• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Rafael Benítez's competitive record as Real Manager manager: Games: 25 Won: 17 Drawn: 5 Lost: 3 Win rate: 68%

Erm..Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho?
When you look at the teams he's managed the number of league titles he's won is underwhelming, plus he seems more of a "do your thang as you see fit" coach.
Tactically when push comes to shove i don't see him being that great - hence the lack of titles.
He is a good coach but best in football? No way

Erm..Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho?
When you look at the teams he's managed the number of league titles he's won is underwhelming, plus he seems more of a "do your thang as you see fit" coach.
Tactically when push comes to shove i don't see him being that great - hence the lack of titles.
He is a good coach but best in football? No way

Guardiola and Simeone are worth a mention, but Klopp? I like Klopp but he's not a better coach than Ancelotti. I would rather have Ancelotti than Mourinho who outstays his welcome after 2 seasons by running his players into the ground physically and mentally.

Ancelotti has still won the title in 3 different leagues, delivered Chelsea their first and only double whilst scoring over 100 goals and has won the CL 3 times! Quite embarassingly for Mourinho, he also rocked up in his first season and won the Decima for Real Madrid after Mourinho failed 3 years running.

Last edited:
Guardiola and Simeone are worth a mention, but Klopp? I like Klopp but he's not a better coach than Ancelotti. I would rather have Ancelotti than Mourinho who outstays his welcome after 2 seasons by running his players into the ground physically and mentally.

Ancelotti has still won the title in 3 different leagues, delivered Chelsea their first and only double whilst scoring over 100 goals and has won the CL 3 times! Quite embarassingly for Mourinho, he also rocked up in his first season and won the Decima for Real Madrid after Mourinho failed 3 years running.

Ancelotti is a good cup coach and when he can be bothered (or stars align his way) he wins titles.

His title win at Chelski was good but he only win it by a point over a mainly mediocre Manure side (they nearly threw that away) and the second season he allowed the worse Manure side in recent times to win the title relatively easily bar a late rally. Yes, Chelski were a bit of a circus (i'd love t know the REAL reason he was sacked btw) but he seems to like those kind of clubs where his minimal coaching approach will usually yield dividends.
He won only 1 Serie A title in 8 years, whilst he won 2 CLs says it all about my point he is more of a very good cup manager Given the Milan team that he had 1 title in a stable 8 year tenure is nothing great, esp as Juve were out of the picture for some of that time.
The other league titles he won with PSG - Meh;

Agree re long-term sentiments re Mourinho but at their coaching best Jose would always win imo

Edit - i forgot that he even ballsed-up his first season at PSG: when he took over half way through they were leading the league but ended up second to Giroud and Stambouli's Montpelier team...

I'm also a huge fan of Carlo, the conversation is him or Jose currently* imo, none of the others have done anything close to the achievements of either all things considered.

*Assuming we are talking about currently active coaches.

I'm also a huge fan of Carlo, the conversation is him or Jose currently* imo, none of the others have done anything close to the achievements of either all things considered.

*Assuming we are talking about currently active coaches.

So Guardiola has done nothing comared to Ancelloti or Mourinho?:D

amazing appointment, zz has only managed the b team and now gets one of the biggest jobs in the world with no experience, like asking the manager of a tesco to manage the whole company, i've never got why benitez always got such a bad rap, he only lost 3 games for them but i guess, always seems to rub people up the wrong way.

I think this will be a disaster, the problem with Rafa was that he was trying to build a team, rather than get all the superstars in it, similarly to his two predecessors, the directors have had enough and decided to install a yes man, this is a dangerous time for Madrid, it could set them back years

Back