• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Royal Navy

I take it back then but i stand by what i said in my other posts. We should be smart, if someone is at the bar buying a round, take the drink. Because it is usually us at the bar buying the drinks.

I take it back then but i stand by what i said in my other posts. We should be smart, if someone is at the bar buying a round, take the drink. Because it is usually us at the bar buying the drinks.

Unless the drink is roofied. That would suck.

Hey smart ass, got any comment on my post?

:)

Leeds, you and I basically agree on everything whenever there is a political/global affairs topic on this board (we're both moderates who are fiscally conservative and conservative when it comes to foreign policy). I 100% agree with you. As I said earlier, I entirely respect England as a friend and a military ally. Who knows if what is said in this article is true. If it is, then it's silly. You guys have gone in with us on everything we've ever done, especially to do things that other effete Euro countries think are distasteful. I'm grateful for you guys.

That said, militarily, I understand the assertions in the article. You guys don't provide anything strategically or military that we can't handle ourselves. That's just a fact. Our military is massive and powerful, it's not an indictment of your capabilities at all. But in terms of public perception and having someone on our side that is powerful and does share our views, that's where the importance of our relationship lies.

I apologize if this sounded like a ramble or was disjointed, writing it on my phone!

Last edited:
Leeds, you and I basically agree on everything whenever there is a political/global affairs topic on this board (we're both moderates who are fiscally conservative and conservative when it comes to foreign policy). I 100% agree with you. As I said earlier, I entirely respect England as a friend and a military ally. Who knows if what is said in this article is true. If it is, then it's silly. You guys have gone in with us on everything we've ever done, especially to do things that other effete Euro countries think are distasteful. I'm grateful for you guys.

That said, militarily, I understand the assertions in the article. You guys don't provide anything strategically or military that we can't handle ourselves. That's just a fact. Our military is massive and powerful, it's not an indictment of your capabilities at all. But in terms of public perception and having someone on our side that is powerful and does share our views, that's where the importance of our relationship lies.

I apologize if this sounded like a ramble or was disjointed, writing it on my phone!

What?....They let you lot have phones too? :eek:

;)

As someone noted earlier, the US defense budget is massive, but will be getting cut in the coming years. However, with Obama's reshuffling of certain high-ranking military officials (Panetta in for Petreus), there will be more focus on intelligence and less focus on traditional warfare systems. Of course, navies need to be able to provide a presence in whatever region they're operating in, but I hope that this scaling back on our part will allow more collaboration with our allies.

No worries mate. Hey, whenever the British are good at something, we gloat like hell!

It must be hard to be humble and American at the same time, that isn't flipant, it's just a comment on human nature.

The US was admired globally as a force for good that exported its culture via Hollywood and music......the last 10 years have been a PR cluster fudge.

Obviously you were attacked on 9/11.......but the Iraq war was utter folly.

No worries mate. Hey, whenever the British are good at something, we gloat like hell!

It must be hard to be humble and American at the same time, that isn't flipant, it's just a comment on human nature.

The US was admired globally as a force for good that exported its culture via Hollywood and music......the last 10 years have been a PR cluster fudge.

Obviously you were attacked on 9/11.......but the Iraq war was utter folly.

No one will defend Iraq, except hawkish neoconservatives. Can't say I disagree there. I still think that many admire us as a global force for good, and I hope that continues. If we have more wars like Iraq, it won't.

Back