• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Here we go again!
How on earth could you know that we have minimal cash right now? Are you THFC's FD?
I outlined yesterday that our transfer dealings in 2012 showed a surplus on transfer trading - how on earth can you be so definite about our finances?
I did get some nonsense replies about the fact that transfers are amortised over a number of years but the very fact that we have a surplus on transfer dealings on the Balance Sheet means there is money available.
I can't help thinking that there are a bunch of people on here that are Mr Levy's PR Agents trying to influence our thinking!
When we get 6th in May now many of you will lament the fact we didn't underpin the squad in January?

How can you unless you know all agent fees and signing on fees for each individual player, its not as simple as adding and subtracting reported transfer fees. And if by chance you do can you sort me a job out at the club? ;)

Well we bid 23m on Moutinho so i'm inclined to believe we have the cash. It's not going to go through because Levy waited until the last day to try and conclude a deal.

We bid 23m for Mout yes.

What makes you think the deal for mout is structured in any way near the same way as the deal for Leandro?

Here we go again!
How on earth could you know that we have minimal cash right now? Are you THFC's FD?
I outlined yesterday that our transfer dealings in 2012 showed a surplus on transfer trading - how on earth can you be so definite about our finances?
I did get some nonsense replies about the fact that transfers are amortised over a number of years but the very fact that we have a surplus on transfer dealings on the Balance Sheet means there is money available.
I can't help thinking that there are a bunch of people on here that are Mr Levy's PR Agents trying to influence our thinking!
When we get 6th in May now many of you will lament the fact we didn't underpin the squad in January?

Same goes for yourself. I seriously doubt you know of all the financial dealings of the club and where the money goes, especially considering the new stadium developments.

To use a somewhat backwards analogy: QPR are spending like crazy, but surely they must be in the negative after all their spending. By no means have they stopped spending despite their precarious position. Levy is smiling to himself as he imagines that ship sinking in 6 months.

Righty-ho, off to play a game and prove to any 'scout watching' that this porky 45 year old could be 'the answer' (if Grant Holt, etc...)...if Damiao/Will.i.am/Moutinho/Llorente/the cryogenized reincarnate of Ronaldo circa 2000, then I will happily supply a photo of my face with an egg on it!!!!!!!

Here's hoping there's a midnight egg-head portrait (fried not scrambled!!!!!!!!)

:lol:

Well we bid 23m on Moutinho so i'm inclined to believe we have the cash. It's not going to go through because Levy waited until the last day to try and conclude a deal.

again it wouldn't have been anywhere near 23 million up front - deals don't work like that unless you are bankrolled by an oligarch.

there is every chance that we are willing to meet their valuation but cannot agree to their structure of payments - although leaving it to the last minute would be the most likely cause of a collapse.

again it wouldn't have been anywhere near 23 million up front - deals don't work like that unless you are bankrolled by an oligarch.

there is every chance that we are willing to meet their valuation but cannot agree to their structure of payments - although leaving it to the last minute would be the most likely cause of a collapse.

yeh a bit of both i agree.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Last I heard (about an hour ago) #THFC were still hopeful of reaching an agreement for Damiao. Seems to change every 5 mins on deadline day

Very few clubs have that sort of money up front. £20m upfront? You're talking Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG, Barca, possibly Bayern, couple of Russian clubs and that's your lot!

Back