• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

jTNYkn524gRC0jsvgnM8BDWqFrsLp4Se67UAM9lLAJ40J_5ALvntB7ojRtw7e3H1YLcrtE6a=w450-h298-nc

Some people wanted us to keep this tactical genius. Hahaha.

I give him credit for doing a good job with us and for keeping Villa up and getting to the cup final. But now he's finding out what management is all about, he's had a pre-season, been able to make signings, make a team more his own. And he's found wanting. I don't think he'll survive the season at Villa and I would expect his management career to be over at the top level.

We are lucky that Levy has a very low tolerance of melts.

jTNYkn524gRC0jsvgnM8BDWqFrsLp4Se67UAM9lLAJ40J_5ALvntB7ojRtw7e3H1YLcrtE6a=w450-h298-nc

Some people wanted us to keep this tactical genius. Hahaha.

Who did?! Scara & I were shouting for him to go as soon as the news flashed up, of his appointment as our manager, during Manchester United v Chelsea. I was disgusted that he was ever allowed a chance to manage our club. He has no clue. He seemed to just send out the team and hope for the best, as usually there were no discernible tactics, this was particularly evident against the top teams. He wouldn't watch previous fixtures against clubs, saying that he wouldn't learn anything..?? And then told the players that we were useless via the media every time we lost.

One of the guys that I work with is still convinced that Sherwood is a good manager. One of the reasons cited was that he managed to get Adebayor scoring. Well, I think that was achieved just by picking him & the freedom of little tactics. Adebayor scored & so his confidence returned and he put in good form for a while, then went back to being useless the next season under a new manager. If Sherwood could get Adebayor that good consistently, wouldn't Villa have signed him irrespective of the cost?! After all, this would be their big game changer but I don't think Sherwood backed that idea.

Maybe my thoughts are hopelessly wrong, but given Villa's form this season...

Last edited:
Oh no I agree fully with you.

But read back through this thread and you'll find he had and still has his supporters, they've all just been very quiet as of late. Haha.

If you flip the table upside down, Villa would be, etc, etc...Capt Bellend has his tables flipped around!

I've never before, and hopefully will never, hate a Spurs manager. I hated Timmeh. With passion.

Last edited:
When asked if things could get worse before they get better, he replied: “Quite possibly, but I’m confident in my ability to turn this around.

“I don’t expect the fans to be patient. I don’t want to insult their intelligence. They want to be entertained and want to win matches.

“At the moment we’re not doing that so I 100 per cent understand their frustration and if they want to vent it on me that’s what I’m there for. I get paid to do that.

"I’m the same Tim Sherwood whose name they were singing last season. It’s too early for relegation battles. There are still so many points to be won.”

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11910719/Tim-Sherwood-says-its-too-early-for-relegation-battles-but-Aston-Villa-manager-warns-of-more-pain-ahead.html

Speaking of himself in 3rd person now. My dislike for Sherwood is slowly fading, I can now laugh along with the other fans as he is no longer associated with us.

Villa, Sunderland, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are all in trouble. Every season, It's always the manager to blame but it's the fact that they keep sacking them that means that they have no medium term strategy in place. Everton, Saints, Swansea etc. are far better run and until managers like Sherwood are either not appointed or given control they are going to be stuck in the bottom 5.

Back