• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Ok, great example of my pet peeve regarding TV direction for that Wolves penalty:

Player commits foul -
Camera shot close up of player fouled, fine -
Camera shot on ref - great, perfect: he’s the protagonist now -

Then, JUST AS THE REF IS ABOUT TO SIGNAL HIS DECISION, they cut away to a close up of the Wolves player again, missing the moment the ref gives the pen!

Ok, you *hear* the decision from the crowd reaction but TV is primarily a visual medium.

This is what I meant when I said in the last match thread that the directors have no feel for the game, no understanding which shot is important in that moment.

They’re just hell-bent on cutting to close ups, running scared that the viewer might get bored if they hold a shot for more than two seconds.

Arguably this is none of my business and I'm not looking to make fun of how people look, but what is Ben White's ethnicity? Is he a white dude who has just spent all of his spare time in the tanning booth?

He must be healthy as he's a top level footballer but every time he's on the TV it makes me want to check if there's a problem with the contrast....

Hope I'm] wrong but I think Arsenal will win this, Liverpool look lightweight in midfield.

Lovely on the Chelsea result, incredible there's only a point difference between them and Wolves as the midlands team are miles ahead. Been fudged over by VAR on a number of occasions too.

Arse win and I’ll be feeling a whole lot better about the weekends result.
Hmmn, you do have to wonder where Baleforce's loyalties lie...........a draw has to be the best outcome, failing that a Pool win, preferably one which is totally lucky and thoroughly unfair on poor old Woolwich.....
Personally, I’d happily take 0-8 today.

Back