• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I hope we're looking at the table and all the teams around/above us dropping points and thinking January can make the difference - get in Sabitzer and a CB and make it hsppen

Agree with those priorities. But we must sell a few too. Dele seems to not be part of Mourinho's plans so should we " swap" him for Sabitzer? We also need to cull Lamela, Sanchez, and Lucas. I am still not sold on Bergwyn .but gather he is suffering from groin/ abductor problems , so I would give him another season.

Agree with those priorities. But we must sell a few too. Dele seems to not be part of Mourinho's plans so should we " swap" him for Sabitzer? We also need to cull Lamela, Sanchez, and Lucas. I am still not sold on Bergwyn .but gather he is suffering from groin/ abductor problems , so I would give him another season.

Bergwijn definitely deserves another year. The box-to-box midfielder and ball-playing/mobile CB are high priorities; getting some creativity in the front 3 (replacing Moura and Lamela) is also important, as is sorting out the GK situation (back-up and Hugo successor). Frankly, given how touch the Jan window usually is, resolving one of those would be a great window

A couple of good signings this month could make a massive difference. Hopefully we dont make the same mistake when Harry was here and we bought Saha and Nelson instead or really 'going for it'

We may never get another chance like this with everybody dropping points

A couple of good signings this month could make a massive difference. Hopefully we dont make the same mistake when Harry was here and we bought Saha and Nelson instead or really 'going for it'

We may never get another chance like this with everybody dropping points

Its a nice thought but I'm not sure I see Levy splashing big bucks this Jan. Only exception could be if we sell someone like Dele, and then we take advantage of the cash crisis in France and pick up a couple players on the cheap from Ligue 1

edit: sending Bale back to Real saves us £200k pw = £10m p.a.

Its a nice thought but I'm not sure I see Levy splashing big bucks this Jan. Only exception could be if we sell someone like Dele, and then we take advantage of the cash crisis in France and pick up a couple players on the cheap from Ligue 1

edit: sending Bale back to Real saves us £200k pw = £10m p.a.
Doubt the deal works like that

but I can see us shifting dele to help fund sabitzer

Do the performances so far of Haviertz and Werner not throw doubt on Sabitzers actual ability? I remember Keita was supposed to be the next great midfielder after his performances there, whilst we have seen average/ok players go to Germany and excell straight away.

Do the performances so far of Haviertz and Werner not throw doubt on Sabitzers actual ability? I remember Keita was supposed to be the next great midfielder after his performances there, whilst we have seen average/ok players go to Germany and excell straight away.
I would'nt judge either until nearer the end of this season mate. There are probably more overseas players that take 6 to 9 months to get up to speed than ones who take to the PL instantly.

Could be Germany, or could be related to taking players out of well-drilled systems. When Wenger was at Arsenal their system was so well drilled that they brought in/out players/kids and performances as a team were still maintained. It wasnt that all those players were really higher quality - a well engrained system makes players look better

Eriksen on loan doing the rounds on Twitter.

Cant decide if that would be good or bad, but I do know it would be one thing Levy likes. Fairly cheap :)

A bang on Eriksen, motivated, passing and moving, getting us up the pitch, keeping possession would be perfect. Then add in Dele coming back, ghosting into the box to get on the end of those little cheeky whipped crosses to the far post would be amazing.

Except it won't happen will it. Eriksen hasn't been playing at his peak for almost 2 years now and Dele too (Even though you could say they haven't been given much chance in the last few months). Its just too risky.

Not really
What it shows to me is players that are younger take more time to settle... Tanguy was the same and is still settling in from France
And preferably you want a player who has made a few moves at least so understands that settling in period and can adapt quickly
This would be his 6th club for example but they have all been Austrian or German to date so very similar cultures
Keita is an odd one but he was only 22 when he made the move to pool I think. I’d also argue it’s easy to settle in certain locations with other people of a similar culture that can help

A bang on Eriksen, motivated, passing and moving, getting us up the pitch, keeping possession would be perfect. Then add in Dele coming back, ghosting into the box to get on the end of those little cheeky whipped crosses to the far post would be amazing.

Except it won't happen will it. Eriksen hasn't been playing at his peak for almost 2 years now and Dele too (Even though you could say they haven't been given much chance in the last few months). Its just too risky.

Given we gambled on a clearly over the hill and unmotivated Bale for a season, I personally think CE would be less of a gamble.

CE was soooo motivated last year when he was still under contract. Seeing him come in for a short loan sends shivers down my spine. Ill take a hard pass on that.

for some reason I think he's been playing well for Denmark even while things haven't worked out at inter. which may indicate there's still a valuable player in there, who might be bang up for proving people wrong....but I may be chatting total bollards!

Back