• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Sunglasses thread

Great thread, buying a pair of these RB's when i get paid, shame i have to get prescriptions ones, cost a bomb!!:

full_40525.jpg

^ yea having to get prescription sunglasses is a pain in ass as not only do you usually have to double the cost of the frames - only certain frames are able to hold prescription lenses

last pair cost me over ?ú300 quid ......... and are now lying at the bottom of the Caribbean Sea :twisted:

316252_10150795619245562_507725561_20617349_1068085510_n.jpg

they were smart though

prescription sunniis on top of glasses every year or two was one of the things that made me get laser surgery

?ú300 quid sunnies
?ú200 on glasses

that 4k over 8 years - same price as surgery

prescription sunniis on top of glasses every year or two was one of the things that made me get laser surgery

?ú300 quid sunnies
?ú200 on glasses

that 4k over 8 years - same price as surgery

Never looked at prescription sunglasses myself as I only wear specs for reading and I don't do enough reading in the sun to need them but surely with every optician doing BOGOF on specs including brand names and sunglasses you don't need to spend ?ú500 per year?

Never looked at prescription sunglasses myself as I only wear specs for reading and I don't do enough reading in the sun to need them but surely with every optician doing BOGOF on specs including brand names and sunglasses you don't need to spend ?ú500 per year?

personally i didnt, no - im quite frugal.
but i know people that do!! (hey, its their money!!)
(i wsa just using the figures posted for those calculations - i think ive only ever spent over ?ú300 on about 5 things in my life!! flights, eyes, couch, tv, engagment ring. oh, camera - so 6)

personally i didnt, no - im quite frugal.
but i know people that do!! (hey, its their money!!)
(i wsa just using the figures posted for those calculations - i think ive only ever spent over ?ú300 on about 5 things in my life!! flights, eyes, couch, tv, engagment ring. oh, camera - so 6)

You spent over 300 on an engagement ring? blimey

You spent over 300 on an engagement ring? blimey

yeah! 550 i think it was back in 2005. vintage 1920s ring.

that a lot is it?!? (that might need a new thread, lol)

oh, i should add season ticket to that above list - actually, im destroying my own argument! ah, f it.

yeah! 550 i think it was back in 2005. vintage 1920s ring.

that a lot is it?!? (that might need a new thread, lol)

oh, i should add season ticket to that above list - actually, im destroying my own argument! ah, f it.

Nah it aint alot I was just being slightly facetious.

Well they say 3 months salary - gross. So the question is - you were earning 100 quid a month? What the fudge were you doin? haha

you're meant to spend 3 months wage on an engagement ring aren't you ?

edit : see dhsf beat me to it

you're meant to spend 3 months wage on an engagement ring aren't you ?

Says who? People who sell engagement rings, that's who. To misquote Mandy Rice-Davies "They would say that wouldn't they?"

J'know what? It's a Delboyesque clich?® but when my daughter's boyfriend came out with the same thing a little while ago (thinking out loud rather than seriously wanting to marry my daughter I assume) I replied that if you pay a penny more than you can afford for anything then you've made a sacrifice and showed your true intentions.

Last edited:
just thought it was one of those traditions, not that you have to stick to it or whatever

just thought it was one of those traditions, not that you have to stick to it or whatever

Yeah I guess its more tradition - thats what I thought also. Ultimately yeah dont pay more than what you can afford thats needless to say.

No, De Beers and all those other ****s want you to strap yourself up to bolster their profits just based on some meaningless figure some marketing man has pulled out of the air.

No, De Beers and all those other ****s want you to strap yourself up to bolster their profits just based on some meaningless figure some marketing man has pulled out of the air.

I really do like you mate. You say so often what i think, why would anyone pay more money then they want for something just because some taco from a marketing office says so, maybe we are just grumpy old sods. Apart from the EU i do not think i have ever disagreed with one of your views. Fancy a civil partnership?:barnet:

Nah it aint alot I was just being slightly facetious.

Well they say 3 months salary - gross. So the question is - you were earning 100 quid a month? What the fudge were you doin? haha

Is that so! Haha,never knew that (nor did the now mrs it seems!) Please no one tell her!

I just got the ring that she wanted and suits her personality perfectly. Marriage should be about love,friendship and cooperation,not the balance sheet of the jeweller. (And im tight!)

Is that so! Haha,never knew that (nor did the now mrs it seems!) Please no one tell her!

I just got the ring that she wanted and suits her personality perfectly. Marriage should be about love,friendship and cooperation,not the balance sheet of the jeweller. (And im tight!)

Was just messin with ya - ya tight fudge.

I once went out with a girl for over two years who would say stuff like if you dont get me a ring with a massive diamond etc and cost ?úxK I will reject it. I dumped her the following day. Some girls eh

Back