• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Slow on the turn would be a concern. That's the case with Dier too and it might leave us a little exposed if they were paired together.

Hmm, that's the first time I've seen him and half the video is him pushing into midfield for 'barely under control' dribbles and tackles or playing in the right back area i.e. letting the other 2 centre backs cover as he goes on a foray. Just like Foyth tried to bring to the Prem. This is not how Spurs or Mou play generally.

He looks a bit slight for the Prem. Would rather we got some big physical specimen, a real powerhouse that *can* play but doesn't usually try to be clever. A defender that defends first i.e. Terry, Rio at MNU, Vidic, Thuram.

Slow on the turn would be a concern. That's the case with Dier too and it might leave us a little exposed if they were paired together.

Yes, pace is a priority for me in a new CB. Helps us be able to defend higher up

Hmm, that's the first time I've seen him and half the video is him pushing into midfield for 'barely under control' dribbles and tackles or playing in the right back area i.e. letting the other 2 centre backs cover as he goes on a foray. Just like Foyth tried to bring to the Prem. This is not how Spurs or Mou play generally.

He looks a bit slight for the Prem. Would rather we got some big physical specimen, a real powerhouse that *can* play but doesn't usually try to be clever. A defender that defends first i.e. Terry, Rio at MNU, Vidic, Thuram.
He is a lot more physical than our current two, better in the air than both of them as well and better on the ball than Dier. He is a front foot defender that likes to go and win the ball. He plays on the right of a back three for Fiorentina, hence his forays down the right. I think he could just as easily play in a two.

The best thing I like about Dier is how passing from deep. It’s similar to Alderweireld’s. I like long passing as long as it’s not just hoof up the field.

He is a lot more physical than our current two, better in the air than both of them as well and better on the ball than Dier. He is a front foot defender that likes to go and win the ball. He plays on the right of a back three for Fiorentina, hence his forays down the right. I think he could just as easily play in a two.

Signing a CB from abroad to play in a pair despite currently playing in a 3 has danger written all over it.

I don't want that kind of player. I want an experienced defender who has excelled in a 2 and is primarily a defender. Not a kid who charges around in a 3 with 2 guys to cover for him, who we then try to shoehorn into a 2 in the Premier League. It is a very different type of player; I worry he will be exposed, try to do too much, too proactively and crack under the pressure, just like Foyth.

Note we bought an experienced right wing back in Doherty and he has looked shaky when asked to play right back.

Wonder whether Levy will try to take advantage of the cash crisis in French football to help Jose.

Problem will be shipping out 1 or 2 non-HG players. I'd like us to replace Moura and Lamela, though not sure whether we'd be able to find any takers....

Definitely Lamela, he's never fit and even if he excels when fit (which he doesn't) you can't provide competition for places when you're not around. Look at the effect Doherty has had on Aurier for instance, we need that in Lamela's position.

Oh i do and its funny as his first diagonal ball he played yesterday went out for a throw and it made me chuckle as it reminded me of that very post i made hours before.

He played ten long passes yesterday of which six found their man. Overall, he had an 89% pass accuracy.

He played ten long passes yesterday of which six found their man. Overall, he had an 89% pass accuracy.
Thats one game and does a diagonal played from your own half to someone else in your own half classed as a long pass?

Thats one game and does a diagonal played from your own half to someone else in your own half classed as a long pass?

I gave the stats for yesterday's game because that was the one you were commenting on. I'm sure that his passing stats were better yesterday than most games, we had more possession and got more men forward than we typically do. It's not easy playing long cross-field passes when we only have two men forward.

I gave the stats for yesterday's game because that was the one you were commenting on. I'm sure that his passing stats were better yesterday than most games, we had more possession and got more men forward than we typically do. It's not easy playing long cross-field passes when we only have two men forward.
The type of diagonals i am talking about are the simple ones he tries to do to get it out to the full back which 9/10 are in our own half. He gives away possession too easily trying these passes imo.

6’5”. Very strong and physical but also composed and good on the ball. Can play right back as well as CH. Would be a big improvement on Toby physically without us losing ability in possession.

Liking the physicality comments. I think José want some height and brawn in our team. They often manage to get you out of trouble by scoring from a set piece. He built his teams around such specimens in the past.

Back