• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Society of Black Lawyers...

I don't know why I forgot he supports that filthy tinpot club. The audacity to fudging complain about things like this. I always preferred Frank Skinner anyway...

To be fair to Baddiel, his principle argument is that Spurs fans' chanting of the word "yid" in a positive way merely prolongs and / or incites the use of the word in a pejorative way by other fans - especially Chelsea's. He argues that, if Spurs fans stopped using the word positively, then other fans would stop using the word pejoratively.

However, there is not a shred of evidence to support his argument. Quite the opposite, in fact. It was only after Spurs fans initially appropriated the word back in the 70's and 80's that widespread and frequent anti semitic abuse from fans of other clubs diminished - almost to the point of being entirely eradicated. These days, instances of anti semitic abuse at Spurs games are rare and very small scale (which simply highlights why this silly, little episode is nothing more than a storm in a teacup). Who is to say, if Spurs fans gave the word back - stopped chanting it - that its use as a pejorative by fans of other clubs wouldn't quietly and steadily increase?

Baddiel isn't stupid. He must know that the word, in the context of football, now has an altogether different meaning. And that that is why Spurs fans now believe that it belongs to them. He must also know the nature of football fans. That they are stubborn and do not like being told what not to do when they believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing. That their being told not to do something that they believe to be positive will only elicit defiance. That they will just do the thing that they have been told not to do even more. So I have to wonder what he hopes to get out of his stance on this issue.

I half suspect that, as a Chelsea fan and a Jew, he simply resents the fact that Spurs is the club that most takes pride in being a club with strong Jewish associations while Chelsea is the club that is most associated with anti semitic abuse.

To be fair to Baddiel, his principle argument is that Spurs fans' chanting of the word "yid" in a positive way merely prolongs and / or incites the use of the word in a pejorative way by other fans - especially Chelsea's. He argues that, if Spurs fans stopped using the word positively, then other fans would stop using the word pejoratively.

However, there is not a shred of evidence to support his argument. Quite the opposite, in fact. It was only after Spurs fans initially appropriated the word back in the 70's and 80's that widespread and frequent anti semitic abuse from fans of other clubs diminished - almost to the point of being entirely eradicated. These days, instances of anti semitic abuse at Spurs games are rare and very small scale (which simply highlights why this silly, little episode is nothing more than a storm in a teacup). Who is to say, if Spurs fans gave the word back - stopped chanting it - that its use as a pejorative by fans of other clubs wouldn't quietly and steadily increase?

Baddiel isn't stupid. He must know that the word, in the context of football, now has an altogether different meaning. And that that is why Spurs fans now believe that it belongs to them. He must also know the nature of football fans. That they are stubborn and do not like being told what not to do when they believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing. That their being told not to do something that they believe to be positive will only elicit defiance. That they will just do the thing that they have been told not to do even more. So I have to wonder what he hopes to get out of his stance on this issue.

I half suspect that, as a Chelsea fan and a Jew, he simply resents the fact that Spurs is the club that most takes pride in being a club with strong Jewish associations while Chelsea is the club that is most associated with anti semitic abuse.

A Reinhard Heydrich figure.

So the liberal Guardian tactly support its continuing use, whilst the Oswald Mosley-loving Mail thinks it's terrible?

Does being against those standing up to anti-Semitism make the Mail anti-Semitic?

It's not the Mail's opinion. Just Baddiel's. The Mail has also featured plenty of articles supporting Spurs fans and critical of the SBL.

I guess the next step for SBL will be to try and get everyone wearing these arrested.

article-2230451-15EF0766000005DC-221_634x475.jpg

article-2230451-15EF7F25000005DC-900_306x423.jpg
article-2230451-15EF7F4A000005DC-839_306x423.jpg

article-2230451-15EF7F3C000005DC-621_306x423.jpg
article-2230451-15EF7F41000005DC-565_306x423.jpg

I've always got this from him too.

As for the SBL. They're just typical upper middle class only realised football existed lately types. They don't understand the History behind the use of the word and they don't care about the history of the game. They're just happy to watch the latest 'Barca' game or get tickets whenever 'ManU' play in London.

Well said Jimmy. Your last point rings true to my mind also.

i don't see why a two tiered solution isn't possible, they (lawyers and Baddiel) seem to want to make this a black and white solution, all use of the word Yid is bad, context is irrelevant

Matthew Norman is a fat, saggy faced, prick

=;[-X[-X Woah up Mou, the use of the the word fat was used in a derogatory sense there forcing me to adopt a nickname which reclaims ownership of the word, I hope I don't get a missive from the Society of Fat Lawyers ordering me to drop the name.

=;[-X[-X Woah up Mou, the use of the the word fat was used in a derogatory sense there forcing me to adopt a nickname which reclaims ownership of the word, I hope I don't get a missive from the Society of Fat Lawyers ordering me to drop the name.

You are not fat

You're big boned like me

In this case i would contest that. Why is he pointing at Spurs. Spurs will never change anything at Chelsea. If his feelings are so strong against racism, and his bond to his religion and its emotive heritage a big part of his make-up then surely the place to start would be a little closer to home.

Does he still go to Chelsea games? If yes, then his argument starts to fall apart. They are the worst culprits in this. Does he make a stand against them? No because he is spineless. To sit in that ground (or away end) and listen to that bile while holding the views he does is weak at best. Perhaps they will abuse him if he kicks up. 'Normal service resumed' is what i say.

In this case i would contest that. Why is he pointing at Spurs. Spurs will never change anything at Chelsea. If his feelings are so strong against racism, and his bond to his religion and its emotive heritage a big part of his make-up then surely the place to start would be a little closer to home.

Does he still go to Chelsea games? If yes, then his argument starts to fall apart. They are the worst culprits in this. Does he make a stand against them? No because he is spineless. To sit in that ground (or away end) and listen to that bile while holding the views he does is weak at best. Perhaps they will abuse him if he kicks up. 'Normal service resumed' is what i say.

I've struggled to find merit in any of Baddiel's campaigning but you've encapsulated the conclusion I always arrive at it in the highlighted section. I'm saddened that he got Ledley on board in what I believe is a misguided, misdirected campaign.

A mate of mine gave up his ST in his own personal protest at Harry's appointment, while I didn't go along with his views I respected his commitment to making a stand. Now, in the scheme of things my mate's decision to withdraw his support over an appointment he didn't like shows a whole lot more courage and commitment to a cause he passionately believed in than Baddiel's decision not to withdraw his support for Chelsea despite them allowing holocaust references at Stamford Bridge. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I'd rather talk about the idiotic thoughts of this Herbert chap, but just feel I need add the following.

My Mum is a very respected interpreter, working for organisations such as the Royal Courts, Metropolitan Police, Home Office, NHS etc etc. She has no agenda when discussing race-related issues but she is adamant that racism in all these types of organisations is still prevalent even today. Whilst the UK as a whole has an incredible mixture of races, religions, colours and the like, all integrating harmoniously (generally), it seem that there could be a valid reason why some minorities may decide to start a specific organisation/society/tinkle-up because they may not confidently feel like they are represented in an equal manner.

Death to all infidels \o/

ps Is tacoiel a Chelski supporter? Or is it QPR or summat?

Are you sure your mum isn't a member of a minority simply sowing discontent to make money? ;)

Back