• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The worst ever season

Worst season in recent times

• 2013-14

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • 2003-04

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 2002-03

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1997-98

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 1996-97

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 1993-94

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 1991-92

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • other

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Re: The worst ever seaspn

Whilst this season has been disappointing, like GB says it is more because of the hope rather than rank mediocrity.
We should remember that with all the pastings vs the to 4 and dull performances we still have very good structures in place. Once an experienced manager is in place who can manage a squad and has a strategy to work with we will be in good condition to challenge again.

Just think how we were in the mid-90s when we had 2 relegation scrapes and we usually finished around 10th/11th and hardly won any away games. We've move on a lot and whilst the hope of the pre-season has made what's happened hard to bear, it is nowhere near as bad as some of the choices listed.

My vote was for 1991-92: we were boring to watch mostly and without Gazza and having just won the FA Cup this season was such a sea of mediocrity. At least we had Gazza in the previous years to watch. GHod knows what would have happened if Lineker wasn't playing for us that year.

Lineker scored 16 league goals in the first 13 or 14 games that season:eek: then he became a father for the first time early that season and his boy developed leukaemia and Lineker of course had to take time away. That kinda affected the team, of course he was affected too, and how he still somehow managed to continue playing and to finish top score that season il never know, 30 league goals iirc....superhuman stuff from Links

Think I'll go for 93/94, as 76/77 isn't that recent any more. I remember going over on Easter Monday and getting trounced by WHam 1-4.

Team: Walker, Kerslake, Scott, Campbell, Mabbutt, Samways, Sedgley, Dozzell, Barmby, Rosenthal, Anderton, Subs: Howells, Sheringham (Just returning from injury)

Getting mullered by this sh1te:

Miklosko, Breaker, Burrows, Martin, Potts, Holmes, Bishop, Marsh, Butler, Morely, Jones, Sub: Rowland

Embarrassing!

We actually have had it so good in the last ten years. Our younger fans have no idea really how bad things once were in early days of the Premiership. We missed the boat at the start due largely to finances and have been playing catch up ever since.

2013-14: Bale gone, dour football under AVB, dour and clueless football under Sherwood; 3 defeats to l'**** without a goal and 2 home defeats to Spammers plus spankings v Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea.
And wins in almost every other game including one at Old Trafford. We won our first penalty shoot-out for decades and we are on the way to finish our league season with one of the biggest point tally in the last 30 years. The worst of the last five seasons? Possibly. But worst season of all time? Certainly not.

Just one question to anyone who voted 2013-14: Where were you in 1994?

And wins in almost every other game including one at Old Trafford. We won our first penalty shoot-out for decades and we are on the way to finish our league season with one of the biggest point tally in the last 30 years. The worst of the last five seasons? Possibly. But worst season of all time? Certainly not.

Just one question to anyone who voted 2013-14: Where were you in 1994?

right here, watching a **** team under a **** manager with a chairman who tried yet didn't really get football

we have no such excuses now

93/4. Last year of the shelf before it was seated. Had a season ticket and I think we won only four home games that year. Four games!

Mind you I think the difference between that lot and this lot is that we still had players like Mabbs, Howells, Anderton and Teddy who were proud to wear the shirt. It's just that the rest were so kack.

How many of the 13/14 lot do you feel are as proud?

It don't get any worse than having Terry Neill as manager, transforming a team that was under performing yet trying to play with style to a dull, funless outfit which struggled to avoid relegation on the last day of the season.

In the past we've had some terrible seasons, but also some terrible players, but we still supported them because there our club.
This season for me has been the absolute pits, spend 100mil and the quality has dropped significantly.
Boring, predictable, sleep inducing ****.

In the past we've had some terrible seasons, but also some terrible players, but we still supported them because there our club.
This season for me has been the absolute pits, spend 100mil and the quality has dropped significantly.
Boring, predictable, sleep inducing ****.

