• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

He's an alienating, arrogant, deluded egomaniac. He cares only about himself and any club or collection of players he works with is secondary, an afterthought.

That much is painfully obvious and for me it's the big reason he'll never make a top manager.. There are a few others.

It's a legitimate character flaw.

Villa will only have themselves to blame if they get relegated. They needed an experienced manager to bring them up the league but have gone for Sherwood who dont have much coaching experience.

As others have said, he seriously needs to work on team ethics, after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game he said he would ramp up the pressure on them (the players) to get results. I can't think of many managers who take this approach and are successful. Perhaps its having worked under Harry, he's picked up some bad habits.

that was never Harry's way when he was successful though, he got good results when he was an arm around the shoulder type

that was never Harry's way when he was successful though, he got good results when he was an arm around the shoulder type

Yeah, Harry was your typical jovial 'arm round the shoulder' manager, who whatever anyone says was successful at getting the best out of some big and difficult characters, such as Assou-Ekotto, Adebayor, Van der Vaart, Kaboul and Gallas. Don't think he was ever a shouter, other than the odd occasion. He was always a 'he's a top top lad', 'the lads are hurting in there, but they gave it everything' kind of manager.

Yeah, Harry was your typical jovial 'arm round the shoulder' manager, who whatever anyone says was successful at getting the best out of some big and difficult characters, such as Assou-Ekotto, Adebayor, Van der Vaart, Kaboul and Gallas. Don't think he was ever a shouter, other than the odd occasion. He was always a 'he's a top top lad', 'the lads are hurting in there, but they gave it everything' kind of manager.
Except this time...

Oh... it still makes me laugh!

Except this time...

Oh... it still makes me laugh!

Or when Bentley soaked him during his sky interview , he didn't take it so well also. I'd love to see stats of starts for Benley after that. He definitely singled out players when things went wrong like Bents "Sandra would've scored that" miss to the media which was not necessary.

Haha, I did say other than the odd occasion. Forgot about the Darren Bent thing. I think the thing with Redknapp was if you were one of his "top top lads" he'd do anything for you and he'd have a collection of players that would follow him from club to club, but if you pi**ed him off, you were frozen out.

Tim surely knows how to motivate the opponent :rolleyes:

Sherwood has a pop at 'little' West Brom

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has stoked up tomorrow's West Midlands derby by taking a swipe at 'little' West Brom.

Sherwood was close to being named Baggies head coach last summer before Alan Irvine was appointed.

The former Tottenham manager insists he has no hard feelings at being overlooked for the job.

Sherwood said: "Is there any extra needle in this match for me? Not at all. Good little club isn't it?

"It just wasn't right for me and wasn't right for them. I am delighted to be at this massive club."

Jesus...ALL I asked was that he not fudging talk about us...yet here we are, AGAIN...from The Guardian...

<<“It helps when you have a transfer window,” Sherwood said when asked about the comparison with Pulis’s situation at West Brom. “An ideal job would be one that Mauricio Pochettino had [at Tottenham Hotspur], where there is nothing broken. He comes in during the summer, he gets the whole pre-season, strengthens the squad with a few and he gets to build his philosophy. Those jobs don’t come along often, most jobs come along in adversity.>>

Jesus...ALL I asked was that he not fudgeing talk about us...yet here we are, AGAIN...from The Guardian...

<<“It helps when you have a transfer window,” Sherwood said when asked about the comparison with Pulis’s situation at West Brom. “An ideal job would be one that Mauricio Pochettino had [at Tottenham Hotspur], where there is nothing broken. He comes in during the summer, he gets the whole pre-season, strengthens the squad with a few and he gets to build his philosophy. Those jobs don’t come along often, most jobs come along in adversity.>>

Well there's his excuse if they go down

I don't have any animosity towards him to be honest, but I did hear him on the radio saying that Benteke not scoring goals is not his fault, its the fault of the midfielders for not creating anything for him. Way to put a massive split down your squad with one simple sentence Tim.

Back