• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Run-in...

And how about the Sunderland game? One in which we dominated and ended up with a draw. Even if it was just those two dropped points (since some of the other matches where we dropped points, we actually deserved the result), we would be a point off 4th.

A somewhat specious argument methinks. There were equally many more games where we got more points than we really deserved - Saturday's game being a case in point!

Folks, I think we are looking at this in the context of the entire season and we need to be looking at it in the context of where Spurs are now. Yes, in the past we have taken a dive in the last part of the season, but was our fitness as good? Have we shown the resilience to bounce back, both within a game and after a bad loss, as we are showing this year?

I believe that on any given day the current Spurs team can beat all the remaining teams we have to face, with the possible exception being Emirates Marketing Project. All it comes down to is:

1. Rested legs - check (one game a week)
2. No injuries - half-check (so far the training regimen seems to be working in this area, but there's also an element of luck)
3. Concentration and focus - this is the big question mark, but with one game a week, it should be easier to achieve

I think Poch will focus on #3 big time. And even if we don't get 24+ pts in our last 10 matches, the fact that Man Ure, Arse, and crudpool play each other may yield a combination of results that even 20 pts could get us CL. But under no circumstances are we finishing worse than 7th.

Fixed it for you.
You're welcome...

A somewhat specious argument methinks. There were equally many more games where we got more points than we really deserved - Saturday's game being a case in point!
Those don't count. :)
However, we haven't gotten points in games where we were as outplayed as Sunderland was outplayed by us. So I'll count the Sunderland game. But that's the only one I'm counting as lost points.

A top four finish is looking better than it has for some months, for a long time i thought we had no chance.

Arsenal are Arse but its a given they will get top 4.

Leaving us battling with the dippers and mancs.

Its a shame that our game with the mancs comes so soon, would have been nice for them to possibly dropped a few points or had some tough games against these up coming rough fixtures they have, though if we can beat them and leave them facing even tougher games hopefully that could put them to bed.

Liverpools result against Blackburn was a beauty for us and doubtless Blackburn are going to fancy it at their place so hopefully thats going to be huge drain on them and they simply have to field a full strength or damned close to full strength team.

Balotelli is Balotelli and with the Gerrard situation (coming back from injury, not picked, final few games for them) will hopefully be rocking their boat.

Whilst we would all prefer to swap our current league position for either of those two's we have a pretty good chance.

Strangely while i can imagine the mancs finishing above us i cannot picture them finishing above us AND the dippers, so i think its Liverpool we have to beat into 5th.

So i am seeing things as either us in 4th, Liverpool 5th and Man u 6th, or Liverpool 4th, Man u 5th and us in 6th.

...we are going to be 7th aren't we
clear.png

I don't see why we cant get top 4. I know i feel this way every season BUT looking at our rivals ...i can see us doing it. Stealing a win, VERY possible, against ManU puts on equal points with them ...with Liverpool going to Swansea (tough match) so we could find ourselves on equal points with 4th place as early as Sunday. From there on in, there are still some huge games for all of us to play. I don't see why we can't, sure we are the underdogs ...but that works in our favor. COYS

We'll probably need 7 wins out of the last 10 games to be in contention for 4th (71 points). It's doable, but it's gonna be hard. Probably need to win at OT and So'ton.

Man Utd - Spurs
Spurs - Leicester
Burnley - Spurs
Spurs - Aston Villa
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Spurs
So'ton - Spurs
Spurs - Emirates Marketing Project
Stoke - Spurs
Spurs - Hull City
Everton - Spurs

This is Spurs we will find a way to fudge it

I have to disagree. In past years, we'd have been content to get a home draw with the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal and then play flat track bullies with the strivers.

We've chucked away points against the likes of Crystal Palace and West Ham in recent weeks, but we took three points off Chelsea and Arsenal each. It probably evens out, but the psychological value of beating those clubs, in come-from-behind fashion each time, brings greater benefit than just points.

Our Man Kane is on a mission. He's well aware of past circumstances with the club and wants to change it. His amazing rise to prominence and potential role with England gives Spurs a little something extra special, something that helps repel the fears that come with playing at a place like Old Trafford. He's got a sense of the heroic and it's infectious. He's not about to let up until he has this group in the top four. And they're with him all the way.

And it strikes me that Pochettino doesn't give a fig for past circumstances with the club. He doesn't know and he doesn't want to know. He, too, is on a mission.

This group are all about the here and now. I think we're in with a great shout for top four.

Last edited:
I expect to be disappointed, it is just what we do, bar that mental game against city we have always effed things up towards the end of the season. It is just what we do.

That's experience.

Clearly though there is something different going on right now. Pochettino may be getting his work in progress to a point where things start to click more and the run in is not more challenging than what those around us have.

You never know.

We must be due another horror-show against one of the relegation strugglers. Those home games v Villa and Hull look ominously likely candidates, what with their ex-Spurs credentials...

Robbie Savage's final prediction is

3. Arsenal 76pts
4. Liverpool 72pts
5. Man U 70pts
6. Spurs 69pts

Fairly predictable placings based mainly on teams winning games you would on paper expect them to win and ignoring that with a couple of our results.

Gives me confidence as i think both Liverpool and Man U will drop 2-4pts on the results he predicts and i think we will possibly draw with Man C and beat SCBC (he says lose and draw respectively) giving us an extra 3pts.

Goes to show how vitally important goal difference is for us, its not the first time we find ourselves towards the back of the chasing pack with a decent chance but the worst goal difference and thus yet another "point" behind.

As disappointing as finishing 6th would be based on the above you would have to say it would still be a fantastic season really, after the upheaval/loss of Bale/mass signings/manager changes/possible infighting over the last couple of seasons, a leaky defense and an academy kid up front.

Easy to say in hindsight but we really have missed a few chances over the last 4-5 years to stick the boot into Arsenal and now Man U and to turn the top 4 into a genuine and unpredictable top 5. Oh to have found and signed a reliable 10-15goal striker since our champions league run out.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31837491

Thoughts on the boy Savage's results? i think he's been slightly generous to Liverpool and Man U.

We'll probably need 7 wins out of the last 10 games to be in contention for 4th (71 points). It's doable, but it's gonna be hard. Probably need to win at OT and So'ton.

Man Utd - Spurs
Spurs - Leicester
Burnley - Spurs
Spurs - Aston Villa
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Spurs
So'ton - Spurs
Spurs - Emirates Marketing Project
Stoke - Spurs
Spurs - Hull City
Everton - Spurs

Looking at that, 6 of those teams are in bottom half. We tend to struggle against bottom half teams more. So, can see difficult games against the likes of Leicester, Burnley, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Hull and Everton.

It would be typical Spurs to comfortably beat United, So'ton and City, and then c0ck it up vs Leicester, Burnley and Hull....

I'm worried about the bottom half too. And the way the Arse are playing, I see them beating both Pool and United, so it will be close between us and Pool.

Back