• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Yep it’s called a rivalry, well known the world over. Plenty of analysis over the years on it, sure you’ll find something on google.

Yeah, it's something I've read a lot about, its doesn't really contain any logic, we have more in common with those we share locality with, we should be allies not enemies.

For me it’s nothing to do with what they are like as fans, my best mate is a Goon I was his best man, but it’s just inherent in supporting Spurs that you hate Arsenal.

Totally bizarre to think otherwise IMO, unless maybe you’re a foreign fan and haven’t been brought up on that rivalry and it’s just about what Spurs do.
A little harsh, I know quite a few fans who probably know more about, and are more invested in their club and history than the average English supporter. I really dislike (I reserve my hate for things that really deserves it) Arsenal, but that's more to do with their demeanours, their highly unlikeable players thoughout the years and introduction of blatant cheating at the end of the 90s than what happened after WW2 or that they invaded Spurs territory. Certainly we don't have to deal with those things abroad but neither should Spurs fans living outside of Haringey or even London for the 3rd generation running. And while I both understand and have inherited (in a way) the rivalry, going by day-to-day basis, watching their games and what or who I "need" to relate to, I actually dislike Liverpool a tiny bit more.

Edit: seriously there was a massive brawl a few years back in Norway, I don't recall exactly or what it was about, but I think it was 150 fans of Man Utd and Liverpool fighting over clubs from cities probably half of them hadn't even been to. There you can talk about bizarre.

A little harsh, I know quite a few fans who probably know more about, and are more invested in their club and history than the average English supporter. I really dislike (I reserve my hate for things that really deserves it) Arsenal, but that's more to do with their demeanours, their highly unlikeable players thoughout the years and introduction of blatant cheating at the end of the 90s than what happened after WW2 or that they invaded Spurs territory. Certainly we don't have to deal with those things abroad but neither should Spurs fans living outside of Haringey or even London for the 3rd generation running. And while I both understand and have inherited (in a way) the rivalry, going by day-to-day basis, watching their games and what or who I "need" to relate to, I actually dislike Liverpool a tiny bit more.
Not sure I understand?

I was saying I could understand how a foreign fan might not get the rivalry as they’ve not necessarily been brought up on that. Why is that harsh, did I say something controversial?

Not sure I understand?

I was saying I could understand how a foreign fan might not get the rivalry as they’ve not necessarily been brought up on that. Why is that harsh, did I say something controversial?
Nothing controversial, just that it was sort of implied that a foreign fan wouldn't understand what the rivalry was about without hearing Stand up if you hate Arsenal every other week. I'd think that anyone not 90 years old or living in the area would've need to be told/learn to hate Arsenal as well, not feeling it on the skin of their back. My apologies if that wasn't the intention.

Nothing controversial, just that it was sort of implied that a foreign fan wouldn't understand what the rivalry was about without hearing Stand up if you hate Arsenal every other week. I'd think that anyone not 90 years old or living in the area would've need to be told/learn to hate Arsenal as well, not feeling it on the skin of their back. My apologies if that wasn't the intention.
Yea I certainly know that a lot (prob vast majority) of foreign fans “get it”, but I also know for a fact that some foreign fans don’t think twice about it (I live abroad and see it first hand), which I think is fair enough as well in the scenario where you’ve not been brought up on that. I definitely wasn’t trying to be dismissive of foreign supporters, I have been one myself for 20 years now!

Prepare yourself for the worst possible outcome this season, and if someone wants to win some money, here's what's going to happen:
We will finish 5th
Arsenal will bomb out the CL, boosting the Germans coefficient, so we won't get CL.
We'll lose against Arsenal, so the title is on again for them.
We'll somehow get a point at Anfield, further boosting the gooners hopes, and then cap it off by beating City to secure the title for the goons.

