• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The three films to see before you die O/T

Lord of the rings is garbage.

There, i said it.

That's putting it mildly

All about opinions but i could not disagree more

The trilogy was a great financial success, with the films collectively being the sixth highest-grossing film series of all time (behind Harry Potter, James Bond, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Shrek). The films were critically acclaimed and heavily awarded, winning 17 out of 30 Academy Awards nominated in total. The final film in the trilogy, The Return of the King, won all 11 of the Academy Awards for which it was nominated, tying it with Ben-Hur and Titanic for most Academy Awards received for a film. The trilogy received wide praise for its innovative special and visual effects.

seen:

Goodfellas
Raging Bull
Silence of the Lambs

Honorable mention for: Don't be a Menace to South Central Whilst Sipping Juice in your Hood

Feel like I should have seen:

Citizen Kane
Lawrence of Arabia
Get Carter

Sorry mate but financial success is by no means an indication of a great flick - simply showcases the advertising success and general hype

Same with pretentious awards from talantless ****-suckers and cocaine sniffing sluts

The Big Sleep
Bullitt

Third? Hmmmmm..... there are so many to choose from..... I think I'll go for The Empire Strikes Back.

Films I've seen: Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life (not a very well known French film, cracking if you can deal with subtitles).

Films I haven't seen that I need to: The Godfather, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, Taxi Driver

Is Godfather really worth sacrificing the 150 hours it takes to watch it? Have tried watching it about 3 times now, but always too late, and fallen asleep about half an hour in every time.

Films I've seen: Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life (not a very well known French film, cracking if you can deal with subtitles).

Films I haven't seen that I need to: The Godfather, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, Taxi Driver

Is Godfather really worth sacrificing the 150 hours it takes to watch it? Have tried watching it about 3 times now, but always too late, and fallen asleep about half an hour in every time.

First one is very good while decending slowly into mediocrity with every subsequent one. Read the book - brilliant

One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest is absolute masterclass. Must see.

Why were you 'scarred' by The Prestige?

can't really go into specifics as I saw it quite a long time ago, but from what i remember (my mind wondered through much of the film), it started promisingly, then dragged and got really boring, and then had a stupid ending.

I like all of nolan's other films but thought the prestige was gash

I wouldn't say the Lord of the Rings films were garbage, they had their moments. But the liberties that Jackson took ruined them for me. The first time I saw them, I was merely over-excited being a Tolkien geek, but each subsequent time I've seen them they've grated me more and more.

The Usual Suspects- One of the best thrillers ever made with oustanding performances and a great twist.
Jaws- Arguably the first ever summer blockbuster. Has to be up there with the scariest films of all time.
Airplane- the funniest film ever made in my opinion.

Sorry mate but financial success is by no means an indication of a great flick - simply showcases the advertising success and general hype

Same with pretentious awards from talentless ****-suckers and cocaine sniffing sluts

To a extent i agree with that, however the sign of a good film is how many people pay to see it and there were many who did that more then once.

But as i say its all about peoples preferences.

Recommended

Star Wars
Jaws
Raiders of the lost Ark

This... It's pretty easy to get blas?® about all three of them, but that's the holy trinity right there. It probably marks every single Easter and Christmas for the first 6 or 7 years of my life I reckon, they were always on!

I can't stand watching old films any more. I don't know why, it's just what I'm like. Nor can I stand watching a 2D film in the cinema any more. I mean come on! We're in the days of 3D!

Back