• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Hmm pretty sure he's more of a deep-lying playmaker who can get forward on occasion.

From his time at AZ:

"Koopmeiners is the orchestrator of AZ’s build-up play, playing on the left side of the midfield pivot in Slot’s 4-2-3-1, whilst occasionally deputizing in central defense"

As i said i don't know.

Just going by this.

As i said i don't know.

Just going by this.

Going by what? A one word identifier rather than an actual description of the way he plays?

Wikipedia says "Position(s): Defensive midfielder" and describes him in more detail as: a defensive midfielder or central midfielder. He can also play as a centre-back. He is known for his leadership qualities, and captained AZ Alkmaar despite his young age.

So he's clearly versatile, but I'd use a description of the way he plays over a single word like 'Attacking Midfielder'

Ok so who is koopmeiners going to replace in our 11?

A number 6 as a starter is about the only one we may need for the mid 3. Maddison, sarr seem set. Bentancur if he gets back to his best.

Bergvall can get minutes.

A Bissouma upgrade perhaps.
And next season we will hopefully have to look beyond simply an 11 due to going far in Europe and at least one cup competition. It'd be beefing up the squad.

Reactions: jrh
Going by what? A one word identifier rather than an actual description of the way he plays?

Wikipedia says "Position(s): Defensive midfielder" and describes him in more detail as: a defensive midfielder or central midfielder. He can also play as a centre-back. He is known for his leadership qualities, and captained AZ Alkmaar despite his young age.

So he's clearly versatile, but I'd use a description of the way he plays over a single word like 'Attacking Midfielder'

Don't shoot the messenger. I've litterally said i don't know. Transfermarkt just has him playing mostly as an attacking midfielder this season.

Not when he's already been blown out twice for attitude-related problems. I don't think Ange seems a second (or third) chances kind of guy for that sort of thing.

Genoa also have a cheap (£8.5m) option to make the deal permanent, which presumably they will do, even just to sell him for a bit more to a newly promoted club.
Has he been blown out by Ange for attitude related problems?

Albert Guðmundsson is the latest name in the rumour mill... Another Genoa player, Paratici special? He's a bit old for our usual profile, but probably the right price point. I don't know anything about him other than he scored a hattrick recently and is versatile.

Albert Guðmundsson is the latest name in the rumour mill... Another Genoa player, Paratici special? He's a bit old for our usual profile, but probably the right price point. I don't know anything about him other than he scored a hattrick recently and is versatile.
What sort of player is he ??

Back