• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Its not a given that clubs will sell to meet FFP. The reality is clubs might well be prepared to take the hit of the points, it's hardly an astronomical amount of points that clubs are being docked (to date) and especially the bigger clubs might see it more worthwhile to keep and add players to their squads whilst taking the hit of a few points - especially Chelsea. Those relegation threatened, the points will be more precious....

It's done by wages and amortisation though. It's unlikely it will be a one off hit. As everton are seeing.

It will be every year till they sort themselves out.

Let’s see if they ever hit a big team

Chelsea will be hit. That's a given.

City are a total different ballgame. You have to accuse some of the most powerful companies in the world of fraud. Then a government who litterally have assassins on the pay roll.

They've done that. Now it's time to try and prove it.

Its not a given that clubs will sell to meet FFP. The reality is clubs might well be prepared to take the hit of the points, it's hardly an astronomical amount of points that clubs are being docked (to date) and especially the bigger clubs might see it more worthwhile to keep and add players to their squads whilst taking the hit of a few points - especially Chelsea. Those relegation threatened, the points will be more precious....
Yeah would not be surprised to see Chelsea go out and spend more. Know they are getting a 15 point deduction they won't get relegated or champs league.

But it sets them up for the following season to be in a good position.

Yeah would not be surprised to see Chelsea go out and spend more. Know they are getting a 15 point deduction they won't get relegated or champs league.

But it sets them up for the following season to be in a good position.
I don’t know what sanctions are permitted but it seems that a points deduction + a transfer ban would make the points deduction less attractive.

Chelsea will be hit. That's a given.

City are a total different ballgame. You have to accuse some of the most powerful companies in the world of fraud. Then a government who litterally have assassins on the pay roll.

They've done that. Now it's time to try and prove it.
Wait and see
I’m not convinced , yet

I don’t know what sanctions are permitted but it seems that a points deduction + a transfer ban would make the points deduction less attractive.
But what's the point?

Chelsea had a transfer ban before, the clubs will stockpile players. Might help because it gives them a chance to progress the players through playing them more regularly.

Needs to be like rangers in Scotland and demoted down the leagues.

That's not bias either, would say the same if it were Norwegian or Slovakian teams doing it.

Wait and see
I’m not convinced , yet

Chelsea have already admitted guilt. For dodgy accountancy under roman. They will be charged and found guilty. What the punishment will be, we don't know. They got a fine from uefa for it. But they will be punished for it.

Chelsea have already admitted guilt. For dodgy accountancy under roman. They will be charged and found guilty. What the punishment will be, we don't know. They got a fine from uefa for it. But they will be punished for it.
Why haven’t they been charged?

Why haven’t they been charged?

Because the prem are still working out what charges to give them and are building the case. Also they take ages.

It's a case of fraud not just overspending. So they'll need a ton of witnesses and documents.

They also might be waiting to see what comes out of the case between the chelsea dirctor suing the agent.

Last edited:
Because the prem are still working out what charges to give them and are building the case. Also they take ages.

It's a case of fraud not just overspending. So they'll need a ton of witnesses and documents.

They also might be waiting to see what comes out of the case between the chelsea dirctor suing the agent.
Your confidence in the system is far higher than most fans imo

Your confidence in the system is far higher than most fans imo

Who is the system? It's the 20 chairmen of the clubs. You think forest, leicester and everton will let them off? Levy?

They'd all love to see chelsea done.

I trust in people looking out for their own self interest.

Who is the system? It's the 20 chairmen of the clubs. You think forest, leicester and everton will let them off? Levy?

They'd all love to see chelsea done.

I trust in people looking out for their own self interest.
The system though isn’t the chairman the organisation they have created

The system though isn’t the chairman the organisation they have created

No the chairmen still have a vote and decide what's happening. They won't personally be involved in writing up the charges. But they will certainly have a say in the fact that charges will be brought. Then it will be up to the independent commission to decide innocence/guilt and what if any the punishments will be.

No the chairmen still have a vote and decide what's happening. They won't personally be involved in writing up the charges. But they will certainly have a say in the fact that charges will be brought. Then it will be up to the independent commission to decide innocence/guilt and what if any the punishments will be.
Yeah
Like I say, you have a lot more confidence than anyone I’ve met that they will charge and follow up with the bigger clubs
There is a reason that the backlash from non big 6 fans is growing
City still haven’t been held to account…

Yeah
Like I say, you have a lot more confidence than anyone I’ve met that they will charge and follow up with the bigger clubs
There is a reason that the backlash from non big 6 fans is growing
City still haven’t been held to account…

City is a case of fraud. Not just them, deloitte, etihad, the abu dhabi royal family, and a host of other companies. Each of whom have refused to help the investigation so it's difficult to get evidence and witnesses. But the prem have built a case and have charged them. City now have time to build a defence of 115 charges. They also have assassins on the payroll.
Should it take this long, no the prem take too long. But they will have their case heard.

But we are talking about chelsea who have cooperated and handed over evidence. They've already admitted to it. So yes they will be charged and face a punishment. What that punishment will be i don't know.

City is a case of fraud. Not just them, deloitte, etihad, the abu dhabi royal family, and a host of other companies. Each of whom have refused to help the investigation so it's difficult to get evidence and witnesses. But the prem have built a case and have charged them. City now have time to build a defence of 115 charges. They also have assassins on the payroll.
Should it take this long, no the prem take too long. But they will have their case heard.

But we are talking about chelsea who have cooperated and handed over evidence. They've already admitted to it. So yes they will be charged and face a punishment. What that punishment will be i don't know.
Am I’m not convinced they will get charged
So we will see

Am I’m not convinced they will get charged
So we will see

You are not the only one. I just don't understand it. Why would 18 of the other chairmen let them off when they've admitted guilt? Can understand why city would but not the others.

As you said though we'll see.

You are not the only one. I just don't understand it. Why would 18 of the other chairmen let them off when they've admitted guilt? Can understand why city would but not the others.

As you said though we'll see.
Because most of the chairman need the leeway for their clubs
How many are running legit clubs… very few

Because most of the chairman need the leeway for their clubs
How many are running legit clubs… very few
The sportswashing countries now have enough votes to block major proposals, a lot of which require something like a 17-3 majority. This happened a few months ago when there was an attempt to limit Saudi Sportswashing Machine's dealings

Back