• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

I watched the game, my feeling was Suarez overall wasn't that great, he gave the ball away a lot and didn't really cause many problems for the Real D, he did score a magnificent goal though, Bale didn't have a great game by his standards and he did snatch at a very good opportunity but it was far from a shocker.

Spanish media singling out blame to Bale again. Apparently Bale had the least touches of any player on the pitch who played 90 minutes. Every passing week like this is a week closer to him coming back to England. Will be hard watching him at another Prem team next year, but its going to happen.
He does he deserves a bit of criticism after that match to be fair. It didn't look like his heart was in it and played well within himself. And as you say the writing may well be on the wall for him and it could be that he's already had enough of the RM circus. I'd think more of him if he gave it at least one more season though. Modric had a far worse start to his RM career and he turned it around and it's not as if he's been a failure by any measure except the one his price tag foisted on him.

Last edited:
He does he deserves a bit of criticism after that match to be fair. It didn't look like his heart was in it and played well within himself. And as you say the writing may well be on the wall for him and it could be that he's already had enough of the RM circus. I'd think more of him if he gave it at least one more season though. Modric had a far worse start to his RM career and he turned it around and it's not as if he's been a failure by any measure except the one his price tag foisted on him.

Has he looked their second best attacking player after Ronaldo? I think that was a fairly reasonable expectation. Last season I thought he was outshone by DiMaria, but I haven't watched much Real Madrid this season. Last night he looked their worst attacking player I would say, but only one game.

Like you say he should give it some time. Things change quickly in football.

Madrid 7-0 up within 60 minutes, Ronaldo with an 8 minute Hat Trick and Bale scoring 1 and assisting 2.

Bale 25'
Ronaldo 30'
Ronaldo 36'
Ronaldo 38'
Benzema 52'
Ronaldo 54'
Benzema 56'

This transfer ban needs to happen in my opinion the level things out. Real have been taking the mickey for far too long. Financial fair play means nothing to perez.

Norwegian wonderkid Ødegaard on the bench for Real tonight. Will be their youngest ever first team player if he gets game time. 16 years, four months and 13 days old.

New legislation has been passed in Spain that will see unified tv deal from 2016. That might seriously cut into the revenues of Barca and Real.

Back