Yea I certainly know that a lot (prob vast majority) of foreign fans “get it”, but I also know for a fact that some foreign fans don’t think twice about it (I live abroad and see it first hand), which I think is fair enough as well in the scenario where you’ve not been brought up on that. I definitely wasn’t trying to be dismissive of foreign supporters, I have been one myself for 20 years now!
You are of course correct in that a lot of fans support a club just to "support one", us Norwegians for example, are huge anglophiles and as such is (English) football often used as a common ground for conversation. But those supporters would probably not frequent or go into discussions in a fan forum such as this..! You would rather encounter them in antisocial media, I'd think.

They end another season like this, surely Arteta has to go?
I can’t stand him but I think he’s done a very good job to get them where they are. They’d be mad to get rid now imo because Liverpool are more than likely going to regress next season and Pep must be getting bored by now. But like us under Poch the longer they go without getting over the line the harder it’ll get. He might jump ship if given the opportunity.

Prepare yourself for the worst possible outcome this season, and if someone wants to win some money, here's what's going to happen:
We will finish 5th
Arsenal will bomb out the CL, boosting the Germans coefficient, so we won't get CL.
We'll somehow get a point at Anfield, further boosting the gooners hopes, and then cap it off by beating City to secure the title for the goons.
We will finish 5th
Arsenal will lose the CL final vs City
We won't get a point at Anfield, but cap it off by drawing vs City to secure the title for the goons.

I’m definitely a Spurs fan.

I just don’t hate anyone as much as I hate Liverpool. (I don’t actually hate anyone but Liverpool).

I’m a grown up. I’m capable of my own analysis and decision making.

I don’t let others dictate who I have feelings for or against.

Admit it, you would rather see Everton win the league than United.

Well you’re clearly very lucky as most of the Arsenal fans I’ve met are dingdongheads. Even my family who support and who I love only rate Arsenal players, never rated Carrick, Modric, Lennon, anyone who didn’t play for them. They gloated when Chelsea won the CL and knocked us out of the CL the following season even though it meant Arsenal weren’t the first London club to win the CL! Their dingdonghead players taking the tinkle out of us; Ramsey, Szcesney, Wheelchair, Pennant, Walcott. Liverpool don’t even care about Spurs! They’re 200 miles away from us. It’s not even comparable as a rivalry. You can’t even admit Salah is world class or any of their players for that matter. You have to tell yourself they’re cheating or play hoofball to make life make sense. I can at least admit Arsenal are a very good team as much as I don’t like them.

Why would anyone want Man United to win the league instead of Everton? What a strange comment. Surely everyone in world football would prefer that?

Don't forget Fabregas, Kanu, Adebayor, Pires, Henry, van Persie and the two biggest roosters of all time Lehmann and Flamini...

Yep. Built a statue of Henry posing goading our supporters. Classy club. When they won the league at our old ground Henry said he couldn’t understand why we celebrated the goal that made it 2-2. How about just let us have one moment of consolation maybe? Arrogant man. Fabregas, another prized rooster.

How is it absurd?

I went to school in Essex in the 80’s, nobody supported Arsenal, it was 99% dipper.

I didn’t meet an Arsenal fan until I started work, they were reasonable, had no delusions or expectations, I liked them.

Obviously when we had our run ins with them under Jol I didn’t like losing, but they were so far ahead of us it would have been churlish to expect otherwise.

Arsenal don’t have fans like other clubs, it’s not wall to wall tribal flimflam, they have their AFTV lot, who seemingly hate Arsenal more than anyone else, but the rest of the ones I know keep quiet and never gloat.

Dippers on the other hand, either winning through clear cheating or shouting conspiracy and rematch every time things don’t go their way, and you always know who their fans are, because they never shut up about it, how they are special, how it means more.

My experience is my experience and my opinions are based on that.
I grew up in Tottenham, way to many Arsenal fans in the area in the 80s and 90s. Then I tended to hang around Wood Green and Holloway and again too many of the fuxkers. Also got too many Arse supporting mates for them to win the league to be acceptable, it will bloody unbearable.

Back