham are keen to promote teenage striker Shayon Harrison into the first-team squad next season, Football Insider sources understand.

Mauricio Pochettino and his staff are confident the 18-year-old striker can follow in the footsteps of Harry Kane and company by making the step up from the Academy to the senior squad.

Harrison has trained with the first-team group at various stages this season but is yet to be named in a matchday squad for Pochettino’s side.

However, the young forward has served notice of his potential for Tottenham Under-21s, scoring six goals in 12 matches, including a hat-trick in Monday’s 3-1 win over Sunderland.

adtil.gif

A well-placed Spurs source has told Football Insider that the coaching staff believe second-year Academy scholar Harrison has the potential to play first team football at White Hart Lane.

Spurs have earned a reputation for producing and developing some of the best young talents in England in recent seasons.

Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Nabil Bentaleb, Ryan Mason, Tom Carroll, Josh Onomah and Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s January signing Andros Townsend have all graduated from the Tottenham academy into the first-team squad, while other youngsters like Eric Dier and Dele Alli have taken huge strides in a very short time at White Hart Lane.

Pochettino has insisted in the past that there is plenty more talent in the age-group teams capable of breaking into the senior side in the future, namechecking Harrison and 17-year-old Kazaiah Sterling as players for whom he wanted to clear a pathway to the first team..

adtil.gif

Kane.jpg

White hot: Harry Kane is the star graduate of Spurs’ academy

Speaking in February, the Argentine said: “We have younger players that train with us like Shayon and, in behind him, Sterling and different players. We have to believe in the younger players because for our future they will be very important players.”

Speaking after his Under-21 hat-trick against title-chasing Sunderland, Harrison told Spurs TV, “It’s amazing, I’m over the moon. It’s my first hat-trick for the under-21s so it’s a big positive for me and I’m just happy to help out the team and grab the three points.

“I just want to keep scoring goals, keep working hard, and hopefully next season it will be a much more positive season again.”

Was Harrison the player that Pochettino said to McDermott (loudly so the player would hear) was lazy or didn't work hard enough or something like that?

Yes that's the one. Hopefully he keeps progressing.
It must be such a great motivator for him (and others) to look at Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Carroll, Winks , Onomah and see how they have come through the ranks. Of course some will not make the final step up but given the precedents it should not be for want of application.
I love the work Poch and his team are doing encouraging the youth players and bringing them through.
Just this week I have had two separate conversations with non Spurs fans looking forward to seeing which academy players will break through for us next season.

When was this?
From Milo's post on page 50:
The actual excerpt from that (excellent) piece:

We have a player right now called Shayon Harrison who is pretty good and trains with the first team, Pochetinno came over to John and said ‘John, Shayon is lazy’ just loud enough so Shayon would hear him. Shayon came knocking on John’s door later asking him what that was about. John told Shayon that Poch has worked with Veron/Maradona, he played a year with Aguero, he trains everyday with Kane- Poch’s frame of reference is so high that he is not saying you are actually lazy but when he is comparing you it can be deemed mediocre.

From Milo's post on page 50:
The actual excerpt from that (excellent) piece:

We have a player right now called Shayon Harrison who is pretty good and trains with the first team, Pochetinno came over to John and said ‘John, Shayon is lazy’ just loud enough so Shayon would hear him. Shayon came knocking on John’s door later asking him what that was about. John told Shayon that Poch has worked with Veron/Maradona, he played a year with Aguero, he trains everyday with Kane- Poch’s frame of reference is so high that he is not saying you are actually lazy but when he is comparing you it can be deemed mediocre.
Good psychology! The fact that Harrison was concerned enough to follow up on what he overheard must be a good sign. Guess he passed that test.

Watched the Rangers Celtic game and Ball was MOTM for me. The kid is very similar to Dier in build and style. A few risks but looks a real talent.

Watched the Rangers Celtic game and Ball was MOTM for me. The kid is very similar to Dier in build and style. A few risks but looks a real talent.

I thought the same and the Rangers' fans are very keen to keep him. I hope that he gets some game time in pre-season

Looks exceptional- amazing that all tha was in one game! Need to sell Carroll to give Winks more chances

As it stands he's got Carroll, Bentaleb, Mason and Dembele (and possibly Onomah) ahead of him. We certainly need to clear some players out if he is going to get many chances. Again, hopefully he will get a chance to stake a claim in pre-season.

I can't remember where I read it (poss Daily Wail Tues?), but we've dropped our interest in Moussa Dembele at Fulham.

Anyone else seen/heard this ?.

I can't remember where I read it (poss Daily Wail Tues?), but we've dropped our interest in Moussa Dembele at Fulham.

Anyone else seen/heard this ?.

I'd read somewhere that we were less interested than we were in January.

What has happened with Shilow Tracey (sp?) who we bought from Ebbsfleet? I don't recall hearing much about him. Is he in the U18s?

Yeah he's with the u18s but will be in the u21s next season. He's done ok, has so far played mainly at right back and right wing, think he's only played a few minutes up front which is where he was reported to have played for Ebbsfleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back