• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Sunglasses thread

monkeybarry

Ian Walker
i actually want to see if anyone knows of any good places in London (central ideally) to get decide sunny's at a reasonable price

but it will not doubt morph into the using random homo-erotic thread of men admiring eachothers rims

release the Jon..........

Hey great timing because as usual when we have a sunny spell i sit on mine and break them, was thinking of doing a thread myself. I think i do it on purpose because i love going into shops and trying on sunglasses, maybe because it is an excuse to look at myself in the mirror i don't know.

I usually wear some wrap round ones when im on the water but i like stylish ones for when im driving, any suggestions are appreciated.

Monkey the only place i usually go is selfridges in london but it maybe because the is a seriously sexy indian shop assistant in the mens sunglasses section who if she offered any signs of being up for it, could become wife number 3. She is lovely and i never had an indian.

Should add i love the sunglasses they wear in top gun but im worried that would just start DHSF dreaming weird things again tonight.

cant beat a good pair of aviators! (as DHSF so regularly, and eagerly, proves!)

i really like off white aviators - but you have to guard against looking like a douche. fine line between cool as fudge and total taco!

i went to grab my sunnys the other day, then asked the mrs if she has moved them, she reminded me they were in a black soft case. (i threw that case away whilst clearing stuff out two weeks ago! FFS)

you cant adjust wayfarers can you? being a solid plastic design.

i have lopsided ears or nose or something, so i need to adjust the nose things of the arms otherwise they are crooked on my face

Gord - you sound like the dell boy of safety glasses!! (too much hanging around school science labs??!!!?)

ok, any good ideas of where to buy in London - i dont do online shopping for glasses

I dislike aviators with a passion. fudgein top gay gun wannabees

I am more a Police man. They are fudgein cool n great n good at making you look good.

Gord - you sound like the dell boy of safety glasses!! (too much hanging around school science labs??!!!?)

I give them out like confetti, one of the things that has come up at work is that people keep pretending they've lost or scratched their safety specs and come back for more, others are more honest, "I want a pair for fishing, a pair for when I'm running and a pair for when I'm working", our unofficial policy is that if people are happy to wear the safety specs in their private life because they're (relatively) stylish enough then they'll always wear them on track or in other safety critical situations without prompting, everyone's a winner.

EDIT: Go to an optician and you won't pay less than about eighty quid for Bolle's, I pay ?ú4.50 a pair at work and our suppliers are making a profit on that. Not telling anybody anything they didn't already know but there's an incredible mark up on eyewear.

Last edited:
cheers for that suggestion Gord - i might actually get a pair (some on amazon for 7quid) to have and not care too much if i lose or break them

they are generally a bit too sporty in style for (trust, i look like a dingdong with them on!) but would be good to have kncoking around

Boots. Spend ?ú4 in the main store and you should get a voucher for 1/2 price sunnies, including the designers in Boots Opticians. Just saying............

I couldn't justify spending much money on sunnies as I'd always lose them, hate watching people get stressy about people having drinks near people's ray bans, chill the fudge out.

Bought some fairly standard Aviators with silver frames from H & M today for a couple of quid, job done.

SWEET! Just found the sunglasses i thought i threw away

PLEASE DELETE THREAD NOW
(im just going to spend some with own self importance)

Prefer police myself, mine are a slight variation on these. Used to be an Armani man but Police are better value I find.

Best place to get them is Selfridges or the airport I always find.

Back