• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Witrtz is class but not sure where he fits in our team
lauturo is having a purple patch season again but I wouldn’t trust him to score enough over here

Lautoro has been having a purple patch for years. Ok this season it's outstanding. But before that it was great.

Wirtz we'll find a way.

Neither probably happening. But a boy can dream.

Lautoro has been having a purple patch for years. Ok this season it's outstanding. But before that it was great.

Wirtz we'll find a way.

Years…
The guys never lead the line until recently
This season he is smashing it but it’s not a great league
He may be able to do it here but he is very simailr to son IMO

Wirtz we'll find a way.

Ciro Immobile is one of the great Serie A forwards of the modern era but was completely incapable whenever he moved abroad. I'm not convinced that Lautaro Martinez is anything more than a skinny Higuain.

Ciro Immobile is one of the great Serie A forwards of the modern era but was completely incapable whenever he moved abroad. I'm not convinced that Lautaro Martinez is anything more than a skinny Higuain.
He is small
Whenever I’ve seen him he has been anonymous
He does have a decent record for goals but I can’t say I remember him scoring the important goals

Might as well just give Spence a chance.
Not when he's already been blown out twice for attitude-related problems. I don't think Ange seems a second (or third) chances kind of guy for that sort of thing.

Genoa also have a cheap (£8.5m) option to make the deal permanent, which presumably they will do, even just to sell him for a bit more to a newly promoted club.

I suppose he also shares the ability to miss gilt edges chances for Argentina in World Cup Finals. 😅🤣

Yeah Higuain really isn’t a player for the big stage. Missed a sitter in the World Cup final, missed one in a Copa final, missed a penalty in a shootout for Argentina in another Copa final too IIRC?

Higuain v Mario Gomez would be the ultimate celebrity death match for bottling centre forwards in major finals.

Koopmeiners at Atalanta has said he wants to leave over the summer. If there is serious thought about upgrading more in the middle of the park, this fellow could be a prime candidate. Good engine, ability to both pass and dribble to a standard that Ange would see as crucial for swift progression up the pitch and through a pressing opposition. Can shoot reasonably well from distance too, which we've been crying out for on occasion.

Juve seem to have been linked with him for a while though. But if they do get him, then they'll surely need to sell on some of their players - Soule being one I'd really like to see for us.

Koopmeiners at Atalanta has said he wants to leave over the summer. If there is serious thought about upgrading more in the middle of the park, this fellow could be a prime candidate. Good engine, ability to both pass and dribble to a standard that Ange would see as crucial for swift progression up the pitch and through a pressing opposition. Can shoot reasonably well from distance too, which we've been crying out for on occasion.

Juve seem to have been linked with him for a while though. But if they do get him, then they'll surely need to sell on some of their players - Soule being one I'd really like to see for us.

We got bergvall. I'd like to see what he can do first.

Highly doubt he's going to be a first team regular.. A rotation option in european or cup games for starters I'd imagine. See how it goes from there.

Ok so who is koopmeiners going to replace in our 11?

A number 6 as a starter is about the only one we may need for the mid 3. Maddison, sarr seem set. Bentancur if he gets back to his best.

Bergvall can get minutes.

Ok so who is koopmeiners going to replace in our 11?

A number 6 as a starter is about the only one we may need for the mid 3. Maddison, sarr seem set. Bentancur if he gets back to his best.

Bergvall can get minutes.
As you say, we need a 6 much more than we need a Maddison or Sarr replacement.

Koopmeiners would replace Biss, not that I have any clue if he's an upgrade.

Bergvall is not a 6.

As you say, we need a 6 much more than we need a Maddison or Sarr replacement.

Koopmeiners would replace Biss, not that I have any clue if he's an upgrade.

Bergvall is not a 6.

Not going to pretend i know koopmeiner. But according to transfermarkt he plays more as an attacking midfielder.

If he can be a great 6, great. Otherwise i'm not sure why?

Not going to pretend i know koopmeiner. But according to transfermarkt he plays more as an attacking midfielder.

If he can be a great 6, great. Otherwise i'm not sure why?
Hmm pretty sure he's more of a deep-lying playmaker who can get forward on occasion.

From his time at AZ:

"Koopmeiners is the orchestrator of AZ’s build-up play, playing on the left side of the midfield pivot in Slot’s 4-2-3-1, whilst occasionally deputizing in central defense"

Edit: This sounds ideal too:

"The 22-year-old has a sublime ability on the ball and his distribution allows AZ to work their way out of the counter-press"

Back