• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

Hmm mm, think this game may have needed capoue tbh.

Shame that most of the injured aren't well enough to make it back but at least they're on the way.

No Vertonghen. No Kaboul. No Paulinho. No Sandro. Not even on the bench.

So presumably they weren't as close to a return as earlier reports might have implied. Defensively speaking the team we're putting out tonight might be able to handle an average side, but I'm really concerned we could be taken apart by Emirates Marketing Project's attacking players. I fear this could be the match that lets some of the air out the Sherwood bubble of euphoria. We could be properly brought down to earth tonight. I mean, I'm as optimistic as they come, and if it all clicks maybe we'll do well, but there's a real chance of a 4 or 5 goal drubbing here. Dawson and Chiriches with Dembele and Bentaleb in front of them? Against Aguero, Dzeko and Silva? Any sane Spurs fan would be worried about that.

Are those injured players of ours ever going to return? Sherwood seems to be very cautious when it comes putting players who are returning from injury back in the team. Could be sensible, of course.

So presumably they weren't as close to a return as earlier reports might have implied. Defensively speaking the team we're putting out tonight might be able to handle an average side, but I'm really concerned we could be taken apart by Emirates Marketing Project's attacking players. I fear this could be the match that lets some of the air out the Sherwood bubble of euphoria. We could be properly brought down to earth tonight. I mean, I'm as optimistic as they come, and if it all clicks maybe we'll do well, but there's a real chance of a 4 or 5 goal drubbing here. Dawson and Chiriches with Dembele and Bentaleb in front of them? Against Aguero, Dzeko and Silva? Any sane Spurs fan would be worried about that.

Surely we'll drop a third man into midfield without the ball?

Siggy and Rose need to be on it against Navas and Zabaleta.

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Adebayor

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Capoue, Chadli, Holtby, Defoe, Soldado

Emirates Marketing Project: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko

Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Nastasic, Kolarov, Rodwell, Negredo, Jovetic

Their team sheet is giving me the ****s :eek:

Feck it. I need TP for my bunghole, you obscene £443 a minute wage earners!

COYS!!!!!!!!

Demichelis will give us chances. I think we will score 2 at least.......I do wish we had gone toe to toe with them though and played two Soldado with Ade in behind

We're going for this from the off .. We're going to be all over them on our small pitch.

We get the first goal and we will then counter attack them to a memorable win..

COYS!!

Our medical department strike again. I would sack every man jack of them. They appear worse than useless.

I think if we play like dervishes we may be alright. The second half in the last game against Swansea showed we could close the gap in front of the defense with Bentelab there. I was calling for Capou at half time in that game, but TS showed Bentelab could do it by playing him deeper and giving Dembele more freedom. Having said that, against City I would have brought in Capoue instead of Sigi for extra defensive assurance. We shall see.

It will be the best moment of his life. First he cries about playing 2 up top....now he sees we haven't done that he's now talking about Capoue not starting.

Look, I think GB's criticism of Sherwood is a bit over the top, but he's not wrong about this. Bentaleb has looked decent enough on the ball so far, but from what little we've seen of both players, Capoue has looked a far superior defensive midfielder, and frankly when you look at that Emirates Marketing Project offensive line, in tandem with Dawson's questionable pace, we really need a player like Capoue out there tonight. Obviously we'd all prefer it if Sandro was fit, but he's not; so it's perfectly justified to be worried about Sherwood's choice of Bentaleb over Capoue. It worries me a lot, and that's got nothing to do with GB's opinion. Yes, he can sound like a stuck record, but play the ball not the man.

(just my two cents)

Look, I think GB's criticism of Sherwood is a bit over the top, but he's not wrong about this. Bentaleb has looked decent enough on the ball so far, but from what little we've seen of both players, Capoue has looked a far superior defensive midfielder, and frankly when you look at that Emirates Marketing Project offensive line, in tandem with Dawson's questionable pace, we really need a player like Capoue out there tonight. Obviously we'd all prefer it if Sandro was fit, but he's not; so it's perfectly justified to be worried about Sherwood's choice of Bentaleb over Capoue. It worries me a lot, and that's got nothing to do with GB's opinion. Yes, he can sound like a stuck record, but play the ball not the man.

(just my two cents)

Good post.

I would say that i myself would have preferred a DM playing (hence my starting X1 having sandro) but again, good post.

Back