• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Society of Black Lawyers...

Not sure I agree with all these allegations that they are racist given that there's a society of white lawyers:

The Society of Black Lawyers
www.blacklawyer.org

The Society of White Lawyers
www.whitelawyer.org.uk

Ha!

Good work!

I also like the idea that Irishman Colin Farrell (and not Englishman Colin Firth) played the part of a stammering King George VI. Can't quite decide whether or not it was a deliberate mistake on the part of the website's creator.

Perhaps they ought to sue themselves for hate crime against white, middle class English?

Considering the 2nd one is a tinkle take then I think you may need to reassess ;)

I quite like the about page which shows a round table full of white humanoids.

I could be wrong but my take on it is that equalityman wasn't being entirely serious! Given his user name, the fact that it was his first post and the tinkle take nature of the website, I'm also guessing that he's the Society of White Lawyers creator.

I could be wrong but my take on it is that equalityman wasn't being entirely serious! Given his user name, the fact that it was his first post and the tinkle take nature of the website, I'm also guessing that he's the Society of White Lawyers creator.
Indeed. Probably one of the posters on here.

Considering the 2nd one is a tinkle take then I think you may need to reassess ;)

I quite like the about page which shows a round table full of white humanoids.

I find it funny but some people might not. The SBL is just Peter Herbert and he doesn't speak for all black or coloured people, he's just an idiot on his soapbox. However i've been noticing recently that a lot of white people seemed quite incensed by the name of his organisation. May I ask why white people are annoyed if its just this one person? A few state how they would love to set up a white lawyers society just to see if they could get away with it,, alienating other races because of the actions of one dingdonghead of a self serving individual would be foolhardy, the majority of black or Coloured people want nothing to do with this Chelsea rent boy taco. We should just start a society for Lawyers who aren't called Peter Herbert instead.

I never thought that I may need the services of a group aimed at the white middle class as I'd always considered myself working class, that is until my son took me into Foot Locker last week, now I know I'm middle class.

I'd never really considered myself anything less than pure white, both my parents are Irish and as everybody knows there's only one race with less skin pigment than the Irish and that's ginger Scotsmen.

I find it funny but some people might not. The SBL is just Peter Herbert and he doesn't speak for all black or coloured people, he's just an idiot on his soapbox. However i've been noticing recently that a lot of white people seemed quite incensed by the name of his organisation. May I ask why white people are annoyed if its just this one person? A few state how they would love to set up a white lawyers society just to see if they could get away with it,, alienating other races because of the actions of one dingdonghead of a self serving individual would be foolhardy, the majority of black or Coloured people want nothing to do with this Chelsea rent boy taco. We should just start a society for Lawyers who aren't called Peter Herbert instead.

This why societies like Herbert's are bad, as they provoke the response. He could easily have chosen an inclusive name like Lawyers Against Racial Discrimination. Given his approach, I assume the provocation is deliberate or he doesn't care as long as he gets publicity. Herbert makes reports without knowing the evidence and the effect is the cry wolf syndrome. Some people begin to take racist reports less seriously and you hear the its PC gone mad claim. That can't be good in the efforts to combat racism.

This why societies like Herbert's are bad, as they provoke the response. He could easily have chosen an inclusive name like Lawyers Against Racial Discrimination. Given his approach, I assume the provocation is deliberate or he doesn't care as long as he gets publicity. Herbert makes reports without knowing the evidence and the effect is the cry wolf syndrome. Some people begin to take racist reports less seriously and you hear the its PC gone mad claim. That can't be good in the efforts to combat racism.

Perhaps I'm being a tad naive, but I would have thought that the vast majority of Lawyers, regardless of race, colour, creed, sex or sexual orientation would be against Racial Discrimination.

The name is is meant to be inclusive of its target audience. The title you suggest is rather vague and sounds like any other quango. If this group has a particular agenda then naming themselves such may appear confrontational but it the elicits the desired response.

Eric Pickles as life president?

Indeed, and that is the reason i asked earlier in the thread would a SWL be called racist and if so why is the SBL not. Up until now no one has come up with a valid reason if that WAS to happen.

He acting in a way similar to Pauline Hanson (Australia One Nation)...

Indeed, and that is the reason i asked earlier in the thread would a SWL be called racist and if so why is the SBL not. Up until now no one has come up with a valid reason if that WAS to happen.
It's a name, I'm sure entry is not barred to white lawyers just as entry to the BNP isn't barred to ethnic minorities.

Maybe and i do not disagree, my point is that If there was a SWL Would it be called racist.

It depends, whenever ethnicity, gender or sexuality is brought into the name of a group it's because it's a pressure group or profile raising group relating to a perceived minority amongst a wider group. So if you belonged to a group of any kind and you felt that your particular ethnic group (which I assume is white) within that group had it's own particular issues that needed advancing then no, I don't see why it would be wrong to identify that group by name. That's just my take on it which I think is reasonable.

Here's the clincher, if anyone was to deny the need for that group as they don't perceive your group as having any problems then it would just prove and underline the need for your group to raise your profile and it's particular problems. I'm sure that is how Herbert would justify the SBL in the first place. However, that fact that he's shot off his lip so indiscriminately has undermined rather than advanced his cause.

It depends, whenever ethnicity, gender or sexuality is brought into the name of a group it's because it's a pressure group or profile raising group relating to a perceived minority amongst a wider group. So if you belonged to a group of any kind and you felt that your particular ethnic group (which I assume is white) within that group had it's own particular issues that needed advancing then no, I don't see why it would be wrong to identify that group by name. That's just my take on it which I think is reasonable.

Here's the clincher, if anyone was to deny the need for that group as they don't perceive your group as having any problems then it would just prove and underline the need for your group to raise your profile and it's particular problems. I'm sure that is how Herbert would justify the SBL in the first place. However, that fact that he's shot off his lip so indiscriminately has undermined rather than advanced his cause.

Again i I can't dance with that, personally i do not care what anyone or group call themselves as long as it works both ways. But i am not sure it really does.

Back