• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Transfer Rumour Update Thread - NO Discussion

Central Coast Mariners goalkeeper Mat Ryan admits he is unsure of a possible January move to the United Kingdom.

The highly-rated 20-year old has attracted an offer from Championship club Hull City following successful training spells with Premier League outfits Tottenham and West Bromwich Albion earlier this year but is not too sure about an exit as he plans to see out his Mariners deal.

"I've always had the view of fulfilling my contract," Ryan said. "No one wants to leave halfway through a season.

"It's a hard one because I'm trying to look after my future. If there was an opportunity that looked good on the horizon in January I would be looking at it very hard.

"But it would be very difficult to leave the Mariners in the middle of the year.

"We've really set a goal this year of winning the (A-League) grand final and doing the double and also having a great (Asian Champions League) campaign."

He added: "If I'm doing my job on pitch, he'll (my agent) do his off the pitch and we'll come to a conclusion that best suits me."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/tottenham-west-brom-trialist-ryan-pondering-move-abroad-3700661

River Plate winger Carlos Sanchez is a £7.5 million target for Tottenham.

The Mirror says the Uruguayan-born winger has been checked by the club’s scouts – and they have been impressed with the 28-year-old’s *performances in Argentina.

His arrival would increase the options of manager Andre Villas-Boas as he looks to push for trophies in the second half of his first season at White Hart Lane. The target is a top-four finish in the Premier League as well as a Europa League campaign and an FA Cup run.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/tottenham-chasing-river-plate-winger-carlos-sanchez-3681781

Manchester United are locked in Crystal Palace talks for Wilfried Zaha.

The People says United are in talks with Crystal Palace about signing wonderkid Zaha – and then sending him straight back to Ian Holloway on loan.

Fergie is determined to beat rivals Tottenham and Arsenal to the young attacker and agree a fee with Palace.

United won’t stretch to the south London club’s £20million valuation but could play ball at a lower figure and let 20-year-old Zaha go back on loan.

Insiders reveal that Palace boss Holloway, who sees Zaha as a key asset in his battle for promotion, is warming to the idea. Chairman Steve Parish could also give it the thumbs-up if he is assured of a guaranteed sum – and Zaha’s continued services for the Championship high-fliers.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/palace-warming-buy-and-return-zaha-offer-man-utd-3672831

Tottenham are poised to make a £10million offer for Montpellier’s Younes Belhanda in January.

The 22-year-old playmaker was named France’s young player of the year last season and has attracted attention from Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool.

Tottenham’s scouting team have been scouring Europe to find a suitable replacement for Luka Modric and, while manager Andre Villas-Boas is a keen fan of Joao Moutinho at Porto, Belhanda could represent better value for money.

The Morocco international has notched eight goals in 22 games this season but has a fiery side and was sent off against Paris St-Germain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2251899/Tottenham-poised-make-offer-Younes-Belhanda.html

Chelsea will offer Tottenham £6m for Cameroon defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 28.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Daily Mail Football @MAILfootball

Premier League Tottenham, Chelsea and Fulham set to bid for Derby's Will Hughes

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly made a move for Barcelona's out-of-favour striker David Villa.

The 31-year-old, who has made just six league starts this term since returning from a long injury, is understood to have attracted the interest of a host of Premier League clubs.

According to El Confidencial, Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas bas sounded out Villa's officials and is confident that he can strike a deal with Spain's all-time leading scorer.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...a-oferta-al-barcelona-por-david-villa-112114/

Tottenham will open negotiations this week for the £10million signing of Crystal Palace winger Wilfred Zaha.

In spite of intense competition for the 20-yearold Ivory Coast-born England international, Spurs have leapt ahead of Manchester United and Chelsea because they are ready to do the deal in the January transfer window and will comply with Palace's condition that the player is loaned back to them until the end of the season.

But neither United nor Chelsea are ready to concede defeat.

'Spurs may think they've jumped the gun, but the deal is a long way from being completed,' said a source close to the situation.

'This could turn out to be the hottest transfer battle of the season and it could boil down to a question of which club does Zaha want to join.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257816/Spurs-spark-January-battle-Wilfred-Zaha-10m-Crystal-Palace-starlet.html

Portugeezer: Tottenham set to revive cut price deal for Joao Moutinho

Spurs chairman will offer less than the £24m they bid last summer by arguing his value has decreased over time

The 26-year-old was the top target of Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas in the summer. Incredibly, chairman Daniel Levy is likely to bid less than the £24million Spurs offered in August – arguing a player’s value decreases over time.

Villas-Boas wants to add more quality to his squad.

They have already wrapped up a deal for Schalke’s Lewis Holtby.

The Germany Under-21 captain will join in the summer on £65,000-a-week plus a £500,000 signing-on fee.

