• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
I think Spain will have the psychological advantage against Italy in the Final. After winning Euro2008 and WC2010, there is no pressure on Spain to win this. Most of their players have tasted success in WC2010. So they won't be desperate to win this Final. In contrast, it has been 44 years since Italy won Euro1968. And after the way they disappointingly lost Euro2000 Final through golden goal, Italy will be desperate to win this. So, all the pressure will be on Italy.
I still haven't forgive Italy for losing to France in Euro2000 Final the way they did. They were just 20seconds from winning but got complacent and celebrated too early. Hope they have learned a lesson or two from that.

I think Italy's chance of winning will depend largely on how Pirlo and Balotelli play. If both have a good game, then Italy will have a great chance. It is crucial for Italy to have Balotelli as clinical in front of goal as he was against Germany. They can't afford to be wastefull in front of goal like they did against England. Talking about Balotelli, there is one interesting coincidence. He helped ManCity win the PL after 44 years. Can he help Italy win Euro after 44 years ? If he does, then maybe he brings lucky charms to his teams !

There is pressure on them. They want to be the first team in international football history to win 3 tournaments in a row.

It is funny to think Balotelli has been Premier League's best player in Euro2012. Going into the Final, he is joint top scorer with Ronaldo, Gomez, Mandzukic and Dzagoev with 3 goals each. It will be a great achievement for him if he scores in the Final and end up as outright top scorer.

Also, find it surprising to learn that Gerrard has 3 assists, the same as Arshavin, Silva and Ozil. Maybe, not all English players flopped in Euro2012.

Two long freekicks into the box for Carroll and Lescott to knock home (can't think what the third was) , they weren't exactly defence splitting killer through balls.

Spain....what a masterclass. If they go on to win this, it'll have been thoroughly deserved. 'Boring' my alien arse. ;)

Classy from Spain. Xavi's pass was just brilliant. And their collective pressing remains the most impressive thing about them. They just hound the opposition.

So Spain are boring then?

Tonight no, the rest of the tournament yes, very dull...

All my twitter and on here is people laughing at them being boring, jump on the bandwagon trying to sound cool for me, as I said they have been dull for 3.4 of the tournament, tonight they have been great to watch

Don't you know the rules, one game eradicates all before it. Also, if you don't like something others do, you are a "hater"

Dull as until tonight, tonight they have been awesome to watch, 2 very good goals, but the other games have been a chore to watch, sorry for not being in the gang

200 5yard passes in and around the halfway line is very boring, tonight they've been a bit faster and more attacking, that hasn't been boring.

Back