• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

He may not control a game but he is very good at working his way into the box, he has very good close control and can be very direct, something we miss.

Surely there is a player out there that has that skillset ... think Eze would command a premium price for a player that would probably do half a job

Media say we want 75mill £ player Jarrad Branthwaite
Are they fudging kidding me? 75mill for a defender… Dont media know that clubs cant spend silly money

Everton are in reverse, heading down the table, Spurs can pick up Branthwaite for a fiver as they circle the drain.

But isn’t as good … by some way
Much, much cheaper though. Given we have Phillips and Dorrington in the up and coming category I don't think spending in the region of 75m on a other CB would be best use of our funds.

I suppose if we sold Romero it's a different context but w en then is Romero going to go for much more than 75m? Would be odd to sign a much less accomplished and proven defender for the same money.

Much, much cheaper though. Given we have Phillips and Dorrington in the up and coming category I don't think spending in the region of 75m on a other CB would be best use of our funds.

I suppose if we sold Romero it's a different context but w en then is Romero going to go for much more than 75m? Would be odd to sign a much less accomplished and proven defender for the same money.

Yep, If we were going to spend that kind of money on a single player, it would have to be someone who walks into first 11 and makes the team instantly better.

Right now, I'd say a world class #6 (think a prime Kante) covering back line or a top level wide forward/striker that scores a lot of goals would be the obvious places

Interesting question, do we think Ange wants a player in his prime (i.e. obviously he would have leveraged Kane, but Johnson & VDV are Ange buys, for Johnson money we could have gone more experienced/proven) or does he want someone he builds into system?

Yep, If we were going to spend that kind of money on a single player, it would have to be someone who walks into first 11 and makes the team instantly better.

Right now, I'd say a world class #6 (think a prime Kante) covering back line or a top level wide forward/striker that scores a lot of goals would be the obvious places

Interesting question, do we think Ange wants a player in his prime (i.e. obviously he would have leveraged Kane, but Johnson & VDV are Ange buys, for Johnson money we could have gone more experienced/proven) or does he want someone he builds into system?
I really don't know. I kind of think Ange is not so much bothered by age as much as he cares about suitability to the role. I do think with Johnson he had the added bonus of being homegrown so we do have to take that into context. A better more suited player may well have not have been the best option due to our HG issues. Even based on his comment the other day about not being able to spend 100m on a single player I think hes someone who is willing to work with what he can get. So if there's a ready made player available great, but if there's someone with the right attributes bit lacking in experience and maybe not quite the finished article I do believe he'd a cwpt that as well if that is what we can afford/get.

Who knows, but for me he seems to want to buy players he can develop into his system and play. Young players usually are easier to be molded into what he wants rather then older players who are/can be set in their ways.

Back