• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The slightly girly Health, Fitness & Diet Thread

Well i cycled 45 miles today and my calfs are so tight you would not belive it, first proper ride i have done since the start of december. I have a bit of a health problem but am returning to fitness now, it is amazing how out of shape i am after a few months without my usual exercise routine. Do not know how players with long term injuries do it when they come back to fitness.

I imagine they have a higher standard of fitness in the first place though.

I ride a lot, did 25 miles inside an hour recently....but had a wipe out on Wednesday, going about 30mph downhill, when I got a front wheel puncture....done my shoulder/hip/arm - really hacked off

I ride a lot, did 25 miles inside an hour recently....but had a wipe out on Wednesday, going about 30mph downhill, when I got a front wheel puncture....done my shoulder/hip/arm - really hacked off

Thats a good time. Sorry to hear of your crash, i have had a few in my time i know they don't half smart, how long will you be out for. I can not belive how sore i am all over after the first proper ride in 3 months. I hope to back to full fitness by May.

Been absolutely crap this week! Name the unhealthy food and I've probably had it at some point this week; chocolate, fizzy drinks, Burger King, McDonalds, alcohol, Chinese takeaway, McDonalds milkshake, pizza and it goes on!

I've put weight on and feel tinkled off to have been this crap for a week. I will have to kick it in to gear over the next two weeks and that is the reason why I've written this post. Today I weighed 13st 8lbs, will try and get down to 13st by the middle of March.

Want to be back on bike on Tuesday, and playing 5aside, but no upper body gym stuff for a few weeks....I still can't believe nobody stopped when they saw me do a double flip like that in the middle of the road!

Want to be back on bike on Tuesday, and playing 5aside, but no upper body gym stuff for a few weeks....I still can't believe nobody stopped when they saw me do a double flip like that in the middle of the road!

Yeah i only ever had one person stop and help me most drive on.

Well i did 30 minutes of joggin this afternoon which for a cyclist who never jogs is not to bad, i intend to do the same wednesday and friday and do my cycling tuesday, thursday and saturday.

Did a few weights this afternoon as well to try and get my muscles back which seem to have disappeared after not doing much for the last 3 months. I always eat fairly healthy think im going to have cut back on the bitter though. I weighed myself and i had hit 13.5stone:(](*,) but i hope to get back down to 12.6 stone in a month or so now im doing the exercise again.

Doctors also recommended i do yoga to help my balance, does anyone on here do yoga? i always thought it was a bit tossey but willing to give it a go if it helps.

Well i did 30 minutes of joggin this afternoon which for a cyclist who never jogs is not to bad, i intend to do the same wednesday and friday and do my cycling tuesday, thursday and saturday.

Did a few weights this afternoon as well to try and get my muscles back which seem to have disappeared after not doing much for the last 3 months. I always eat fairly healthy think im going to have cut back on the bitter though. I weighed myself and i had hit 13.5stone:(](*,) but i hope to get back down to 12.6 stone in a month or so now im doing the exercise again.

Doctors also recommended i do yoga to help my balance, does anyone on here do yoga? i always thought it was a bit tossey but willing to give it a go if it helps.

I thought jogging is not the best for cyclists (unless you are a triatlonist).
Highly recommended sport in wintertime is speed skating, it works the same type of muscles. Most of the dutch cyclists are very good at speed skating.

I thought jogging is not the best for cyclists (unless you are a triatlonist).
Highly recommended sport in wintertime is speed skating, it works the same type of muscles. Most of the dutch cyclists are very good at speed skating.

The chance of me being any good at ice skating are very low, lance armstrong jogs, a few of them do in the off season, i was really just looking for another form of exercise apart from cycling. I might try swimming but although i can swim im one of those losers that does so with his head out of the water as i do not like getting water in my eyes.

The chance of me being any good at ice skating are very low, lance armstrong jogs, a few of them do in the off season, i was really just looking for another form of exercise apart from cycling. I might try swimming but although i can swim im one of those losers that does so with his head out of the water as i do not like getting water in my eyes.

lance armstrong used to be a triathlete! his earliest racing was in a triathlon...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1BCixQk8g

It's mad how some people are just more dense......I'm 6 foot and heavy set looking, but you would universally say I'm around 13.5 stone, I'm actually 15 stone.......I could be a bit leaner but I don't have a gut or any excess fat. How the fudge do I weight that much? I couldn't honestly lose more than a stone but according to BMI i'm overweight, weird.

Anyway - been back at the gym since chrimbo.....feeling fit for it....los of free weights and cardio, (cross trainer and spinning classes)

You say yoga is a bit tossey but surely there will be some talent knocking about? In lycra as well 8) Or pilates - Friedel does it so it can't be too queer.

I'm thinking of doing yoga or pilates. My lower back isn't great as my left leg is longer than my right leg.

Anyone watch Horizon tonight? Interesting look at the science behind exercise and how it could be possible that shorter, intense, burts of exercise could be better for you than simply jogging for a longer period of time.

Anyone watch Horizon tonight? Interesting look at the science behind exercise and how it could be possible that shorter, intense, burts of exercise could be better for you than simply jogging for a longer period of time.

That's called HIIT (High-intensity interval training) and it's much better if you want to lose weight.

I did HIIT for a while and lost a two stone in six weeks. HIIT is seriously amazing. Rowing is awesome. So is the cross trainer.

I then stopped gym I gained two stone in a year.

I am now on it again - hopefully for longer than six weeks this time.

Back