Meanwhile, Tottenham are ready to make a £10million January bid for Montpellier playmaker Younes Belhanda

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-set-to-revive-cut-price-1519603?

Negredo's turn today....

Alvaro Negredo has put Arsenal and Tottenham on alert by admitting he feels he’s ready to ply his trade in the Premier League.

The Sevilla striker has previously been targeted by Spurs and Chelsea, but with the Blues having already snapped up Demba Ba, that would seemingly clear the way for the Gunners to enter the fray.

Arsene Wenger is on the lookout for a new forward and Sevilla’s financial situation could see Negredo move for significantly less than his £18million valuation.

And Spanish international Negredo admitted that if he does decide to move abroad, England would be his first choice.

‘The Premier League is a great competition, I really like it and I think my style of football would be well-suited to it,’ he said.

‘There comes a time when a cycle comes to an end and I don’t know whether my time will be sooner or later. I haven’t thought about it a lot but I wouldn’t mind playing abroad.’

A host of Negredo’s international team-mates already earn their living in the Premier League, and the striker admits he’s already enquired about life away from Spain.

‘I’ve spoken to the guys playing in England, mainly when we were together at Euro 2012 because we had a lot of free time,’ Negredo said. ‘I spoke to Mata and Torres and I know they really enjoy it.

‘They have a different way of experiencing football over there compared with Spain. The players say it is easier to go out and about there. Here, it is quite difficult to leave the house but they say there is not as much scrutiny in England, and I like that.’

Not much scrutiny...hmm...think Mata and Torres have been telling fibs.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/09/alvar...-and-spurs-with-premier-league-plea-3344614/?

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas could reconsider accelerating a move for Schalke midfielder Lewis Holtby after Sandro was ruled out for up to four months following knee surgery.

German international Holtby, 22, has signed an agreement to join Spurs on a Bosman free in the summer and last week Villas-Boas ruled out the idea he might sign for a small fee this month.

The manager hinted this was something that appealed to Schalke more than Tottenham but this has now changed given Sandro's injury.

The Brazilian midfielder was injured during Saturday’s goalless draw at Queens Park Rangers, hobbling off in pain after landing awkwardly and twisting his right knee.

After scans on the joint, he had an operation in Barcelona. The club did not comment on the nature or seriousness of the injury but they are understood to be concerned it is long term and fear that Sandro could miss the rest of the season.

Sandro, signed from Internacional for £8million two years ago, has forged a strong midfield partnership with Mousa Dembele, who arrived from Fulham in the summer. Scott Parker’s return after missing the first half of the season following an operation on an achilles tendon is good for Tottenham, but Sandro’s injury has thrown their January transfer plans into jeopardy.

Spurs were ready to listen to offers for Tom Huddlestone, valued at £6million, with Martin Jol interested in taking him to Fulham, but Villas-Boas is now determined to keep the central midfielder at White Hart Lane.

Jake Livermore was poised to move on loan to QPR but that deal was delayed when Sandro limped off at Loftus Road.

Villas-Boas may still allow Livermore to leave for QPR, although Fulham have also declared an interest after accepting they are unlikely to land Huddlestone, at least until the summer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263457/Sandro-injury-news-Lewis-Holtby-join-Tottenham-January.html

Spurs want Spaniard to join for the remainder of the season.
Tottenham are ready to make their interest in Real Madrid forward Jose Callejon concrete this month and are readying a loan bid for the Spaniard, fanatix has learnt.

As revealed by fanatix last month, Spurs asked their strategic partners Real to keep them informed of Callejon’s availability at the beginning of December – with Liverpool eyeing the 25-year-old as a possible alternative to Daniel Sturridge – and the Spaniards have told Spurs the player can leave on loan this month.

Callejon has been used mainly as a sub by Real boss Jose Mourinho this season, starting just seven matches in La Liga so far.
But the former Espanyol star has impressed in his cameos and boasts two Champions League goals to his name.
Callejon can play on the right wing or as a central striker and his versatility interests Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas, who lacks cover for wingers Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale and striker Jermain Defoe, particularly while Emmanuel Adebayor is at the African Cup of Nations with Togo.

It is understood that Callejon is willing to join Tottenham for the remainder of the season but a deal is yet to ironed out, with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy reluctant to pay a hefty fee to bring the player to White Hart Lane.
Spurs and Real signed a strategic partnership in August, following Luka Modric’s £30m switch to the Spanish capital, but the clubs are yet to do any business in the transfer market.

Meanwhile, Tottenham’s own Spanish winger Iago Falque remains a loan target for Swansea City

http://www.fanatix.com/news/tottenham-interest-in-loan-deal-for-real-madrid-star/105032/

Back