Yet till me a manager, any manager, who had 7 new players who hadn't played in the EPL, much less speak English - and expect to gel in one of the most competitive leagues in the world, in their first season ?? Purlease - people get a grip on being objectionable, too many knee jerkers. Step away from the internet for a few days - you can do it.

If we keep most of the players now, jiggle two or three during summer, maybe, just maybe we'll see the team fire from the first day.

I think some of you need to get a grip. If were born in 2000 onwards then I apologise but anyone older than that will know fully well how crap we used to be compared to now. At least we actually challenge at the higher end of the table these days. GHod we've had CL football within our grasp in the final minutes of the season for the last few seasons until this campaign. Don't get me wrong this season has been a gutter as we all expected far, far more but it just shows how far we've come.

I think some of you need to get a grip. If were born in 2000 onwards then I apologise but anyone older than that will know fully well how crap we used to be compared to now. At least we actually challenge at the higher end of the table these days. GHod we've had CL football within our grasp in the final minutes of the season for the last few seasons until this campaign. Don't get me wrong this season has been a gutter as we all expected far, far more but it just shows how far we've come.

=D>

well I suppose it's how you approach "worst"

the 90's just made me despondent, this season has me apoplectic

Totally agree. A lot of our supports sound just like the moaning scoucers and gooners, I'd have swap with them in a heartbeat to have the last 15 years they've had.

It don't get any worse than having Terry Neill as manager, transforming a team that was under performing yet trying to play with style to a dull, funless outfit which struggled to avoid relegation on the last day of the season.

The one season I stopped going, we were just too excruciating to watch, almost as boring as that pr**k gooner who 'managed' us.

Anyone who says this is the worst ever season is either younger than 12, has an exceptionally short memory, or is taking the p1ss - because nobody could be that stupid.

Let's hope we come seventh and can have a proper crack at CL qualification next year, or that some miracle happens and we sneak 4th. But either way this season was mediocre: nothing more, nothing less.

The voice of reason. Seems a scarce quality around here these days.

Think I'll go for 93/94, as 76/77 isn't that recent any more. I remember going over on Easter Monday and getting trounced by WHam 1-4.

Team: Walker, Kerslake, Scott, Campbell, Mabbutt, Samways, Sedgley, Dozzell, Barmby, Rosenthal, Anderton, Subs: Howells, Sheringham (Just returning from injury)

Getting mullered by this sh1te:

Miklosko, Breaker, Burrows, Martin, Potts, Holmes, Bishop, Marsh, Butler, Morely, Jones, Sub: Rowland

Embarrassing!

We actually have had it so good in the last ten years. Our younger fans have no idea really how bad things once were in early days of the Premiership. We missed the boat at the start due largely to finances and have been playing catch up ever since.

i was there...what a ****ty day..

I didn't include 2001-02 in the poll; it was year we got to the Worthington Cup Final and lost to Blackburn, having smashed Chelsea 5-1 in the SF.
The Cup Final aside it was a very typical season for us; we started well played some great football but could never string enough results together. Back then finishing Top 6 was always the target and we were always there or there abouts.
Things then really fell off the rails after Xmas. The deflation of losing the cup final seriously affected the team and I remember one game, home to Charlton on a Monday night in March, which we lost 0-1 to a scrappy Chris Powell goal.
March always seemed like the end of the season back then and the rest of the season petered out into mediocrity. I think we finished below west ham on last day having lost poorly at Leicester.
Arsenal also did the double that year so whilst 01-02 wasn't the worst season it was a good example of what supporting Spurs was like in the era.

Worst season ? These fans must have been born yesterday, getting 'spoilt' with our form to stay in top 10, just look at the 90s.

In terms of entertainment, of recent seasons, say last 5 years, then yes most probably. But this just smacks of short termism, which is the norm in this day and age. Sad.

Agreed. It's been a disappointing season, but you don't have to go far back to find much, much worse seasons.

Back