• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

He is a total fudging twunt. Actually, an embarrassment! '...I could've been tempted into staying there...' no you couldn't you fudging total and utter rooster-womble.

<<“I admire what he has done,” he says. “I am just glad that after me somebody came in with the same mindset that I have, which is to give the kids an opportunity to go and play if they are good enough. A lot of people doubted Kane, for example, but like Gareth Southgate at England, I knew those kids and knew they were good enough.

“And then when Pochettino came in, he had obviously all seen them rehearse, hadn’t he? So he takes over, sticks with them and they obviously all do very well. Some he got rid of but they were sold on for a good price and it’s all helped to pay for a nice little training ground.

“So he has done a really fantastic job and, in hindsight, if I'd have known the way he works and the way he likes to develop young players, which is what I like to do, I could have been tempted into staying there to help him out.”>>

I thought there was a subtle mocking undertone to the article personally and that the journo was basically taking the tinkle out of his delusions

I still can't believe we didn't give Hoddle the caretaker job.

These few months rank alongside the Graham and Neill years as the darkest in our history.

Seems to me that those who broadcast in English go for the dumbest pundits possible. There's usually zero analysis happening, just cliches and occasional jokes about their playing days.
Celebrity culture. For some reason a vacuous, recognisable face holds more value than intellect from an unknown one.

There's also the problem of translation. Insightful, intelligent people are not the norm. Those who can articulate complex theory in a manner that your average man on the street can understand are vanishingly rare. That's not to say the answer is dumbing down, the answer clearly is to raise the understanding of the average football fan. It will take time though, just look at the comments in the stats thread or the corners thread on here - outdated opinions are very hard to shift.

Just think, Sherwood could have been a gracious caretaker manager, had his good win record and returned to a role in youth football. People would have thought "he doesn't seem too bad."

Instead, he's let his ego get the best of him, bigged himself up, took on roles he clearly wasn't suited to and revealed himself to be a complete bellend. Such is life.

Just think, Sherwood could have been a gracious caretaker manager, had his good win record and returned to a role in youth football. People would have thought "he doesn't seem too bad."

Instead, he's let his ego get the best of him, bigged himself up, took on roles he clearly wasn't suited to and revealed himself to be a complete bellend. Such is life.
Too late. He'd already flapped his gob about in the years before he became caretaker - it's just that fewer people took notice.

It seems his ego was running an agenda even before his caretaker stint.

When he got given the role, honestly, I just figured it was to shut him up. A bit like when Pleat covered after Hoddle. Sherwood was given enough rope to hang himself, which he dutifully (and ignorantly) did.

Funny thing is he still hasnt worked out what actually happened...

Too late. He'd already flapped his gob about in the years before he became caretaker - it's just that fewer people took notice.

Probably true. I never really took any notice of him, though he was a bit of a pr1ck when he played for Hoddle's team iirc (it was GHod's team, right?)

Probably true. I never really took any notice of him, though he was a bit of a pr1ck when he played for Hoddle's team iirc (it was GHod's team, right?)
Leader of the revolution apparently.

Edit:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/2265109/sherwood-puts-more-heat-on-hoddle

Turns out Sherwood's biggest gripe is that Hoddle used to look at him with an expression suggesting "You must be really thick" - I guess that explains why he's so fudging angry with everyone.

Last edited:
Back