• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I wonder who Ange has already decided to replace in the summer, not players like Hojbjerg or Gil that we already know about, I'm talking current first 11ish. You think there's anyone currently in the side, but he knows he wants to upgrade on them?

I wonder who Ange has already decided to replace in the summer, not players like Hojbjerg or Gil that we already know about, I'm talking current first 11ish. You think there's anyone currently in the side, but he knows he wants to upgrade on them?
I think he will be worried about the holding role
And I fully expect another wide forward
That replaces the ones you mention
He will also want cover at full back IMO, potentially with a CB who can play there

He will also want cover at full back IMO, potentially with a CB who can play there
I’m not sure he’ll want a CB type fullback. Our fullbacks play VERY differently to our CBs.
id love us to big for Leeds’ youngster Archie Gray, who I think could play as a deep midfielder or a right back for us.

I’m not sure he’ll want a CB type fullback. Our fullbacks play VERY differently to our CBs.
id love us to big for Leeds’ youngster Archie Gray, who I think could play as a deep midfielder or a right back for us.
He could be anything but they will also want silly money
I think there is a balance needed
we need some filler and we need 2/3 quality additions
i was very much thinking of the realms of the Lloyd Kelly transfer on a free to cover left aide for 18 months before we sell him

He could be anything but they will also want silly money
I think there is a balance needed
we need some filler and we need 2/3 quality additions
i was very much thinking of the realms of the Lloyd Kelly transfer on a free to cover left aide for 18 months before we sell him
I first mentioned Kelly as an astute signing a couple of years ago. He wouldn’t work as a left back in an Ange team though.

Not starting xi but he's said he wants another cb. Not sure we'll go for direct first xi players. Maybe keep up with the udogies, sarr, vdv types? Ones that might not be obvious first teamers at first but will become so. Replace the likes of hojbjerg, lo celso, sess, skipp, gil...

Although allegedly he is pretty ruthless and replaced a lot of celtic players in his first couple of windows.

Not starting xi but he's said he wants another cb. Not sure we'll go for direct first xi players. Maybe keep up with the udogies, sarr, vdv types? Ones that might not be obvious first teamers at first but will become so. Replace the likes of hojbjerg, lo celso, sess, skipp, gil...

Although allegedly he is pretty ruthless and replaced a lot of celtic players in his first couple of windows.
I feel like Dragusin is cover for Romero but we still need a proper like for like back up for VDV. Left sided and pacey.

Yeah - i think it will be 4 new backups/alternatives to our back 5 (dragusin being the one already in place), plus a CM and LWF/CF (Werner or a better option)

I feel like Dragusin is cover for Romero but we still need a proper like for like back up for VDV. Left sided and pacey.
Not disagreeing with you at all here, but as a broader point I don't understand why people have been saying we have issues with the high line when Dragusin is playing as to me he looks at least as quick as Romero?

I've never really seen anyone mention Romero as an issue with the high line. At the end of the day it was just a bad day at the office, I don't recall us being done in behind our CBs much? I appreciate VDV is best for this system because he is so quick, but if we are that reliant on him from a defensive perspective then we really are fudged. But I don't believe that to be the case, even when we had Davies and Royale as CBs we were ok most of the time. I don't think the issue was/is Deagusin, just a coincidence VDV was absent when we put in a bad performance as it was poor all over the pitch.....

Not disagreeing with you at all here, but as a broader point I don't understand why people have been saying we have issues with the high line when Dragusin is playing as to me he looks at least as quick as Romero?

I've never really seen anyone mention Romero as an issue with the high line. At the end of the day it was just a bad day at the office, I don't recall us being done in behind our CBs much? I appreciate VDV is best for this system because he is so quick, but if we are that reliant on him from a defensive perspective then we really are fudged. But I don't believe that to be the case, even when we had Davies and Royale as CBs we were ok most of the time. I don't think the issue was/is Deagusin, just a coincidence VDV was absent when we put in a bad performance as it was poor all over the pitch.....
100%
We didn’t lose because we had a high line
We lost because a lot of players didn’t adapt to Fulham’s game
They executed everything well
We didn’t

A like for like left sided pacey CB doesn't exist. Our system can not solely be reliant on having the fastest player in PL in the backline. That's a system build on a foundation of sand.

For the system to work it needs to be able to function with or without VDV (or similar). For me the issue with the first goal was insufficient pressure on their midfield which gave them time to find the perfect pass into space. VDV may well have caught him but again that not a case of the system working, that's a having a player with a fairly unique attribute saving us.

A like for like left sided pacey CB doesn't exist. Our system can not solely be reliant on having the fastest player in PL in the backline. That's a system build on a foundation of sand.

For the system to work it needs to be able to function with or without VDV (or similar). For me the issue with the first goal was insufficient pressure on their midfield which gave them time to find the perfect pass into space. VDV may well have caught him but again that not a case of the system working, that's a having a player with a fairly unique attribute saving us.
Was a top pass too
Romero was just off his defensive line

Back