• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I wanted him gone in the end because of the thrashings against the big sides and because of his constant bull****ting in the media.

But I never hated him and if you go back in the threads you will see I stuck up for him against some of the awful class inspired comments against him.

What I do now know is that if we are ever successful half our fans will hate the manager because it is clear over the last 10 years what sort of manager it takes to be a success in this league and a large section of our fans have such a chip on their shoulder they would never except a guy like that.

You mean like...blaming the size of the pitch, or the players being knackered etc. That kind of responsibility shirking?

haha you could also say that Mourinho was self promoting as well. I liked his balls though his constant bleating in the press belittled us in the last month. Sherwood's problems were letting us keep getting d*cked by the bigger teams, but then he blamed the players.

Poch has not blamed the players but by his (nice) promotion of youth players you would say he can not trust them to much either.

He didn't objectively quantify the statistical strategic imperatives relating to performance and cohesive synergy and quantifiable data.

exactly

I think it's interesting that despite the points amassed Levy still sacked him straight away after the season, he didn't even wait for Kings testimonial to be out of the way

I wish he would get a job! In Russia--. Or preferably China or India. Perhaps Australia. Or maybe the MLS needs some premieeeership experience in a non sporting leadership position somewhere.

Just tired of him...

I wish he would get a job! In Russia--. Or preferably China or India. Perhaps Australia. Or maybe the MLS needs some premieeeership experience in a non sporting leadership position somewhere.

Just tired of him...

QPR, I'm hoping, and he can buy Ade off us.

Just tired of him...

Maybe he is waiting for the spurs job to come about again! ;)

exactly

I think it's interesting that despite the points amassed Levy still sacked him straight away after the season, he didn't even wait for Kings testimonial to be out of the way

Maybe it was the fact that the fans were so anti him that made him make that move.

Maybe it was the fact that the fans were so anti him that made him make that move.

They weren't though that's the thing. It's only on GG where this is this irrational hatred of him persists. I'm not saying he was the crowd's favourite Spurs manager in recent times, but this place does not accurately reflect reality or what the fans who attend WHL regularly feel.

I didn't want him to stay btw let's get that straight.

I don't think the fans influenced in any way levy's decision to hire and fire managers. Levy beats to the beat of his own drum. Winning games happens to be a mutual goal, as is avoiding losing, but I can't see levy looking at the fans in the stadium, or reviewing message boards as this and making decisions based on the sentiment of the fans. The more games we win, the higher our income - it's that simple.

I don't think levy takes any notice of the fans, on anything, which is probably a good thing

it might just have been sherwood's public displays of stupidity or something that went on behind closed doors, but sherwood had a year to go on his contract, there was a cash cost to dismissing him and he did it anyway, he'd seen enough

I don't think levy takes any notice of the fans, on anything, which is probably a good thing

it might just have been sherwood's public displays of stupidity or something that went on behind closed doors, but sherwood had a year to go on his contract, there was a cash cost to dismissing him and he did it anyway, he'd seen enough

I completly disagree, I think the club monitors fan opinion as closely as they can, they are a business and we are their customers (no matter his inelastic our demand) they would have to stupid not to.

I don't think Levy cares about fan opinion. But there are limits. More often than not, it's drop in attendances due to fan dissatisfaction and by extension, poor results that causes the chairman and members of the board to get squeaky bums and ultimately leads to the manager losing his job.

Come on.
For ****'s sake.
Not just addressed at you mate, but I cannot believe people are still rumbling on about Sherwood, like we 'sacked the Messiah' or something. Madness.

Would one of his disciples like to tell me why he has yet to find employment? "Ee's waiting for the Barca gig!" doesn't count as an answer.

Come on.
For ****'s sake.
Not just addressed at you mate, but I cannot believe people are still rumbling on about Sherwood, like we 'sacked the Messiah' or something. Madness.

Would one of his disciples like to tell me why he has yet to find employment? "Ee's waiting for the Barca gig!" doesn't count as an answer.

Come on Steff, you know that doesnt mean he isnt good enough... there could be a multitude of reasons for example - there hasnt been a job that was quite right. Look at Neil Lennon, im pretty sure he would have been on the list to get a number of jobs but waited for the right job (albeit im sure he could have done better than Bolton).

I think its OTT the whole love in with TS... I liked him but recognise that he had faults which is understandable considering that it was his first job and he was too enthusiastic for the want of a better word. I think he would have done a good job and definitely no worse than Poch as it currently stands.

What I cant stand and fathom though is the inarticulate pathetic and downright abysmal posts from some on here about someone merely because they dont like the guy (which I suppose cannot hold any weight seeing as they dont know the bloke personally). Its comedy ill concede that.

Said this before on here

Sherwood polarised fans and players. We got results. Not amazing results. We still got battered by the top teams. And he was horrible in the media. Some players he disliked and made it public and the ones he liked clearly played for him. The football was horrid to watch. I went to a fair few home games and it was disjointed and we were poor defensively. He had a remit to get us 4th place or jog on. He thought he could, then realised he couldn't and then turned in to a bitter cry baby and refused to accept that he had promised something he could not achieve. He left and we hired a promising coach with a good CV. It hasn't clicked yet. It may well do. But by GHod we are better off without Tim.

Back